-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The President “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.”
US constitution: Article II, Section 3, Clause 1.

It's the president's duty to report occasionally to congress, not to the people or the news media. No speech is required as long as his information gets to them. "from time to time" doesn't mean annually. It's meaning seems to be 'as needed'. It's interesting how this thing has grown into a media event in 200 years. I wonder what the media would do if Trump just printed up reports and passed them out to congress. It would be totally legal and the media would come unglued.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a pep rally for the Presidency.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've not heard someone giving the SOTU address as presidential as I listened last night....since Reagan!

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
It's a pep rally for the Presidency.

Yep. Otherwise known as campaigning. It’s about 90% of what goes on in DC anymore.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
I've not heard someone giving the SOTU address as presidential as I listened last night....since Reagan!

How refreshing was it to listen to an AMERICAN President? The idea that he puts AMERICA first and is not ashamed of the USA. He is unapologetic. That's why it sounds like Reagan. Ron spoke of American exceptionalism and how the USA was good vs. the evil of communism and the USSR. End of the Cold War lesft us without a clear foe, so we became just another country to some that needed to play nice and work hard to get along. Screw that! We are a Superpower. Act like it! That does not mean sticking our noses into every corner of the World, but does mean if we do, then kick that ass and be done with it. Don't make stupid unfavorable treaties and agreements? Why go there? To make Angela Merkel happy? Screw that prune faced muslim loving bitch. America First!!!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's kinda morphed now in the modern age of television, internet, and Twitter.

Now it's a chance to get airtime, and airtime denying the claims.

Anyone with half a brain knows what the state of our union is. They don't need to be told by the lyin' media what something is, or what someone said.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
what pisses me off is the new media telling everyone what they just heard. as if we need them to explain it all.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Where did they come up with the opposing party's response? That's certainly not in the constitution.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Where did they come up with the opposing party's response? That's certainly not in the constitution.

Freedom of speech is, as is sedition.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I wonder what the media would do if Trump just printed up reports and passed them out to congress. It would be totally legal and the media would come unglued.

Why on earth would he pass up the opportunity to speak directly to the American people?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It sure tells us where the presidents head is. Remember obama, that self gratfiying POS, all he could do was lie about how good things were going. Anybody with a brain knew he was selling us out, just like anyone with a brain can see that this President is fighting for America. Reading between the lines you can tell this president is an American first and a good businessman, running America like a business.

What a YUGE relief to have an American President again! My only gripe is he isn't hanging a bunch of democrats.

LOL
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Don`tya know their taking "care" of us...cause the Masses are too stupid to figgure it out...Proven by the fact we elected Trump?

Or so they believe.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I wonder what the media would do if Trump just printed up reports and passed them out to congress. It would be totally legal and the media would come unglued.

That’s what Jefferson did, he didn’t like public speaking.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The filthy demo rats wouldn t even get off their fat butts to stand,wouldn t clap,low class.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

How refreshing was it to listen to an AMERICAN President? The idea that he puts AMERICA first and is not ashamed of the USA. He is unapologetic. That's why it sounds like Reagan. Ron spoke of American exceptionalism and how the USA was good vs. the evil of communism and the USSR. End of the Cold War lesft us without a clear foe, so we became just another country to some that needed to play nice and work hard to get along. Screw that! We are a Superpower. Act like it! That does not mean sticking our noses into every corner of the World, but does mean if we do, then kick that ass and be done with it. Don't make stupid unfavorable treaties and agreements? Why go there? To make Angela Merkel happy? Screw that prune faced muslim loving bitch. America First!!!

Amen Hat.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Nicely said!!!!! I like when someone saves me a lot of typing.

Take care, Willie

Last edited by wdenike; 01/31/18.

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.