Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gentlemen,
I plan to host Savage Fest 2018 here in Sauk City, WI.
It will be very similar to Savage Fest 2014, facility, hotel, etc.
The calendar is slipping away and so facility reservations are somewhat limited, but I managed to reserve August 17 & 18.
I also reserved a block of rooms at the hotel.
Some preliminary information is below and there will be more to follow.
Hope to see you all there.

What: Savage Fest 2018
When: Aug. 17 & 18
Where: Sauk City, WI

Facility: The Sauk Prairie Recreation Center Gym (same as Savage Fest 2014)
Hotel: The Cedarberry Inn (same as Savage Fest 2014)

Details:
1)For Savage Collector Forum members and guests.
2)Savage Fest 2018 is a private show and is closed to the public.
3)Savage Fest 2018 is a not for profit no alcohol affair. There is no admission fee, however donations are encouraged to help defray rental expenses, etc.
4)Pre-registration is required. No walk-ins will be admitted.
5)To register PM Rick99 with number of attendees w/names and tables requested if any. Name tags will be supplied at check in.
6)Setup be will Friday morning, time TBD. Over night security will be provided Friday and Saturday nights. Tear down Sunday a.m.
7)Food, drink & snacks will be available throughout with a Saturday night pot luck meal.
8)A photo booth will be provided for anyone writing a book. PM David Royal your intentions for planning purposes.
9)PM Southern WI Savage if you will be available for setup, tear down, security, food, drink & door prize donations. Or any questions in general.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Southern_WI_Savage; 01/31/18.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great! Close enough for me to drive. PM sent to Rick99.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hah! You beat me to it! I've been scrambling to set up a Fest in Western Maryland, but kept getting shot down by the venues. I had one more to try next week, but I guess that's a moot point now. It's only fair to hold the Fest alternatively between east and west anyway.

Northern Wisconsin is a little too far for me to drive with a pile of guns in the car. I'm not the road warrior I used to be. Perhaps if I can afford it I'll investigate flying- there are a bunch of guys "out yonder" who I would dearly love to meet.

Perhaps if the venue I'm checking out next Wednesday night pans out, I'll host a mini-fest this summer to accomodate the East coast guys and the Savage 99 folks on Facebook, kind of what Joe Brady did in Pennsylvania last summer. It's the Izaac Walton League chapter's club house that I belong to outside of Hagerstown, MD. The venue has superb shooting ranges that would allow us to exercise some rifles and pistols when sitting around jawing gets boring! I have to confront the board of directors at the monthly meeting.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wisconsin Fest: Not sure if I can make the Fest in August, that's a bad weekend for me. I'll try, but likely won't know until close to the date. I'll try to swing it tho.

gnoahhh, don't worry about dragging guns out if that's a hassle. Just find some guys to carpool with and get out there if you can.

And summer is pretty open for me, so definitely let us know if there's a get together somewhere in the East. Wife's best friend lives in Connecticut, so could swing up north afterwards and keep the better half happy. If your Isaak Walton is anything like mine, you'll have hassles getting non-members access to the ranges. They are sticklers here about ensuring that everybody using it has gone through their safety/protocal training, or is being monitored full time by a member who has.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The range at our Ike chapter is open to non-trained outsiders as long as they are accompanied by a member (all of whom have gone through the safety training as a condition for membership). I figured if we meet there I'll have a couple buddies make themselves available for range use if desired. 20-point covered 50 yard rimfire and centerfire range, un-covered 100 and 200 yard centerfire, and a shooting house for 25 and 50 yard pistol, plus we can shoot .22's at 50 feet inside the clubhouse after hours if we wish.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I've got in-laws over the border on the IL side. Might fly up there and drive up for the fest. Never been to Savage fest before, but I don't come across many 99's down here so I never get to see any in person.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm pretty sure I can do it, I'll work on Gary, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Joe, you work on Gary, I'll work on John. We be on your way. I honestly have to do some homework before I commit, but would seriously love to attend.
Jerry

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We pay a heavy price for living out west at times like this. I'd love to come see all you guys but it's not happening.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe we can do some type of video phone link thing... not sure what I'm talking about but we could try.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There'll be smoked Lake Trout at Sauk City (which is in SOUTHERN Wisconsin). Maybe some other Lake superior delicacies if we get out enough times. Saxon Harbor is scheduled to be closed ALL summer to fix July 2017 storm damage that washed most of harbor out into the big pond! Still looking for 1 car and couple boats. We will be fishing out of Black River Harbor in U.P. which is also scheduled for some harbor damage repair (ramp closed for ???). Maybe I'll save several Cornish cross chickens we can barbecue!
Bruce

Bruce
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I probably can't make Wisconsin but Hagerstown would be easily doable.

Dale

This space for rent

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
As long as they aren't on the same weekend, I can do both, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can make it. It isnt a bad drive for me. Just cross the bridge and swing through the UP to WI. Cool.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gary if your venue dont pan out, i can still host a mini fest in Pa again. Keep me posted. Joe

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
I'd like to go, never been to one,will have to put in for vacation so I can get outta work that weekend.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm in. Looking forward to seeing some folks I haven't seen in a while and meeting some new ones.

Last edited by Skidrow; 02/01/18.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will make this a Sticky so it will stay at the Top.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I finally get a chance to attend one of these! Count me and my son in-can't wait to meet our members.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What name are the rooms reserved under?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 19 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,219
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.