-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
For MtRancher and all reading this. Don't ever say ol' Leanwolf never did you a favor. I'm going to save you some money.

My wife and I just watched one of the worst movies either of us has seen ... and believe me, we have seen a tremendous amount of movies over the years.

The Shape Of Water.

It is the worst plot and so profoundly unbelievable that if we'd seen it at a theater, we'd have demanded our money back. In fact, if we'd been at a theater, it was so bad I think I'd have pulled out my .45 L.W. Commander and demanded EVERYONE'S money back.

See, boys, I just saved you ticket, popcorn, Cokes, and candy bars money.

Thank me later. wink

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Worst movie I ever saw in a theater, was Day After Tommorow. (Michael Moore film), and I did demand my money back. Worst piece of Greenpeace propaganda I have ever seen, and the science behind the plot, was beyond ludicrous. Only one good scene in the entire movie.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks, Leanwolf. I appreciate warnings like this. Because I am feeding cattle in a hard winter I am in my trucks a lot, and I try to make good use of the time by listening to college-level teaching series from Great Courses. I was listening to a western historian last week, about 12 hours worth at least, and I about applauded when he mentioned he did not care for Dances with Wolves. I had a writer friend from New York City who induced me to watch a Jeremy Renner film a couple months ago. He played a government trapper investigating the murder of a native girl. Terrible movie for many reasons. I really dislike Jeremiah Johnson and The Horse Whisperer. I'm enough of a historian to know Jeremiah Johnson did not look and act like Robert Redford, and I'm enough of a horseman to know The Horse Whisperer was a silly film about adultery, and again, I know a number of true horse clinicians, three or four among the best in the world, and none of them look or act like Redford. So, keep those warnings coming!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Oh, I should not forget that dreadful Liam Neesom (did I spell that right? it's been a long, cold day) with the wolves! Total silliness and not even good CGFX.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mtrancher
Oh, I should not forget that dreadful Liam Neesom (did I spell that right? it's been a long, cold day) with the wolves! Total silliness and not even good CGFX.

that was horrible along with the cgi

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the head's up!

Originally Posted by kellory
Worst movie I ever saw in a theater, was Day After Tommorow. (Michael Moore film), and I did demand my money back. Worst piece of Greenpeace propaganda I have ever seen, and the science behind the plot, was beyond ludicrous. Only one good scene in the entire movie.

You paid money to see a Michael Moore film? What are you, a converted Liberal? Maybe you were getting to know your enemy. Please explain.<grin>

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smokinggun
Thanks for the head's up!

Originally Posted by kellory

You paid money to see a Michael Moore film? What are you, a converted Liberal? Maybe you were getting to know your enemy. Please explain.<grin>

Alright kellory, my bad. I'm embarrassed to say I have watched that same movie with my wife and never even knew it was a Michael Moore film. You are spot on with your assessment of it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtrancher
Thanks, Leanwolf. I appreciate warnings like this. Because I am feeding cattle in a hard winter I am in my trucks a lot, and I try to make good use of the time by listening to college-level teaching series from Great Courses. I was listening to a western historian last week, about 12 hours worth at least, and I about applauded when he mentioned he did not care for Dances with Wolves. I had a writer friend from New York City who induced me to watch a Jeremy Renner film a couple months ago. He played a government trapper investigating the murder of a native girl. Terrible movie for many reasons. I really dislike Jeremiah Johnson and The Horse Whisperer. I'm enough of a historian to know Jeremiah Johnson did not look and act like Robert Redford, and I'm enough of a horseman to know The Horse Whisperer was a silly film about adultery, and again, I know a number of true horse clinicians, three or four among the best in the world, and none of them look or act like Redford. So, keep those warnings coming!

Yeah, I didn't care much for Dances With Wolves. Way too politically correct for me plus being somewhat preposterous in places. As for Redford in Jeremiah Johnson, knowing a bit about the real "John Jeremiah Garrison Johnston," I didn't believe Redford's character, nor some of the episodes in the flick. I'm not a Redford fan for several reasons. I never got around to seeing him in The Horse Whisperer so probably didn't miss too much.

I believe that movie you referenced with Jeremy Renner was Wind River. I've not seen it yet. The script was written and directed by Taylor Sheridan, who wrote the screenplays for Sicario and Hell Or High Water. Wind River was his first directing job, Sometimes the transition from writer to director is not an easy task.

With your knowledge of horses, ranching, and the West, I doubt it would be too easy to slip something by you in those fields. wink

Best regards.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had put that Liam Neeson movie out of my head and have to agree with comments above. The scene where the alpha challenges him is not exactly wolf-like. Probably a better fit for including in the Twilight series.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 49 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,606
Posts18,454,857
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.