Campfire Outfitter
Well worth your time..

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I just saw this last night.Main char (played by Renner) is a reloader :-)

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I liked it so much I DVR'd it and asked my wife to watch it. She agreed it was a good movie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best movie I’ve seen in awhile.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Taylor Sheridan directed this film, and also directed Hell or High Water which starred Jeff Bridges,

Taylor was also the writer for Sicario which starred Benicio del Toro and Josh Brolin.

Likely the 3 best movies I've seen in the last several years. You need to watch all 3 if you haven't already.

Call me a fan of Sheridan.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kenneth, a slight correction. David Mackenzie directed Hell or High Water, although Taylor Sheridan wrote the screenplay.

Here is the IMDB link to Taylor Sheridan's bio and credits.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0792263/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_1

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I will go against the popular grain here and say it is a pathetic movie. An east coast writer messaged me and asked me to watch it and give her my opinion. I was very disappointed, though Renner did a passable job. Too many inconsistencies and inaccuracies. Too much political correctness. Of course, the bad guys are white veterans who work for an oil company. And no such security team even exists. Having a security crew on an oil patch in the winter when there is no operation in progress? And at the end, Renner would have been in jail, not in the hospital room flirting. Also, government trappers are USDA Animal Damage Control, not USFWS, though I can give it some leeway there. I don't remember the movie that well now but I wrote her a list of things that were simply absurd.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtrancher
I will go against the popular grain here and say it is a pathetic movie. An east coast writer messaged me and asked me to watch it and give her my opinion. I was very disappointed, though Renner did a passable job. Too many inconsistencies and inaccuracies. Too much political correctness. Of course, the bad guys are white veterans who work for an oil company. And no such security team even exists. Having a security crew on an oil patch in the winter when there is no operation in progress? And at the end, Renner would have been in jail, not in the hospital room flirting. Also, government trappers are USDA Animal Damage Control, not USFWS, though I can give it some leeway there. I don't remember the movie that well now but I wrote her a list of things that were simply absurd.

Were you expecting a documentary?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
i like the movie it was entertaining and I am very close to a reservation and some of the stuff is true how women are treated on the reservation,yes there was a lot of errors ,oil whiteman thing was wrong. but I did liked how the trapper wack those guys with his 45-70 marlin guide gun he handloaded ammo for,that was just a big WOW when that gun fight started ,I did not expect that to happen. the other part with the mnt. lions in the den hiding were those skeletons in the snow kinda look like human remains was there kinda a another thought maybe it has been happening more in the past the cats have been feeding on dead humans ? females ? and the reason these cats killed the cow down below its been while since these human- killers have killed someone ? remember anything can happen in the movies even john wayne had 6 shot revolvers that sometimes shot like a long range rifle and could shot 10 or more shots.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I bought a Marlin after watching...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
On Netflix currently, just an FYI.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I just watched it on Netflix. not bad, not great, not bad.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yea,I Found It Myself, Last Night.. Like Yours Self Thought It To Be Just OK..

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I liked it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I watched it twice.

NRA Life Member
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
I just watched it on Netflix. not bad, not great, not bad.

This ^^^^

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Watched it last night - a Hell of a lot better than most of the movies that I have seen lately. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good cowboy movie. Good camera work, good acting, a good story line, and some really good dialogue, i.e. "...Luck doesn't live here. Luck lives in the city. Wolves don't eat the unlucky deer, they eat the weakest deer..."

There are things to criticize in any movie but this is better than most.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Watched it this weekend and thought it was good. Some inconsistencies and stuff were far fetched like a 5 person security crew for a shut in well, but overall it was alot better than just about anything else that's came out of hollywood in a while.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.