Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Follow the money.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doug, I note that Burris scopes are not available from Cameraland. Curious why that is.

GOA
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Hey...this is not Miracle on Bethpage Rd......and Doug isn't goin to send you down the road to buy from B&H or whatever.....he will try to push what they are selling.....if they did their research these products will be well made for a decent price....if not Cameralands reputation is will be harmed....Doug usually does a good job at this unless his suppliers/manufactures/distributers pull crap on him.....

gunut
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Doug, I note that Burris scopes are not available from Cameraland. Curious why that is.

We can special order Burris in for you. Please PM me with model #(s) and i'll get a great deal for you

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can't wait for Meopta news.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Got a pair of 8x42 Vortex last year n very happy" butt" it was the last pair in that Cabela's marked Japan..Said new ones were all from China ..Told the guy I'd take the demos or no buy,lol..I got 'em..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you Doug.

GOA
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ManyMoons
Got a pair of 8x42 Vortex last year n very happy" butt" it was the last pair in that Cabela's marked Japan..Said new ones were all from China ..Told the guy I'd take the demos or no buy,lol..I got 'em..

I prefer Japan made Optics!!!!! But.....I had ordered a pair of Burris Signature HD Binos Made in Japan, They came on the Brown Truck yesterday unboxed them and went out on the porch to have a look....Glass was Crystal clear but the worst Chromatic Aberrations I have ever seen in a set of Binoculars.....I had also ordered a Pair of Chinese made Bushnell Legend M series HD Binos...... They were on the Brown truck also...They blew the Burris and its Japan made Glass out of the water crystal clear to the edge, No CA and looks to be Great build Quality.....So I might have to rethink the Chinese VS Japan Thing...Because the Chinese clearly won in this case and for less than 1/2 the money.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Wait a few years and see how that Chinese stuff is holding up. Optics are the easy part. Durability not so much. I was singing the praises a few years ago of the Zen-Ray ED3's. Glass was fantastic, and three years later the eyecups had fallen off multiple times, rubber armoring was loose, and hinge was too loose.

Last edited by JGRaider; 01/24/18.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Quick morning announcement.

Meopta has reduced the prices on their binoculars:

MeoPro Binoculars now starting at $429.99 for the 8x32 HD through the MeoPro 10x42 HD for only $499.95

MeoStar binoculars are also reduced, you can now get a Meostar 10x42 HD for only $999.99. IMO, this is now the 10x42 binocular under $1,000.00. Nice to have a true Euro option at the same price as the top Chinese offerings.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is the warranty like with the Athlon lines? Since myself, my father and others are not sure footed all the time in rocks and desert, we can be rough on our stuff. Vortex has fixed anything i've sent in no questions asked relating to clumsy or or dumb things I have done. I even dented the tube once by over tightening due to my ignorance and they replaced my scope. Reading Athlon's website, I'm not sure i'd get the same treatment. Any thoughts or info?
I like the prices so if the warranty is the same, i'd look more into them. If they are not, then i'll stay paying a little more for peace of mind since I can be a goober at times smile

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Wait a few years and see how that Chinese stuff is holding up. Optics are the easy part. Durability not so much. I was singing the praises a few years ago of the Zen-Ray ED3's. Glass was fantastic, and three years later the eyecups had fallen off multiple times, rubber armoring was loose, and hinge was too loose.

That has been my concern too. I'm in the market for a light spotter and am having that dilemma.....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Enrique
What is the warranty like with the Athlon lines? Since myself, my father and others are not sure footed all the time in rocks and desert, we can be rough on our stuff. Vortex has fixed anything i've sent in no questions asked relating to clumsy or or dumb things I have done. I even dented the tube once by over tightening due to my ignorance and they replaced my scope. Reading Athlon's website, I'm not sure i'd get the same treatment. Any thoughts or info?
I like the prices so if the warranty is the same, i'd look more into them. If they are not, then i'll stay paying a little more for peace of mind since I can be a goober at times smile

Kique

Athlons warranty is a lifetime no fault as well. Drop it, drown it, run it over with the car, they will replace or repair it. no worries, no receipt needed, no registration of product. If you have it, you're covered.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Athlons warranty is a lifetime no fault as well. Drop it, drown it, run it over with the car, they will replace or repair it. no worries, no receipt needed, no registration of product. If you have it, you're covered.

Might you know anyone that has actually used the warranty?

Speak life
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Grady8541
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Might you know anyone that has actually used the warranty?

I am sorry I do not. So far quality control seems great (they have an amazing QC system in place). The best warranty is the one you never need to use

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I looked at the Athlon stuff at SHOT. The stuff I looked at was very good as far as you can tell inside a building. The Aries is very similar to Cronos only Chinese origin rather than Japanese. They have one 34mm Aries but it was an MOA scope. I wish they made the $1200 Aries in Milliradian.

I had a very nice long talk with someone at Vortex. They apparently have very good Koolaid there.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I find this whole thing about Vortex funny. Two years ago I complained that Vortex was a bunch of horse manure and they were a shady bunch, but I got ridiculed for it. I got rid of every piece of Vortex I had after using their great warranty on a first generation Razor bino. They ended up sending me an even older pair of razor binos that they admitted to having on their shelf in their R&D department since they had upgraded to the HD when this happened. I sold all my scopes, binos, and cancelled an order for 4 more scopes. When ask what scope I would use by my friends, Vortex is first on the list as to what not to buy.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
think i'll just keep buying bushnell elites,4200,6500

doug,do you sell elites? what do you think of them?

Last edited by srwshooter; 01/29/18.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have 4 of the 6500s and 2 ziess HD5s. I really like the 6500s.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I like my Elite 6500 but would prefer uncapped turrets that mine doesn't have. Bushnell does NOT do upgrades.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,247
Posts18,466,921
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.