Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Well...one of his knives anyway.

About a year and a half ago, Tim put together one of his drop point patterns for me. He left the handle extra wide for my big mitts and upon receiving it, I went about using it for dang near everything I could. I posted a few pics of it in this post from another thread:

Originally Posted by War_Eagle
This was the first custom knife I ever purchased and it was made by our own Tim Olt (michiganroadkill).

3.5" drop point and a handle about 4.5" long...that's probably the most important part for me and my big mitts. He was gracious to accommodate and the handle measures right at 1.125" at its widest point. Fits me wonderfully. Scales are ironwood with black liners and the blade is A2 ground to 0.16" thick IIRC.

I have used this for all types of tasks. It has cut vegetables, sliced steaks, butchered deer, cut feather sticks and kindling while camping, heck, I even used a baton and hammered it transversely through a 2" diameter oak limb once just to show off to a friend...and the icing on the cake was that it still shaved immediately after.

I haven't had my phone most times I was using it so not a lot off pics. Today I took the pooch for a little hike and figured I would snap a few photos.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Taking what I learned from using that knife, I asked Tim to grind another blade for me with a handle that better fit my hand. I traced out a pattern as best I thought would work and sent it to him. The middle of this past October I got a package in the mail and this was the knife he sent me.

The blade is right at 3.75" from the front of the scales to the tip.
0.150" thick CPM154.
The handle ended up being about 5" long...and beefy.
Ironwood scales, orange liners and SS Corby bolts.

This past weekend, I finally managed to get away and make it into the woods. After waiting two days for something with decent head gear to walk out, my desire for meat in the freezer won out over my desire for antlers and I took a little meat buck. Perfect fare to put the new knife to use.

As expected, Tim's products make quick work of game processing. This "Big Hunter" was no exception and coupled with one of his B&T knives, the pair quickly broke the animal down for the trip home. Just wanted to share a little more of Tim's great work with the group.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The B&T is made in the same theme, stainless (S30V), Ironwood scales, orange liners, and SS Corby bolts. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of it in action but will try to get some soon.

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Schweet blade, I got big hands too so most of my handles are at 5" and beefy. Enjoy that venison!

SD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tim is a great knife maker to work with. I too have XXXL hands, and Tim has succeeded time after time in building me a perfect fitting knife.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve yet to own one of Tim’s knives. Plan is in the works to correct that. Tim is doing a Sharpfinger reproduction for me.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Sure like the look of your Tim Olt knife. Can you post a link to his website? Thanks.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No website.
Best to start with a pm here.
Thanks
Tim
Some pics here if PB lets you look.
http://s114.photobucket.com/user/tolt29/library/?sort=3&page=1

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by woodson
I’ve yet to own one of Tim’s knives. Plan is in the works to correct that. Tim is doing a Sharpfinger reproduction for me.

His knives are fantastic

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by VinceM
His knives are fantastic

Absolutely

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
mighty fine!

Tim does quality stuff!

ask me how I know!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I had three from Tim and my low life knife whoring brothers walked off with two of them. Gonna have to re-order.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1eyedmule, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,557
Posts18,453,672
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.