Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Trapper69
Nice! Maybe I'll drag the cut .284 and an Rt 30-30 over being it's so close!

Bring 'em along. I'll have some extra table space and toe tags for those that don't need full tables. That goes for the rest of you as well.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If anybody has a hunting grade 99 in .243 they want to part company with, I'll be showing some interest.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
gophergunner, I have this one I'd sell. It currently has a Leupold scope on it. PM if interested.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hoping to find one with swivels on it. Doesn't have to be minty. It will be hunted.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PM sent.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I would like one table, for Saturday only. Will there be door prizes? If so, I can bring some old Shooter's Bibles, either for prizes or to give for contributions to defray the expenses of the Fest.

Also, I have a nearly complete set of American Rifleman from 1928 on, if someone is coming who would be interested. I don't really want to ship them, but if someone at the Fest has a way of taking them home. PM me, and we can work something out.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All:

I just realized that after I move into our new home in two weeks, I will only be about 4 hours drive away from this event. I think this year is going to be a go.

Will contact tomorrow about a table.

RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAS
I just realized that after I move into our new home in two weeks, I will only be about 4 hours drive away from this event. I think this year is going to be a go.RAS

Pulling up and moving to be closer to Savage Fest is a little drastic, but, whatever works for ya. grin
Guessing down state? Although Escanaba area would be great for outdoor recreation.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
Originally Posted by RAS
I just realized that after I move into our new home in two weeks, I will only be about 4 hours drive away from this event. I think this year is going to be a go.RAS

Pulling up and moving to be closer to Savage Fest is a little drastic, but, whatever works for ya. grin
Guessing down state? Although Escanaba area would be great for outdoor recreation.

We got a nice place in Escanaba. smile

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAS
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
Originally Posted by RAS

We got a nice place in Escanaba. smile

I spent a couple summers up in Escanaba. I'm very jealous! Beautiful area. When you get settled in, boat back into Little Bay De Noc for walleyes. Run up the river there and fish for walleyes, smallmouth, northerns and trout. A great area.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Reminder:
Savage Fest 2018 is about a month out and shaping up to be a good one.
I need to know who is coming and how many tables if any.

Be sure to PM Rick99 or myself with names & number of attendees, number of tables, hotels or any other questions.

For those already attending, now is good time to think about what you will bring to the show.
99's, .22's, shotguns, combo's, ammo, sights, accessories, catalogs, memorabilia?
My advice is when in doubt, bring it! smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife just informed me that a relative I haven't seen in 20 years is coming that weekend. I am going to postpone my trip to gather info for the next book indefinitely. Maybe I can make that trip later this year or early next year. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If anyone has a spare Savage belt buckle they'll be interested in parting with, I'll be interested. I can get one on e-bay, but I'd rather give the sale to one of our guys.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here is the itinerary for Savage Fest;

Friday August 17
setup starting ~8:30am note; This amounts to setting up ~30-35 tables and chairs.
Populate tables and displays as folks arrive
Show begins!
snacks, coffee, water, etc. available and lunch at noon
Crappie fish fry & fix'ins 5-6pm Thanks to GeneB!

Saturday August 18
Doors open ~8:30am - BE SURE YOU & GUESTS HAVE PM'D RICK99 AND ARE ON THE ATTENDEE LIST. NO WALK-INS WILL BE ALLOWED
Show continues!
snacks, coffee, water, etc and lunch at noon
Grilled venison brats, steaks and more w/fix'ins 5-6pm Thanks to Gophergunner!

Sunday August 19
tear down & cleanup 8-9am (another function is using the facility and starts at 9:30am)

Other notes;
1) day travelers with items to display are welcome to tear down Saturday evening vs. Sunday morning
2) GeneB has offered to repair any Marbles tang sights you may have. Disassemble, clean & rewind spring.
3) donations of soda, snacks, water, smoked fish, grill items, etc. are appreciated. PM me if you can bring something.
4) donations for door prizes are appreciated. Drawing Saturday afternoon. PM me if you have something to offer.
5) Security Friday & Saturday nights will be me on a cot. Unless another generous soul would like to volunteer. smile PM me.
6) possibly more notes to follow... blush

Last edited by Southern_WI_Savage; 07/20/18.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice job you's guys.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm gonna clean out the freezer for any venison I can round up. If anyone wants to bring anything to throw on the grill, please do.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Rick and Rick, I’m 99% sure I’ll be there.

Brian

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great! We will call that 100%. How many tables?

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rick,
What are street addresses of venues?
Cedarberry Inn is easy: north side HWY 12 / 855 Phillips Blvd on west end of Sauk City.
Is Rec. Center at 730 Monroe street? 1 block north of HWY 12?
Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The addresses are correct Bruce.
The Hotel, facility, gas, food, hardware store, grocery store, Walgreens, Carr Valley Cheese are all on the strip within blocks of each other.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 17 invisible), 1,661 guests, and 667 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,741
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.