Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Shot show special--- I'd be more interested in a regular X-bolt bc for what they are asking Id rather build a rifle exactly to my specs.

http://www.browning.com/products/fi...g-range-mcmillan-ambush-left-handed.html

BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Agreed, that is a lot of dough for a Browning.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Don't believe Browning makes them, left handed that is. 2017 Shot Show they showed a rifle just like this one but a different camo Mc stock called A-TACS AU. I looked everywhere for one LH could not find one. you could find them RH but not LH

You CANNOT protect the Constitution without the 2nd Amendment.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Funny how they do that. I have a LH Micro Midas X-Bolt in 6.5 Creedmoor. It has never been listed on their site, but yet CDNN had one in stock. None could be found through any other dealers...

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Lefty Lucas
Don't believe Browning makes them, left handed that is. 2017 Shot Show they showed a rifle just like this one but a different camo Mc stock called A-TACS AU. I looked everywhere for one LH could not find one. you could find them RH but not LH

Check the link says for sale on their website.

I'm sure they limited it to a specific distributor. Seems to become more common these days where manufacturers will make a 'one of' model and sell to a particular region or distributor (Lipseys) etc

IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
25-30 years ago Browning cataloged a left-hand A-bolt 25/06 Stainless Stalker for 2 years before they were available anywhere. It was my first LH rifle and I just knew I would die without it. (Now I wish I had kept the BLR-81 in 257 Roberts that I had to "tide me over" until I got the 25/06.)

"I know you believe that you understand what you think that I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
( A quote of my Father)
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
and that 6.5 Shamwow screams for a brake.

I have to wear a boxing mouthpiece when I shoot one.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
23 years ago I ordered a left hand Browning Stainless Stalker, 7mm-08.w/ BOSS. They only showed it in their 1995 Catalog, then never mentioned again. A number of years ago I called Browning inquiring about this gun, they would not tell me how many they made but said had a very rare model.
Still have, great rifle.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jbmi
23 years ago I ordered a left hand Browning Stainless Stalker, 7mm-08.w/ BOSS. They only showed it in their 1995 Catalog, then never mentioned again. A number of years ago I called Browning inquiring about this gun, they would not tell me how many they made but said had a very rare model.
Still have, great rifle.

I do have one of those rare Browning A-bolt short action caliber stainless LH made back then I thought it was 1996 they made them, anyhow I think they only made about a 100 or so total and about 20 or so in each caliber such as 223 rem, 22-250, 7mm-08, 308, 260 rem ?, ect. Mine is in 22-250 with BOSS which I dont shoot any more. Hoping to sell it for big bucks some day! What happens with those limited runs sometimes is a certain wealthy person has a strong desire for something and has a distributor talk the rifle company into making a small run and these fall into the hands of rich collectors that are willing to pay a premium for what they want. In the used market it can be hard to fetch that premium dollar unless the rifle is NIB or close to it. Company's like Browning will later advertise something that they could make just to see how much the possible demand is.

I drifted off a little but getting back to those Browning SS LH short action caliber rifles there was an article in one of the gun magazines way back in the era of these being made that told how many of each caliber were made, and other specs. The reason they cant tell you at Browning about these are when you call is a combination of poor documentary of these builds and the person you talked to both really didnt care to help you with your research.

hotrodusa.....N.R.A. Life Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just be aware that the X Bolt has problems ejecting brass with scopes with a side focus. Mine went back 2x and I gave up and had it get a new scope. Mine is chambered in 7mm WSM. The brass literally falls back into the port.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Got one in 7-08. Got excited when it came up on auction. Paid way too much. Disappointed when I figured out they put an extension block of some kind on the front of the action to utilize the long action stock. Negates a lot of the benefits of a short action.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have a 22 Hornet micro and it uses the short action. I am a bit surprised and didn't know Browning did that to their short action A-Bolts.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just the stainless " special run" short actions were done like this. They could have done true short actions without any mods but they had no short action left hand synthetic stock. I think all other short actions in blue used a wood stock.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The wood/blue short actions are what I'm familiar with.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Last year my LGS ordered me that exact rifle by mistake.The rifle I was interested in was not available in LH. We realized the error the next day and the order was canceled. Or at least we thought. Two days ago the rifle arrives at his shop.?.?. He told me that I didn't have to take the rifle but I wanted to see it before it went into stock.
As you might imagine, I walked out with the rifle. :>)

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
428 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,917
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.