24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
I grew up in the gun business and have family that still is. Kimber is not what it was. Tikka go for it. Especially if you are looking for a very light rifle.

BP-B6

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
If you want the rifle, make the drive...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sparetime
Nearest Sportsmans Warehouse is 175 miles away, would you make the drive for 4 ounces or I could have it shipped also, figure $30 for the shipping and $20 for the transfer at my local dealer, so $50 bucks.

Other than the weight, is there something I'm missing?

Sparetime, i don’t have a horse in this race so...

One thing no one has mentioned, that’s 175 mi BOTH ways. = 350 mi.

IF they don’t ship — consider that.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by jwall

laugh laugh

I am a Tikka fan/user but I 'pretty sure' I'm NOT guilty of that.

Jerry

Yes, as I recall, you are innocent smile.

Beside, My Tikka can kick your creed’s butt ! ! laugh laugh

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Orion2000
If you want the rifle, make the drive...

This is the correct answer

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

laugh laugh

I am a Tikka fan/user but I 'pretty sure' I'm NOT guilty of that.

Jerry

Yes, as I recall, you are innocent smile.

Beside, My Tikka can kick your creed’s butt ! ! laugh laugh

Jerry

Only for targets that are very very very close laugh laugh

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

laugh laugh

Well... just don't blame my TIKKA because of my OLD eyes. grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i personally like the fluted barrel AND the camo tikka stock. But,both of those two points are entirely subjective as i don't think the flutes reduce a whole lot of weight and im fairly certain that they don't inprove accuracy in any way, But, to me the flutes look cool and they will set your rifle apart from most tikka's. I like the older T3 models better and have been chasing down a particular model myself as the nearest sportsman warehouse is 3hrs aways from my house and they won't ship to my ffl. so, in saying all this YES make the road trip and buy the one you really want. i will eventually do the same. i keep hoping one will pop up on GB.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Sportsmans Warehouse will not ship to your FFL, I already asked.....I own 2 Sportsmans model Superlites and its a 3.5hr drive (one way) to My nearest Sportsmans Warehouse so Yes The drive is worth it to Me as I think the fluted barrels look much cooler and everybody wont have one, hell I dont even mind the drive too bad, I might drive back and get another Superlite in .223 Rem or .243 Win someday 🤗........Hb

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Sportsmans Warehouse will not ship to your FFL, I already asked.....I own 2 Sportsmans model Superlites and its a 3.5hr drive (one way) to My nearest Sportsmans Warehouse so Yes The drive is worth it to Me as I think the fluted barrels look much cooler and everybody wont have one, hell I dont even mind the drive too bad, I might drive back and get another Superlite in .223 Rem or .243 Win someday 🤗........Hb

Where in the &^#* do you live in Virginia? I think my drive to Roanoke is 1 1/2 hours.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think it is worth it. If you want the rifle you will quickly forget about the drive.

An 8 twist 223 is on my list.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I was looking for the black stock. i don't care for the camo stock or the additional $180 in cost.

Haven't decided on caliber yet, probably 7 mag, .270, 30-06, or .300 win mag. Yeah, I have some narrowing down to do (three others in elk camp shoot .300 win mag, so .300 wsm doesn't make a whole lot of sense). If Kimber, I'll probably go all in and do the .280ai just to be different. By the time I do that, buy the .280 dies and the .280ai dies and some brass, I'll be close to having two Tikka's. The current odd man out in camp shoots a .280, so I could use his in the .280ai and he'd be SOL with the brass. What are friends for?

I understand the limbsaver pad designed for the Tikka stock helps with felt recoil for less than $40 bucks. No brake wanted, so we'll see.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Awhile back my SIL picked up a used Tikka T3 Lite in 7mm Mag for a song. He put a good scope on it and we went to the range. He was trying some HSM ammo with the 168 Berger. That thing made a "bughole" 3 shot group! He killed a 5pt bull with I that Fall. Very LWT and easy handling. Now, in our group, another guy has one in 338 Federal. He has killed elk and muleys using the 185TSX factory loads. he has had all kind of trouble with his plastic magazine. I can't warm up to them just because of that...I don't rust any polymer mags but AR15 Thermolds, ha. They tell me that Tikka has aftermarket metal mags? I love Remingtons, but usually they need a lot of tweaking. So far, I haven't seen nor heard of a Tikka really needed it, right out of the box.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
Awhile back my SIL picked up a used Tikka T3 Lite in 7mm Mag for a song. He put a good scope on it and we went to the range. He was trying some HSM ammo with the 168 Berger. That thing made a "bughole" 3 shot group! He killed a 5pt bull with I that Fall. Very LWT and easy handling. Now, in our group, another guy has one in 338 Federal. He has killed elk and muleys using the 185TSX factory loads. he has had all kind of trouble with his plastic magazine. I can't warm up to them just because of that...I don't rust **[TRUST]** any polymer mags but AR15 Thermolds, ha. They tell me that Tikka has aftermarket metal mags? I love Remingtons, but usually they need a lot of tweaking. So far, I haven't seen nor heard of a Tikka really needed it, right out of the box.

I fixt that for ya.

I've had my Tikka T 3 Lite SS 270 W since 2003. SO FAR my magazine hasn't given me ANY trouble. I bought a 5 rd just for an xtra but have not used it.

Jerry

ps: Jim, I promise I'm not a troll, following you around. it just happened this way! smile

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No problem J! ha, I just spazzed out and didn't spell check. My SIL hasn't had any issues with his 7mag either...I wonder if it is common to the shorter mags? Anyhow, I am keeping my options open on acquiring one in 243 or similar. A fast twist 22-250 would be sweet too!

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Where in the &^#* do you live in Virginia? I think my drive to Roanoke is 1 1/2 hours.

From his location on his post it says "BSG Virginia". I'm guessing that would be Big Stone Gap, up near the Kentucky line. If that is the case, it would be about a 3.5 hour drive one way.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Do it!

Last edited by DollarShort; 01/11/18.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

From his location on his post it says "BSG Virginia". I'm guessing that would be Big Stone Gap, up near the Kentucky line. If that is the case, it would be about a 3.5 hour drive one way.

Long way's to go for a gunshop

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sparetime
I was looking for the black stock. i don't care for the camo stock or the additional $180 in cost.

Haven't decided on caliber yet, probably 7 mag, .270, 30-06, or .300 win mag. Yeah, I have some narrowing down to do (three others in elk camp shoot .300 win mag, so .300 wsm doesn't make a whole lot of sense). If Kimber, I'll probably go all in and do the .280ai just to be different. By the time I do that, buy the .280 dies and the .280ai dies and some brass, I'll be close to having two Tikka's. The current odd man out in camp shoots a .280, so I could use his in the .280ai and he'd be SOL with the brass. What are friends for?

I understand the limbsaver pad designed for the Tikka stock helps with felt recoil for less than $40 bucks. No brake wanted, so we'll see.

Don't be afraid to order online. You don't have to drive 175 miles to do it.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
whats with the fussk load up you tank and make the drive or have it shipped to you.

A True Leader knows the way, shows the way and goes the way.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
241 members (300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.