Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KC
. If a bear is molesting my meat, I can deal with it.

You're a better man than I, gunga din.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by KC
. If a bear is molesting my meat, I can deal with it.

You're a better man than I, gunga din.

Maybe I should have phrased that differently.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Some packs allow a few options. My Granite Gear pack has webbing on the outside of the waist belt that is compatible with MOLLE so if you've got a MOLLE holster option, that might work.

What I'd really like to see is a shoulder holster body that attaches to the pack straps via grim-loc or similar connectors so it becomes part of the pack. I haven't found anyone making quite the right rig yet.

Kit bag attaches to the lifter straps with grim-loc's

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't think they offer a kit bag for a 7-1/2 inch barreled revolver. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Berettaman
I am interested in this as well, but the kit bag wont work for 2 reasons....first, i carry in grizz country and this doesnt seem to quick to deploy without fumbling with a zipper. Secondly, that is where my binoc harness goes that has my rangefinder, wind powder, etc. I need something for the belt.

Ahh yes, the dreaded Minnesota Grizzly Bear! Always an ever present issue eh!

Funny how someone "Knows" something won't work, when they don't own it, and have never tried it... crazy

I wear an HPG Kit Bag fairly regularly while hunting BG, and carry various handguns ranging from a 5" N Frame .44 Magnum, to a Glock 21 .45 ACP, with no issues.

With a modicum of practice, and proper setup, a reasonably quick presentation of a handgun is pretty simple.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have him look at a Safariland ALS paddle holster. Solid retention with a really nice thumb release.

Put the paddle on the pack waist strap, mine has some molle webbing sewn on it that the holster just grabs onto.

When you drop your pack, slip the paddle over your belt.

Great holster, IMO

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The ALS system kicks azz. I likey.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I saw this on another site. I don't think anyone posted it yet. I Do not own it, but it allows for binocular and handgun chest carry.
https://fhfgear.com/collections/tactical/products/kydex%C2%AE-holster-by-razco-gear

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
https://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/collections/holsters/products/guides-choice-chest-holster

The guides choice is a well made, very versatile holster. I carry a Super Blackhawk while bowhunting, along with a daypack, and binos on a harness. Its always right there, if needed. I've had mine for at least 6 years now.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The guides choice for me too. When I was looking for something to carry while wearing a backpack, it is what I settled on, and with no regrets. If the zipper packs work for someone, go for it. For me, whether it is just in my head, or what...I don't want to have to run the risk of a zipper catching or missing my grab at a strap. Some of the places I go I too can see myself needing access RFN.

IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
When we hunted out of a base camp it was situated at the base of where a creek drainage split the mountain . Depending on where you hunted that day, one way to get back to camp was hit the drainage, drop down to the creek and follow it down . As you got lower you would run into where the beavers were making dams and quite a bit of willows/alders. It was thick but cattle and game usually had a trail through it.

One night my pard came down that trail (most nights that hunt) and bumped into a bear. He never saw the bear, but figured it was only 15 or 20 feet away when it started popping it's teeth and roaring. He said it blew away through about fifty feet of that thicket before it stopped and started popping and growling again, then it crashed off up the other side.

Bryan is a fairly accomplished pistol shot, did pretty good at Bianchi cup and shoots IDPA regular like.

He told me that night back at camp that if he had his pistol in his hand he probably wouldn't have had time to raise it if the bear had charged him and that it covered that first fifty or so feet so fast that he doubts he could have drawn in the time it took to realize what was happening.

We're getting older and carry for varied reasons (another thread maybe) but not cause we think we might stop a charge. Having the gun, fak, fire starter, on me when I drop the day pack is nice though. My system I can do that with the Kit bag or not. Kit bag works well though.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Robster
I saw this on another site. I don't think anyone posted it yet. I Do not own it, but it allows for binocular and handgun chest carry.
https://fhfgear.com/collections/tactical/products/kydex%C2%AE-holster-by-razco-gear

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is sort of what I’ve been looking for to pair with my AGC bingo pack. I’d prefer it was integrated behind the bino compartment rather than suspended below.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

385 members (1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lesfox, 163bc, 12344mag, 37 invisible), 2,087 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,353
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.