Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunReader
I think those impairment tests are a crock of [bleep].

I've had most of the tendons ripped off the outside of both ankles and my knees are as floppy as a slinky. On a flat floor in good shoes or outdoors with high-top boots laced tightly I can walk all day, but I could not balance on one foot for any length of time or walk a straight line heel to toe on the side of a road.

Estimate time? That is also ridiculous. Ever try to snipe an e-bay auction? Your perception of the passage of time will never match the clock ticking away on screen.

Focus your eyes? My left eye is superfluous until my most recent bleeder reabsorbs.

The >only< thing that should justify suspicion of DWI is dashcam evidence.

But as to whether black lives matter: It depends.

In general, the tests are very accurate. Let me qualify that a little. I spent 20 years working for the Coast Guard and conducted quite a few BUI tests in those days. We would issue a comprehensive battery of physical tests followed by an Alco-Sensor test. Each time I would finish the physical battery I would turn to my partner and guess their BAC. In most cases I was within about .02. Off the top of my head there were two times I recall being way off. On man was old and a diabetic. Between his age and his diabetic condition he was in fact impaired but not intoxicated. Another younger guy seemed borderline intoxicated. I reckoned he'd be close, but he was over .20.

Before administering the physical test we'd ask if they were under the care of a doctor, were sick or had any injuries. In your case if you told me you had ripped tendons, I'd skip the balance test and the straight line walk.

BP-B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Why’s everybody always pickin on me??

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Anyone that takes a field sobriety test is an idiot.

You are absolutely right. I haven't had a drink of alcohol in 18 months and couldn't pass, and if you are drinking you best say only "here is my license" and "no, I am not making any statement or taking any test," Don't hand someone a rope to hang you with.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That whole thing was BS by the officers. The expired license is a bureaucratic, paperwork thing, If the vehicle wasn't reported stolen - minor problem. Many have misplaced their insurance cards - later to produce them, and be exonerated.
I can pass any part of the standard DWI field test - except the one-leg thing. 65 years old, broken knee-cap @ 17, multiple horse and cow and vehicle wrecks, sprained ankles (several times), broken heel, 9 of 10 toes broken (some multiple times). From the waist down - I'm just glad to be able to do what I do - but can't include acrobatics or ballet!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's no doubt that there are Blacks stopped by the cops simply because they are Black. There is also no doubt that there are good looking White girls stopped because they are good looking White girls. Same way with a lot of other situations......out of state car tag, young driver, big fancy car, old junky car, and the list could go on.

Cop told me this......he said that just about anytime he stopped a Black driver, he would find something to charge them with.......drug possessions, weapons violation, outstanding warrant, no insurance, expired tags, no drivers license. He said it was amazing how stupid some of them could be, just openly flaunting the law by driving around like that.

Last edited by JamesJr; 01/19/18.
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Their lives don’t matter much to them as much as they kill each other. Should it matter to us?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Anyone that takes a field sobriety test is an idiot.

I dunno. In Iowa if you don't and then test positive at the station the penalties are much worse.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
do they still use horizontal gaze nystagmus as a test?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If they can pick cotton....it matters!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by JamesJr
There's no doubt that there are Blacks stopped by the cops simply because they are Black. There is also no doubt that there are good looking White girls stopped because they are good looking White girls. Same way with a lot of other situations......out of state car tag, young driver, big fancy car, old junky car, and the list could go on.

Cop told me this......he said that just about anytime he stopped a Black driver, he would find something to charge them with.......drug possessions, weapons violation, outstanding warrant, no insurance, expired tags, no drivers license. He said it was amazing how stupid some of them could be, just openly flaunting the law by driving around like that.

They don't take responsibility for their kids.............they think nothing else is their responsibility.

Guy at work got popped last week (made the paper).
So I typed him into online background check.........

Multiple DUI and drug stuff, proly a felon just from DUI. Stereotypical. Evictions and bad checks too.

Their culture sucks.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/20/18.
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Drive like a dumbass, get pulled over.
Just because most blacks straddle the centerline, don't signal for turns or run stop lights/signs..........

Had some biatch blow a red HUGE two days ago, saw it coming and waited...........proly came out of the college down the street..............
It was red when she was way back.

Wasn't texting, or on phone.................queenie had big hoop earings.
Proly no insurance too.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/20/18.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
643 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.