Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
You paint with a rather broad brush there tex.

I neither hate nor fear those types of dogs i just don't like dogs that seem to be just nice little puppy's until they rip the face off folks.

Like i said makes no difference what type of dog comes on this farm it will not leave.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Birdwatcher,

As I said elsewhere, I "buy into" 50-75% of "pack theory", though Dr. Elizabeth Palmer's, DVM research SEEMS sound & well done to a "non-expert & layman like me.
(My degrees are in Political Science, Administration of Justice & Police Science. = I have ZERO academic training/preparation in Zoology, Veterinary Medicine, Animal Science and/or any allied "hard science".).

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 01/06/18. Reason: typo

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
ssc,

Pardon me for reminding you that she adopted them from a shelter & they were evidently already "fight-trained" & "human aggressive". = Adopting a working dog (especially with NO training in handling working dogs), of which you know ZILCH, is "playing Russian Roulette" & is unwise, imo.

Btw, here in The Alamo City in 2014, a woman died of natural causes at home & when she was found days later, her own 5 house-cats had eaten much of her corpse, so not just dogs will feed upon a DB.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Now sat, you have to admit, if they had been pointers, fox terriers, poodles, labs, cockers or shelties she would probably still be alive.

Im betting there were moments she wished they were daschounds.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/06/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
plainsman456,

So you would shoot a 5# Yorkie, who wandered onto your farm??
(Glad that I don't have you for a neighbor, as one of our Beagles might stray onto your place, while chasing a rabbit)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
jaguartx,

As I said earlier, I own a German Shorthaired Pointer (named: Bounce) that can be a "handful" if you are a "stranger" & who he feels is "up to no good"..

The ONLY dog that I've personally had to have "put down" was a Rough-coated Collie, that severly bit my 1st cousin in the face, W/O any observable reason.

To directly answer your question: Maybe yes, maybe no, as I have no functioning "crystal ball".
(BTW, the worst dog-bite that I ever suffered as a LEO was by a Standard Poodle. - I received any number of stitches from that unprovoked attack.)

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 01/06/18. Reason: addenda

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Btw, here in The Alamo City in 2014, a woman died of natural causes at home & when she was found days later, her own 5 house-cats had eaten much of her corpse, so not just dogs will feed upon a DB.

Hardly a valid comparison, to the best of my knowledge that poor woman had been dead at most a couple of hours before they commenced to eat her, and probably much less than that given they were gnawing on her ribs when they found her.

As to cats, I have one at home that appears to think I'm her mom and follows me incessantly, but I do realize that if I came home one day and the cat had magically transformed into the size of a Siberian tiger, I would prob'ly be dead inside of five minutes grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Birdwatcher,

Gee I don't know, as the famous Professor Joy Adamson & authoress of BORN FREE seemed to do OK raising/rehabilitating African Lions & raised a niece from 3YO to adulthood WITH the Big Cats of several sorts.
(Her niece wrote a book on her experiences, THE KILLERS IN MY BACK GARDEN, when she was herself a married woman/mother.)...

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Birdwatcher,

You might also enjoy (IF you can find it, as it's been out of print for a goodly number of years), THE KILLER IN MY KITCHEN, who "takes in" orphaned TIGERS, LIONS, LEOPARDS, PUMAS & JAGUARS & rehabilitates them.. = She also raised her "charges" with her 4 human children, until they left home/went to college/married & W/O any known problems,
(2 of her 4 kids are now DVMs & one is a Zoologist.).

yours, tex.

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by satx78247
Birdwatcher,

Gee I don't know, as the famous Professor Joy Adamson & authoress of BORN FREE seemed to do OK raising/rehabilitating African Lions & raised a niece from 3YO to adulthood WITH the Big Cats of several sorts.
(Her niece wrote a book on her experiences, THE KILLERS IN MY BACK GARDEN, when she was herself a married woman/mother.)...

yours, tex

Not widely publicized at the time; Elsa was the only one of the three orphan lion cubs felt they could trust, the other two were sent off to zoos.

http://people.com/archive/two-decad...s-elsa-thrives-in-the-wild-vol-18-no-21/

Soon after Adamson moved to Kora, his African assistant was mauled to death by “Boy,” a lion used in the Born Free movie and later set loose. (Adamson had to shoot the animal.) Other newly-freed lions also attacked Adamson’s brother Terence, now 75, and Adamson’s 38-year-old assistant, Tony Fitzjohn.

