Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw
Here is definitive proof of the 6.5CM fad.

Admittedly, the Jollibee Tuna Pie example was not correct and I've taken a lot of heat for that. I am not going to say who gave me crap. But those who did it know their blame, and I’m sure that the guilt you feel is far worse than any punishment you might receive.

This article here is the best proof on the Internet that 6.5CM is just another fad.
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676878

After first I was trying to stop Bersh form wasting his money, but then it occurred to me that he'll be able to re barrel to a better caliber someday once this craze passes. So if he needs to get the 6.5CM out if his system I will no longer stand in his way.

I have seen that thread also, what a riot.

Bob,
Your argument might have some merit, IF you were not advocating a 35 WHELEN to replace it. A 243, 257 Roberts, 6.5x55, 7mm-08, 7x57 etc.

It is kind like telling me that I should have the 48oz steak challenge for a T-shirt when I walk into a steakhouse, when all I want is 8 oz sirloin. You could probably talk me into a 12 oz ribeye, or prime rib.........but crazy

Besides a 338-06 or 9.2x62 is a much better choice over the Whelen. cool

Arcus Venator
GB1

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I'd say based upon how little the 35 Whelen is used now it was a fad.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAH1977
I'd say based upon how little the 35 Whelen is used now it was a fad.

I would say a niche cartridge with a very loyal following. Developed as a cheap way to a big bore, in an era when true big bores were cost prohibitive to acquire for the normal guy.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by CRS
[quote=Bob_Loblaw]Here is definitive proof of the 6.5CM fad.

Bob,
Your argument might have some merit, IF you were not advocating a 35 WHELEN to replace it. A 243, 257 Roberts, 6.5x55, 7mm-08, 7x57 etc.

It is kind like telling me that I should have the 48oz steak challenge for a T-shirt when I walk into a steakhouse, when all I want is 8 oz sirloin. You could probably talk me into a 12 oz ribeye, or prime rib.........but crazy

I do not want to get this thread off track, so I'll keep this brief.

For starters, I used to work with a guy who's last name was Roberts and he was dumber than a box of rocks, so I will never consider anything called Roberts

Let's say you walk into a steak house wanting a 8 oz sirloin, but after listening to my advice you get the 48 oz steak challenge. After 59 minutes you are putting on your new t-shirt they are taking your picture that is going to be framed and hung on the wall. Chicks dig you and your name lives in infamy. Years later, every time your see me , you slap me on the back and thank me profusely because that one time you ate the big steak has changed your life forever.

That is all I am going for with Bersh.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CRS

Bob,

For starters, I used to work with a guy who's last name was Roberts and he was dumber than a box of rocks, so I will never consider anything called Roberts

Let's say you walk into a steak house wanting a 8 oz sirloin, but after listening to my advice you get the 48 oz steak challenge. After 59 minutes you are putting on your new t-shirt they are taking your picture that is going to be framed and hung on the wall. Chicks dig you and your name lives in infamy. Years later, every time your see me , you slap me on the back and thank me profusely because that one time you ate the big steak has changed your life forever.

I have heard of you! You're BIG Steak Bob!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CRS

Bob,

Though I've been known to eat my fair share, and even got kicked out of a buffet one time, I'm not sure that will help me stumble on a deal on a rifle.

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by postoak
We need a Larry Root sticky.

There basically is. The number of threads on this forum (and others) highlighting his antics are countless.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ROTFLMAO laugh

Are you a life coach?

If I need to gorge myself on steak to change my life for the better, I have WAY bigger issues to deal with. crazy

Somebody mention tuna pie....could that possibly change my life forever? confused

Arcus Venator
bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CRS
ROTFLMAO laugh

Are you a life coach?

If I need to gorge myself on steak to change my life for the better, I have WAY bigger issues to deal with. crazy

Somebody mention tuna pie....could that possibly change my life forever? confused

Depends on the Tuna, and the Pie.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bersh
Originally Posted by CRS
ROTFLMAO laugh

Are you a life coach?

