Looking for the information on this old girl!
I have a Model 24 trap gun. At some point in the past, I beleive it's previous owner decided to cut the barrel off for whatever reason. I'm assuming it wasn't all that wonderful in the eyes of the law. But that being that, the barrel has been trued and another front bead placed on it. So much for collector value. I am trying to find out what year it may have been manufactured in. There are places on the web that can help with dates on Winnies and Savages, even Marlin rifles. I just haven't seen one for Marlin Shotguns. The serial #108XXX. Any suggestions out there? Great Patina and patterns pretty moderate with 7 1/2 shot! I love her. She has been in the family for years. I just don't know the history on her before she came our way. I never felt like doing anything with the gun until recently when I "started waxing nostalgic" for the good old days.
BTW After taking it to my gunsmith that is very familiar with this shotgun, it came out with an AOK to shoot light loads. Everything is in good working order.