Maybe they shoulda adopted pit bulls instead grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
jaguartx,

As I said earlier, I own a German Shorthaired Pointer (named: Bounce) that can be a "handful" if you are a "stranger" & who he feels is "up to no good"..

The ONLY dog that I've personally had to have "put down" was a Rough-coated Collie, that severly bit my 1st cousin in the face, W/O any observable reason.

To directly answer your question: Maybe yes, maybe no, as I have no functioning "crystal ball".
(BTW, the worst dog-bite that I ever suffered as a LEO was by a Standard Poodle. - I received any number of stitches from that unprovoked attack.)

yours, tex

Tex, you got stitches, the girl got embalmed and a plot. Which do you think she woulda preferred. There is a difference. How many people do poodles kill? You seem to equate bites with fatalaties.

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Birdwatcher,

Prof. Adamson said that she only sent the other two lion cubs to the zoo because her husband was ordered to do so by his lead-superior in the Game Department. The zoo had paid for 2 cubs & 2 they received.
ELSA was far from the only cat that she raised/rehabilitated over her career..
(Btw, i have NO interest or the required training to rehabilitate Big Cats BUT I admire those brave souls who DO that needful task, as all too many cubs/kittens are put down because nobody wants to be bothered with them,)

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 01/06/18. Reason: clarity/typo

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by jaguartx
jaguartx,

yours, tex

Tex, you got stitches, not embalmed. There is a difference.

laugh laugh laugh

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
jaguartx,

Would you have preferred that the 50+# Standard Poodle had ripped out my throat, rather than mangling my arm & hand, as I fought him off?? = That dog was intent on pressing/finishing his attack.
(I gave him my arm to chew on to keep him from biting my neck/throat.)

What part of that "this is ONE case of bad behavior by 2 dangerous dogs" (that should have NEVER been adopted out to ANYBODY & a case that was OVERBLOWN by the sensationalist muckraking press) of many thousands of cases that NOTHING of the sort happened??

You could make the SAME exact argument about COLLIES, as I had to have a dangerous 6YO collie put down.

FACE FACTS: Pit Bulls & their cousins are NO more naturally dangerous than any other LARGE/STRONG protection and/or working breed. = The press LIES to "build market share", sell their publications & to make a PROFIT. = It's ALL about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 01/06/18. Reason: addenda

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Late to this , but with grandkids, livestock I will shoot perceived threat..pits are of no good to me if your around me you'd better be giving you lost dog.info Pits are like [bleep] , depends on life training ,but still looking for a problem.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
What part of if they were bad and never should have been parted out can you not understand would left her alive had they been cockers. Some dogs bite, some dogs kill. Admit it, cause its true. House cats bite and scratch. So do tigers. Is there no difference. You seem to claim they are the same. So if a bad house cat and a bad tiger shouldnt have been parted out whats the difference? Unfortunately youre too obstinate to see it.

You prefer your grand daughter to have a bad house cat or a bad tiger? One is a killer.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Hey, all pit owners need to do is keep muzzles on them, or be perfect owners. Well, with cockers you dont have to be a perfect owner or keep a muzzle on it.

I could say there is no difference in owning a bull snake and a rattler. There is a difference in the bite, mister. Try it and see. There is a difderence in a pissed off pit bite and a pissed off cocker bite.

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
ldholtoin,

Unless the animal is what our state laws refer to as: "an obvious & immediate threat to life, limb or property", you'll spend considerable time & money trying to stay out of jail here in TX.
(Several people here have stated that they would kill any pit bull that they see anywhere.)

Right now, a pair of local LEOs are being discharged from their job & are facing felony charges for killing a local lady's two Akitas. - The lead officer stated in a deposition that, "Akitas are dangerous by their nature."
(The two are going to be VERY lucky to not got to prison over this incident.)

yours, satx

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Without pits, 21 more people would have survived 2016. Fuggem. Pits need food and excuses. You provide the latter. Try being the food.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Im pulling for the cops, same as when they deal with BLM.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

713 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 69 invisible), 3,097 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.