Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DollarShort
If you had to toss out all cartridges except a single rimfire cartridge for use as a rugged dependable survival tool in the wilds of Alaska, the .22 Mag would be my choice. In my summation, as far as the ability to reliably penetrate and transfer the most energy to vitals or cns of animals both small and large, the 22 Mags fast sturdy heavy bullets would get the juices flowing better than all the others.

Somebody should make an all stainless 597 in the 22 Mag, as I think this autoloading junker could be quite a good survival choice if a double or triple or octuple tap was required.

The 24HourCampfire strikes again!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Wut.....
Did I vary off topic

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Higbean
The 24HourCampfire strikes again!

hey man, its always 5 oclock, or 4:20 oclock, or both, somewhere!

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Can we please get back to talking about the 6.5 Creedmore?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KchuntShoot,

Though admittedly as GREAT as I am,not even I...can gun wares until they are invented. Hint. Laughing!

Only in DUMB Fhuqk Land are all wares "equal" and you are a VERY "lucky" kchunt to yield enough Imagination and Pretend,to conjure Delusions of same. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

You'll just haveta' pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

Slow day here,having to unwrap mail and sort wares out. I ordered a FAKE McMillan(GB Terrain from RHR,in Woodland M5 S/A),exactly 10yrs ago and it just arrived! "Unfortunately",I've only 50+ REAL ones to extrapolate,with that decade of "wait". Laughing!

RHR is tough to whoop,for immediate satisfaction and delivery for under 8 Clams...do not suck. Google it. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Ergo's are exceptional and follow the blueprint(s) I've etched.

[Linked Image]

Fit/finish might trouble them,who "do" as "much" as you,but I'll simply put dents,bruises and scritches in it. Hint. laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It was a looonnnggggggggggg decade wait for PT&G Battle Whore M5 Stealth DBM's and I only got a "few"(give or take). The FAKE McMillan inlet agreed with same,if only because I tossed several into the saddle. Hint. Google it. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I hear through The Grapevine,that the 'lug inlet happens to be "forgiving". A James' lug floats in the mortise and a dab,will secure same...so it is spot on.Google it. laughing!

[Linked Image]

'Course,I'm still sortin' parcels ripe with boolits,brass,die componetry and the like,amongst a host of scopes,bases,rings,etc. "Luckily",you "get" to read about it. Hint. Laughing!

Have a couple few/thousandty .284" 180 ELD's to moly,along with .243" 105 'Max and .224" Zombie 50's. Then there's alotta Maruto hooks that need tied and a crummy that needs stoked. You be sure to hover on my every word,gawk every Splendid Pixel and tell yourself that "you could too".

It's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

NoDollars,

I'd like to thank you for your daring tales of Alaska. Them 597's have no equal.

You poor...poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk.

Bless your heart.

WOW+P+!

Laughing!.................

'bean,

I've only got (4) Kreedmires. Half of 'em in .243",the balance in.264"...though only 25% of 'em are OEM,instead of Custom,if'n a Fieldcraft "counts".(grin)

It'll be a Vudoo morning.

Film at 11:00...........................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I knew you'd come around there. That 597 is a fine machine indeed...in the 22 Mag that is.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Big stick, How are the 17 wsm uppers, jard/Franklin, compared side by side? I didn't even realize jard made one until this thread, I was really hoping to see an rar of this caliber this year but I'm beginning to think any production rifle besides the bmag and m77 are out the window at this point. Possibly not, but it's not looking good. Crow and pigeon shooting are about the only things I ever break the 17 out for anymore anyway. I usually tote a 22 mag in the woods, shots rarely ever exceed 100 yards, but you don't get the "poof" factor on small critters with a mag that you do with a 17.

Last edited by Rockhound; 02/03/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'hound,

I'm not a Piston Guy and as a rule,am a fan of less reciprocating mass. The Franklin is piston driven...the Jard is straight blowback.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ran nearly 600 MILS through the erector here,to test 100yd RTZ(holding the reticle .5MIL low on the "0" at bottom of bold circle. 29.1 Mils on the erector,grants a fair amount of opportunity.(grin)

[Linked Image]

17cal holes are deceivin'.

[Linked Image]

On the average,the JARD will out-Agg. the FrankenFhuqker,but it's nice to not fret something cookin' off,outta battery and lockin' lugs are never not soothin',when dealing with chamber pressures of the ilk.(grin) The choice is your's.

The Salvage B-Mags are EPIC pieces of fhuqking schit and as per their always,the 77 Rimfire Platforms are Skookum. Chop a 77/17 Whizzum to 20" and you got sumptin'.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My Hummers wear a 125yd zero and I'm at ease with a 200yd Krunchenticker 17 Whizzum zero,due both the velocity increase and sight height increase. Throw Beaver Dope in the ocular and one can thread needles,both near and far. Zero'd halfa Mil high at the 100yd line,reaps a 200yd zero and 300yds is but a (1) Mil correction...which don't seem very Rimfire-ish.(grin) KILLER platform,literally.

The 77-platforms perpetual bane,being both ring spacing and inclination...it is what it is and I don't Weigatinny. Hint.(grin)

Oh PS and by the way,Rem 597's suck ass too.

Laughing!....................

I reckon it only fair to add,that this where a guys wants to be,with a new platform. 'Nother 54 Annie 22LR,wearing Bob 25MOA extended 1913 rail,40MOA Horn's,10x MQ and a freshly confirmed 50yd zero...as of less than an hour ago. Hint.

