Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
As goofy as the politicians are in the US, they can't hold a candle to the Canadian counterparts. Consider Justin Trudeau?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My older brother and I are going up to Ontario in late June. First time in Ontario for me since I was an 8 yr old. The passport costs were ridiculous but I found that we could get by with a Passport Card for a lot less. I spent $17 for a birth certificate, $7.50 for a photo, $30 for the Feds and $25 for the issuing Agency. Just under $80. Considering the cost of a conservation license and the catch and release fever generating from "emotion science", I would venture a guess that the mortality rate will generate about the same loss of resources as a better creel count would. They would be better off going barbless and let the big spenders enjoy a few more fish dinners. I figure the best way for me to get around this is to create something called "shore breakfast". This could move "shore lunch" to a different time slot and it may also institute the creation of "shore supper". With all of those options at my disposal, I could gain about 10 lbs. in a weeks stay. I plan to

A PHD Won't help you if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Check the management area you will be fishing in. The regulations may be different.

And, I am not a good enough liar to look a game warden in the eye, and not tell him how many fish I caught that day.

Enjoy your trip, and wear a PFD on the water!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
There is something else to consider on the money angle.
If a state charges a fee for a fishing or hunting liscense that money goes into a fund to propagate game and fish and enforcement of game and fish laws.
Not so in Ontario! Game and fish liscense money goes into the general fund and is spent wisely and judiciously by the provincial legislature on matters far more important than game and fish.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by fink65
My older brother and I are going up to Ontario in late June. First time in Ontario for me since I was an 8 yr old. The passport costs were ridiculous but I found that we could get by with a Passport Card for a lot less. I spent $17 for a birth certificate, $7.50 for a photo, $30 for the Feds and $25 for the issuing Agency. Just under $80. Considering the cost of a conservation license and the catch and release fever generating from "emotion science", I would venture a guess that the mortality rate will generate about the same loss of resources as a better creel count would. They would be better off going barbless and let the big spenders enjoy a few more fish dinners. I figure the best way for me to get around this is to create something called "shore breakfast". This could move "shore lunch" to a different time slot and it may also institute the creation of "shore supper". With all of those options at my disposal, I could gain about 10 lbs. in a weeks stay. I plan to

Sorry Buddy, any fish consumed, forms part of your daily limit !!!

Therefore, still only a total of 2 fish can be kept per day.

frown

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
As goofy as the politicians are in the US, they can't hold a candle to the Canadian counterparts. Consider Justin Trudeau?

Ya had to go & bring up the dumba$$, pretty boy, didn't cha !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well Paul, if I can't keep fish, I can still pick on the politicians. That is the National pastime of Canada?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Sorry Buddy, any fish consumed, forms part of your daily limit !!!

Therefore, still only a total of 2 fish can be kept per day.

frown

I agree with what you are saying. I couldn't enjoy eating that much fish as to interfere with my daily. The possession limit wouldn't be effected by my appetite and that's where I can enjoy my money spent.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Really? I fish a lot. Out of a $70,000 boat, towed by a $50,000 truck w/ $400 rods and $300 reels, but I think I won't go to Ontario because I can't keep $10 worth of fish (shakes head).

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Classic270
Really? I fish a lot. Out of a $70,000 boat, towed by a $50,000 truck w/ $400 rods and $300 reels, but I think I won't go to Ontario because I can't keep $10 worth of fish (shakes head).

Really? I don't fish a lot and I have a $2000 boat and it is pulled with a $5000 Jeep with $30.00 rods and $35.00 reels. But if I am picking a spot to go, I would love to bring back enough fish to enjoy some good meals with my wife. You sound like something I met in South Dakota.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.