-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I recently put in an order with MTP, when the boxes showed up I realized that a few items were missing due to the boxes getting beat up. A quick email and new replacements are on the way. Best customer service in the business, I only order through them.

Got another dozen 120's and a half dozen belisle 160's.

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I made a recent order with PCS.

Not really knowing the difference between companies.

Had good luck so far.....but will keep MTP in mind.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have noticed that nearly all the trapping supply houses have great customer service. I buy most of my stuff from FNT.

No task is half-a$$ed more than the spelling of Creedmoor...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use R-P. They are local and have great service.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hendricks
I have noticed that nearly all the trapping supply houses have great customer service. I buy most of my stuff from FNT.

If you're talking about F&T so do I.....as posted above....they're all pretty good though...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I used MTP back in my trapping days. Great people and family. I keep thinking about getting back into it, but fur prices keep holding me back.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I got the box today that they sent me, 2 spools of wire and some push pins.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It does seem that spools of wire beat the crap out of their packaging pretty often! MTP is my go to these days and always have used them more than others. I have some of their 650's on the way to see if they are in the same league as the Sterling 600 which is a great wolverine trap and will hold a wolf as well! Jim
[Linked Image]

I tend to use more than enough gun
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well done! Beautiful wolf!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Placed another order with F&T today. Good crew to deal with, although after seeing the posts I forgot to also order push pins. Beaver dam it!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by waterrat
It does seem that spools of wire beat the crap out of their packaging pretty often! MTP is my go to these days and always have used them more than others. I have some of their 650's on the way to see if they are in the same league as the Sterling 600 which is a great wolverine trap and will hold a wolf as well! Jim
[Linked Image]

The boys in Bethel liked the 650's for wolverines wink

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
PCS outdoors did not send my whole order the other day.

Forgot to pack some 160's, and some Lennon's weasel and some coyote nature call.

No problem at all. They sent the rest right away.

Only problem was that the bloody Fed Ex did not feel like opening the gate so they left the package sitting in the snow bank instead of delivering it to my house.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Over the years I have made many dozens of orders, probably from about a dozen supply houses, maybe more.
MTP is definitely by go to and has been for the last 8 years. I have made a couple dozen orders from them and they have never made a single mistake in any of them.

F&T used to be my go to. But I found when you get your order you better take the packing slip and go through it with a fine tooth comb. They make a lot of mistakes, and not a single one was ever in my favor. Usually they would make it right without a problem...but why so many mistakes? I was spending thousands of $$ with them. The wheels came off for me when they didn't ship some sale items. They put a note in and said they were out. Had similar items didn't call and see if I wanted to buy or whatever, just shipped without...it was right before the season I was getting ready to put out a long line out and I was ordering need-to-haves, not nice-to-haves. I go to the website and the items are still listed in stock. I sent them an email telling them to get their act together and Shawn Inglis takes time out of his busy day to call me and put me on blast. Well, I went through a quick history of problems I've over looked in the past and it was like he got castrated. Was about wimpering complaining how hard it is to find good help and stay competitive, etc etc. That was it for me. Most mistakes I ever found it one order was 4-5. Stupidest mistake is a toss up between when they packed the wrong trap, and then resent the wrong trap, or when they packed an order of wax in the same box with a bunch of skunk based lures....completely retarded. I can't sugar coat it, they flat out suck. If you pay close attention on T-man you will see there plenty others with experience like mine, but the threads always go poof since F&T is a sponsor.

There other good places besides MTP, but they have just about everything and bust their chops to get it right.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FishinHank

Got another dozen 120's and a half dozen belisle 160's.

Those Belisle body grips are outstanding in strength and design. Even the safety 'hooks' alone make them money well spent.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Just put in a big (for me) order with MTP.

Going to give them a try.

Among other things....I have 12 no.3 offset dogless bridgers coming.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by waterrat
[Linked Image]

Very nice pic...gonna have to confess my envy. Lol

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,588 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,887
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.