Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Do you display your arms or are they always locked in a safe? Maybe rotate one or two at a time out for display somehow???

I want to look at them and handle them, and find myself frustrated because they are in gun cases and I can't see what's where. Bought some tags, and some cards that I could tape to inserts for the barrels, but half my rifles are upside down, so barrel cards won't work, or as I said, some are in cases. Don't want anything on the stocks as that would ruin the finish.

How to find a certain gun....

LOL
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mine are/were in every corner of the house and leaning anywhere i could lean one. except for the nice ones that are in a glass front cabinet(16 of them). the wife finally blew a gasket when i jumped her for knocking over my 30-30G while she was vacuuming the living room. thats why i have been selling the last coupe weeks.
i tried to get her to let me build a sheriff's rack along one wall of the living room so i could sit and see them, but you can guess where that went!
the best i have come up with is the display cabinet with glass front. holds 16 rifles and up top behind an ammo shelf i have hooks for handguns. built it out of blue stained ponderosa pine and made one for the wife just like it for her Indian stuff. only way i got away with gun collection was to give her all the family Indian stuff.
i dream of a old time man cave but will never get one.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Standing in corners- bad! That's like standing one against the truck when you climb out. That's a guaranteed tip over. No worries of theft Tom?
I've got a Magnum Research 22 mag standing next to the fridge, not for display but for coyotes that would get my dog. But it's graphite barrel and rubber Hogue stock so no worry. blush

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/12/18.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
up here in canuck land locked up in a room or in safes all hand guns trigger locked,, no joy.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by norm99
up here in canuck land locked up in a room or in safes all hand guns trigger locked,, no joy.

norm

Assuming you mean by law. What if you take one out and set it down to go get a drink, and just then the gestapo shows up, gun unattended. Or what about when you've got one out for any reason, like reloading, or cleaning, or setting it out for tomorrows hunt?

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
is the front door locked.??
we can have a man cave full of guns laying around but you better have a good locking door ,if its open you should be in the house.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Here was my answer to the problem

http://www.pbase.com/loggah/the_vault

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The laws in Canada are deliberately vague to give police the opportunity to lay charges and let the judge sort it out. You may well win your case but remain stuck with a $10,000 plus legal bill. One Toronto man was away vacationing and thieves took 3 days to get into his vault and he was charged with improper storage. He had dual Canadian-USA citizenship so simply decided to never return to Canada. Demand a warrant before allowing the law to enter your home to inspect firearm storage.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine are stacked like cordwood in several safes. Am in the process of building a vault (inspired by Don's vault). Sometimes it takes me 20 minutes to find a particular rifle that I want to show someone or check features or photograph. In the meantime I get them out for collector gun shows so everyone so inclined can enjoy them. Here's a pic of my display at Ogden last weekend. David
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of you will recognize items I bought from you.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Don, perfect.

LOL
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Before I got my C&R rifles were laying on e every couch and table down stairs. Now they can inspect my C&R safe, so every thing is locked up.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Loggah

Yea, that's a mancaves mancave!
Have ya had to put on an addition yet? whistle

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Loggah

That's an amazing series of images. Thanks again for the tour. cool

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't do it after a break in and theft a few ears ago. The 99R I sold you survived that crime - thank god. I live on a corner lot and since then built a fence with a locking gate. Everything I own, which isn't much, stays locked up. Experience a break in and you will understand. I don't tolerate theft, thieves or anyone in possession of stolen property, especially firearms.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Iv been to Loggahs Vault, think the best of the Best, its Mind Blowing! and Dons not a bad guy either! grin

Last edited by saddlering; 01/13/18.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That's a great couple of rifles You got yourself for Christmas David..., I like Your idea of "on display", everyone gets to enjoy them!!

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Standing in corners- bad! That's like standing one against the truck when you climb out. That's a guaranteed tip over. No worries of theft Tom?
I've got a Magnum Research 22 mag standing next to the fridge, not for display but for coyotes that would get my dog. But it's graphite barrel and rubber Hogue stock so no worry. blush

If they can find my house, get past the dogs, get into the house, survive a mag of 45 acp or two, my wife would thank them for helping clean up my junk! grin
seriously though i am home most of the time and its a long ways to get to my place. i do worry about it and that is why i am selling/trading off the eclectic part of my pile. the savages go in the gunroom. grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

Fireball2 I have one of these early gun safe for my 99’s which holds 42 rifles and on top quiet a few handguns.
Here is the sight. www.pendletonsafes.com They are not cheap.
George

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I don’t know why it says s99 which it’s not me on the last post. I’m 300Savage303.
George

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

197 members (30Gibbs, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 29 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.