Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
All of mine are wood and metal.. The only plastic rifle I have is an ar.. Will try for pictures later.... Cool thread..

Molon Labe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to shoot wood and metal ones. But wood is so 20th century, so I upgraded to make it a classic, post Y2K.....

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Of all the .22s I owe (over 100).....I can only think of 2 rifles and five pistols/revolvers that aren’t blued steel and wood.....and 260Rem I didn’t know they made that many stainless/synthetic .22s😄.

PennDog

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PennDog
Of all the .22s I owe (over 100).....I can only think of 2 rifles and five pistols/revolvers that aren’t blued steel and wood.....and 260Rem I didn’t know they made that many stainless/synthetic .22s😄.

PennDog

The stainless rifles are all Marlin, Ruger, and Savage products.

The stainless handguns are all Rossi, Ruger, S&W, and Taurus products.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stag out-classes wood.....

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Stag out-classes wood.....

[Linked Image]

Truth^^^^^^^

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't look at me he started it.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
i have kind of a squirrel rifle fetish, which for me is mostly various bolt action sporters, of various make. Some are relatively inexpensive commonly found rifles, up though assorted Kimbers, Coopers, Anschutz, etc....have some stainless/synthetic guns too, which i do hunt with, but blue & wood is my first preference.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

============================================================

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by DollarShort
That looks just like mine!

There were more than 12 million sold, so I'm not that surprised. My coworker has one to match as well. There are variations though, in the action screws, the magazine capacity. Ect.

No, I mean that looks "just like" mine😂😂 with the long mag tube, and brown squirrel stock ....except the old scope and the sling.

I do have a 3/4" scope like that in a drawer somewhere. Well not just like that. But it's a little black scope. Except it's got some brass ring on the objective end with a couple of slots I guess to adjust the parallax, I don't know.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Man I wish photobucket still worked for me (too cheap to “upgrade”)!! Nice rifles and pistols/revolvers men!

FyrepowerX you weren’t kidding when you told me you liked to squirrel hunt and nice .22s😄! That’s quite a collection - one question where did you get that squirrel “carrier” - I like it. I used a 1949 custom Mauser mm410b this year for squirrel along with - Mauser 201 Deluxe with DST and a percussion .32 cal. (It’s close to a .22 😄) Didn’t get out as much as I wanted to though and the extended season here in PA has been too cold!!

PennDog

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Does this count??

[Linked Image]

If not... maybe this one....

[Linked Image]

Or this...

Eh. I can't find a picture. But I have a remington 514 that's pretty old.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only 22s I have are a Rem 581, a token 10-22 and a Very old but in excellent shape Win 75 for when I want to get serious about hitting what I'm aiming at.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's all I have. I like to look at my guns. Hate plastic.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory
That looks just like mine!

There were more than 12 million sold, so I'm not that surprised. My coworker has one to match as well. There are variations though, in the action screws, the magazine capacity. Ect.

No, I mean that looks "just like" mine😂😂 with the long mag tube, and brown squirrel stock ....except the old scope and the sling.

I do have a 3/4" scope like that in a drawer somewhere. Well not just like that. But it's a little black scope. Except it's got some brass ring on the objective end with a couple of slots I guess to adjust the parallax, I don't know.

More alike than you think, I changed that original scope for a 30mm.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thanks guys!. I knew I couldn't be the only retro 22 shooter out there. Just love looking at and shooting the quality of those guns. Field Grade, nice K-22 just picked one of those up made in 1948, Lots of good looking Single Six's and older bolt and lever guns too. Keep the pics coming. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
[Linked Image]

Nice Mossberg 346K. My first .22 was the Montgomery Ward version (M842) of this. Mine has no checkering and a birch stock. I later added a receiver sight and the OEM hooded aperture front sight. I still have it and just shot a squirrel with it last week. First time I shot it in years. I also have a wood (walnut) and metal 10/22 and Cooper 57M. My .22 benchrest sporter is wood (laminated maple) and metal, as is required by the rules. (The stock has to be made of wood and the grain needs to be visible for proof.)

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
[quote=PennDog
FyrepowerX you weren’t kidding when you told me you liked to squirrel hunt and nice .22s😄! That’s quite a collection - one question where did you get that squirrel “carrier” - I like it.
PennDog[/quote]

Eric..a few yeas ago my brother in law met a guy at a gunshow who was making paracord lanyards for duck calls, slings, etc.......the guy was also making a similar carrier for duck hunters, so he had the fellow make me up a squirrel carrier...very handy!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

FyrepowrX,

Great looking fiddleback on the CZ 452.

What is the rifle just under the CZ pic, the one with the nice fiddleback and fluted stainless barrel. It is very nice looking also, although I bet it cost a few dollars more than the CZ.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,599
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.