Depends on the Tuna, and the Pie.

You are correct!

Arcus Venator
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I know at this point I am repeating myself, but I did not refer to any Tuna Pie I was specifically speaking of Jollibee Tuna Pie. I would like to politely ask any references to "Tuna Pie" in the future to please also include the brand Jollibee. I feel this will limit any bewilderment to readers of this post not only currently, but for years to come.
Thanks
Bob

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CRS
ROTFLMAO laugh
Are you a life coach?

Where's Matt Foley when you need him.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I wish tuna-pie, muffin-top, and bersh would get over on my for sale ad. Maybe some commerce would actually take place.

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Joel6180
I wish tuna-pie, muffin-top, and bersh would get over on my for sale ad. Maybe some commerce would actually take place.

What are you selling? The way this thread is going, put a link in to yours.

Even though I have an Encore barrel coming, I'm still kind of hoping someone will stumble on this thread and offer up a deal on a bolt action that I can't pass up.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Love my old swedemore! I like that swedemore :>)

"the .30-06 is never a mistake"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
I was up near glasgow MT this past fall bird hunting. Beautiful country

just keeping the thread on track ; )

Id look at a CTR with 26 inch barrel

Originally Posted by hillbill
For anyone that thinks the 6.5 creed is going away in the next 30 years you need to ask some guys that actually sell them. I have a friend that works a big seller and he said the creed is the most popular caliber he has yet to see, they can't keep them in stock.

while it's not a magic round it certainly does a lot of things very very well. the big thing is all the great factory ammo available, it's getting pretty easy to come by just about anywhere you look. can't say that for the .260?

It does not matter how fast something sells in the beginning. Just look at Jobbibee's Tuna Pie as an example. When that first came out Reynold's Market could not keep them in the freezer. Practically as soon as they were stocked they sell out by the end of the day. Sometimes you could go down the street to Albertsons and the *might* still have some left, but even that was rare.

Then people got sick of them. You could get them anytime you wanted, but nobody bought them it got to the point where both Reynold's and Albertson's stopped stocking them

So with Jobbibee's Tuna Pie it is not a big deal because it is not like people had to buy a special microwave to cook them or some other special gizmo. In the case of the 6.5CM it is a major investment and you want your investment to be worth something down the road, not a fad.

If the performance is as good as advertised, why would it go away or be relegated as fad?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muffinman
Pass the

Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn

this thread will be good for 100s more post with -------- no rifle purchased !

It is a good thing that Mr. Bersh has not bought a 6.5CM, because one day your are just going to put a new barrel on it and make it into a caliber that is useful . If these CM are so popular why can't you not get a 6.5CM in a pump or lever action?

I'll take a stab at that, because the 6.5 is about long-range accuracy, and pumps and levers are not long range accurate?

So is this the guy everyone calls Larry Root?

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by muffinman
Pass the

Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn

this thread will be good for 100s more post with -------- no rifle purchased !

It is a good thing that Mr. Bersh has not bought a 6.5CM, because one day your are just going to put a new barrel on it and make it into a caliber that is useful . If these CM are so popular why can't you not get a 6.5CM in a pump or lever action?

I'll take a stab at that, because the 6.5 is about long-range accuracy, and pumps and levers are not long range accurate?

So is this the guy everyone calls Larry Root?

muffinman = Larry Root
Bob_Loblaw = Bob_Loblaw

Though the 6.5CM started life as an accurate long range round, over the years folks have figured out it works pretty damned well at other things as well. I have a feeling that the lack of love of the 6.5CM in lever and pumps is due to the general lack of love for levers and pumps in non-traditional lever/pump rounds. I imagine it's pretty spendy to ramp up production of a new round, and the bean counters probably tell them the ROI isn't there. Time will tell.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Bob, you're a comedic genius! This is the funniest thread I've read in ages!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Bob, you're a comedic genius! This is the funniest thread I've read in ages!

I would normally be a bit bummed if my thread got sidetracked. However, I too got a kick out of Bob's posts.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 10 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 702 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.