-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have some amount of records kept on the "RT" in a spreadsheet... I'll be honest, not my #1 priority even back a few years ago and I've not record much in years but that said... adding this one to my spreadsheet bring me up to a total of 30 and of that 9 were 30-30 so not a rare combo as it comes to 99s for me.

I have fields for a great deal of details in my spreadsheet but very limited actual data recorded... most were stamped on the front of the receiver with a 5 but all others that I have recorded otherwise were marked EG and are seen early and late in the serial range of the RT which from my record is 422xxx to 445,7xx

Cheers

Andrew
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lovemy99
I have some amount of records kept on the "RT" in a spreadsheet... I'll be honest, not my #1 priority even back a few years ago and I've not record much in years but that said... adding this one to my spreadsheet bring me up to a total of 30 and of that 9 were 30-30 so not a rare combo as it comes to 99s for me.

I have fields for a great deal of details in my spreadsheet but very limited actual data recorded... most were stamped on the front of the receiver with a 5 but all others that I have recorded otherwise were marked EG and are seen early and late in the serial range of the RT which from my record is 422xxx to 445,7xx

Cheers

That's interesting that some rec'r stamps were EG.
My Utica 99EG's (370xxx-390xxx) are stamped EG on the rec'r as well. Don't have anything in the 400xxx's.
I hope lovemy99 and Rick99 share spread sheets. smile
This "RT" sure sounds like the Redheaded stepchild of the Savage family.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage

Cheers

My Utica 99EG's (370xxx-390xxx) are stamped EG on the rec'r as well. Don't have anything in the 400xxx's.

There were only 2 models immediately after WW2 that show up in ads and price lists afaik - the EG and the R. The 1930's 99R was never stamped with an R on the front of the receiver, it was always a number (8 usually, though 5 does sound familiar). The 1930's 99T always had a T on the front. EG always had an EG.

So, yes, the "RT"s having a number most of the time, and an EG the rest of the time, is just one part of what makes it confusing.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Cheers

There were only 2 models immediately after WW2 that show up in ads and price lists afaik - the EG and the R. The 1930's 99R was never stamped with an R on the front of the receiver, it was always a number (8 usually, though 5 does sound familiar). The 1930's 99T always had a T on the front. EG always had an EG.

So, yes, the "RT"s having a number most of the time, and an EG the rest of the time, is just one part of what makes it confusing.

Thanks Rory.
I don't think of it as "confusing", more like "inconclusive", which is fine.
Some day the "RT" will be better understood. Meanwhile, it is a pretty nice rifle.

Regarding the confusion factor. Meh, 100 years of production is done. There are ~ 3 dozen models, variants, special rifles, etc. Anyone with the need to know needs a book. No different than figuring out which Remington 870 you have. Just the way it is.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Now I want to open mine up and see what the receiver stamp is. Unless someone did it at the 2014 fest in Mercer? Rick or Rory?

Brian

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by docost99
Now I want to open mine up and see what the receiver stamp is. Unless someone did it at the 2014 fest in Mercer? Rick or Rory?

Data data data. We want data.
When ya get a chance. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Cheers

Yes, I have extensive records on the prewar Rs and they are marked with an 8 but the during/post war "Rs" or "RTs" are not that clear from my data but a section of them are clearly marked with a 5 on the front of the receiver. From 4317xx to 4324xx several have a 5... there are MANY members here that could help expand that data set by letting me know what there receivers are stamped with.

I records of "RTs" marked as EGs at 403,5XX and as late as 4476xx. The early gun is owned by Loggah and the later gun I owned and sold to a member here so I am confident in these data points.

Cheers

Andrew
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Drew are you looking only for pre-war R data?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take data on prewar Rs and RSs and "RTs"... not interested in data on postwar Rs in standard configurations.

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have one R I got from a member here, you may already have it, I'll check the # and PM.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by docost99

Well Brian, what da ya got? A "RT" or an "EGT"?? grin

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

262 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,283 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,468
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.