Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KC,

did you go to Ireland?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
KC: Have been twice, the first time with a company called Overseas Adventure Travel (OATS). Flew into Shannon, toured the west and south of Ireland with our American born but Ireland relocated guide, then extended our stay in Dublin for a few days. The weather in the summer was grand for the most part. Second trip: flew into Dublin just before New Years for someone's retirement party. Spent more time in Dublin and areas nearby, but the weather was challenging. Stayed at the Shelbourne in Dublin and there are lots of hotels in or near the city center. Had a guided tour when one of the local taxi drivers (John) was willing to provide this service.

Lovely people & a lovely country. Clothing is quite expensive so pack thoughtfully. I was unwilling to consider living there due to the way they treat women, but recent changes to their abortion laws have made life better. If European banks leave London due to a hard Brexit exit most will head to the continent, but Dublin may prosper. The issue of the border with Northern Ireland border may be tricky since Ireland remains an EU country. Enjoy yourselves!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
All of my family are descended from Irish Travellers. I am American born and live in a house, though. I want to visit Ireland and see the homeland. One day maybe.

Last edited by Theeck; 08/21/18.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm going in May with my girlfriend and her cousins (all Irish decent) with CIE Tours. Will be a motorcoach tour with stops in Dublin, Donegal, Galway, Dingal and Killarney. Have a full day in Galway and a couple half days along the route with nothing on the schedule so looking to do side trips of some sort on our own. Any suggestions?

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tmitch
I'm going in May with my girlfriend and her cousins (all Irish decent) with CIE Tours. Will be a motorcoach tour with stops in Dublin, Donegal, Galway, Dingal and Killarney. Have a full day in Galway and a couple half days along the route with nothing on the schedule so looking to do side trips of some sort on our own. Any suggestions?

Liked Enis so much we spent an extra day going to pubs for Trad music and wandering around. The Old Ground Hotel is where we stayed and it was nicely centered for walking around town. The roads large enough to accommodate anything larger than a compact car are few and it leaves you with no way to get to the better, smaller venues. The Hill of Tara was very cool and the Island of Innishmore (one of the Aran Islands) was very worthwhile. Caught a ferry and spent a night there. In our case the fact we were from AK seemed to resonate with virtually every one and we had a great time with very friendly folks.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,726
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.