38 Mils On Erector...For 48 Mils Total RINK

Even in today's tough weather,that's the 700yd line with Camp Run Bulker Federal AE's.

Just saying........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Thanks for the info

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Nice looking Vudoo Stick,I watched some of your videos shooting it.Love shooting rimfire into different zip code.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Vudoo continues to IMPRESS and has proven itself,to fend both Hard Use and Weather...neither trait being a bad thang. Hadn't shot paper with it in 6 or 7 bricks and could clean my 2" - 1/4" KYL at 50yds,when set against a backdrop with some contrast. It's glass(6x MQ) has had 1000's of erector solutions dumped into it and there's nothing to wish for.

Long Range Rimfire is never not a RIOT. Nabbed a Mike Garrow 17 Hummer not long ago and am thinking very highly of it. Dropped some spring rate in the buffer and it hasn't missed a lick and I shoot THE fhuqk outta it. Just like the Franklin,it operates from a locked bolt and kinda/sorta goes Teutonic with ball bearing roller lockers,which recess into hardened steel races(replaceable). Novel concept and rather sound,in both Theory and Application...with no way to cook off sumptin' outta battery. Such things are soothin'.(grin)

The gas system is cute!

[Linked Image]

Had to let the supplied Hogue FF tube go,in favor of better.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A CMC fire control system provides reliable ignition and it is a GAS. Pun be intended. The A2 handle,plays nice on the platform.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Always nice to chop an Annie 54 back,to where they need to be.

[Linked Image]

Prolly grab a Tikka Hummer next,just to see how fast it gets ruint.................................

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Well, after shooting this thing a whole bunch, it was a helluva good move.

Ran 300+ through it today without even a bobble.

Might just be the funnest rifle ever.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The next batcha' Vudoo's should arrive next pass(hopefully). Looking forward to gunning the HEAVY Version,for Giggles. Coupla guys on the crew and I,ordered on the same day,after having Paul on the horn. All of the Heavies(Kukri contours at 18") are going 30MOA Paul Rail and 40MOA 'Horn's,with 10x MQ's. The mediums (18" Specters),will wear like mount/rings,but mate 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqkers for Utility.

The Old Glory Vudoo handle arrived and it's rather Skookum. Am thinking I'll toss The Heavy Bitch in a Terrain,though a Renegade too,is laying in wait.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Vudoo 'Glory fits nicely,with wares of the ilk.

[Linked Image]

Hopefully I can catch some light,while Dredging Chrome and do 'Glory some justice,with the Splendid Pixels. Am thinking it'll prolly pan out.(grin)

Long Range Rimfire fhuqks with heads,especially Window Licking pointy ones.

FUNNY schit!

Laughing!...........................

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Long Range Rimfire fhuqks with heads,especially Window Licking pointy ones.

Hammering steel at 500+ yards from a lowly .22lr isn't something I'd have believed myself until I did it.

Most guys reading that sentence are thinking I'm talking about a 20" plate and $25 Eley, which isn't the case.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shooting Clay Pigeons at the 500yd line with a Sporty Vudoo and 6x Fixed Fhuqker,will raise eyebrows...and sell a few rifles.(grin) Tough to do in a hurricane though.

With my current Lot of favored Vudoo Fodder,every (1) MPH of wind is a 9.5" shift in windage,so you gotta be able to call wind to within .5MPH,to stay in the berries. Add Real World shifts in atmospherics and it'll keep a guy on his toes. Chasing sub MOA targets at Halfa Thousand with a 6x Fixed Fhuqker,do ASSUREDLY sell merchandise. Seen it.(grin) Only grabbed 20,000rds of that Lot,so am limping along,as it'll go fast.

[Linked Image]

Went Retrostalgic yesterday and nabbed a Smith' '41 5.5" Heavy,because I thought it would make a nice Vudoo peecture companion for Chrome. Thinkin' I'll send it and The OLD School Marvel to Metalife,to work their Magic,in matching finishes(Nickel). HOPING the '41 will hang with The SNEAKY Marvel Unit One OLD School Bitch...but them Marvels just flat fhuqking SHOOT. Funny to whoop 'er out and put it on Lippy Window Licking Clueless Fhuqks. The Donor is better than a Hunnert years old and I almost nearly didn't toss a Wilson beavertail in the Old Gal,for that reason alone. I get by with a pistole.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'm fair to middlin' on mags,as 41's eat outta the same trough as the 422's and 2206TGT.

[Linked Image]

Thinkin' I'll hold pat on the purty one. Poked a 12x Reupold on it for a while,to see if it'd hand with the Ransom 50yd Test target...and it sure as the fhuqk did.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Never had a Rimfire,prior to this thread.

Laughing!............................

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Stick,

The Diamond on the Vudoo is so incredibly close to the 54 I am amazed, and I think you would be as well.

You need to see WTF.

FYI

Higgins

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I’m far from the authority of triggers, but have pulled on almost all annie triggers, if not all of em, and a fair amount of other .22 target triggers- the 2-6oz shilen is dammed nice. Especially for $120

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Nice pics.........

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by robertham1
I’m far from the authority of triggers, but have pulled on almost all annie triggers, if not all of em, and a fair amount of other .22 target triggers- the 2-6oz shilen is dammed nice. Especially for $120

Was thinking it was discontinued recently.

The upgrade from Vudoo was cheap compared to retail.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What did the upgrade through vudoo cost?

If I knew then, what I know now, I’d have had them install it from the factory.

Don’t know about them being discontinued, got mine on sale through SWFA.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (222ND, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.