Print Thread
Hop To
D
davet Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/01/year-trump-epitomizes-americas-cultural-inflection-point/

There are some who are at least open to the idea of understanding what is going on in our country politically.

" Donald Trump, whose accomplishments as a new president don’t use the same scoreboard. Trump has largely scored his game by subtraction. Along with his administrative appointees and an initially reluctant Republican Congress, our new president has largely restrained and reduced: national monuments shrunk, newly aggressive federal regulation of the Internet rolled back, federal taxes cut, and (most significantly) the “individual mandate” to buy a corporate product under threat of government punishment effectively repealed.

It’s the most extraordinary political accomplishment in at least 50 years, turning against a premise so completely accepted that it had come to be regarded as a kind of natural force, inevitable and incontestable: gravity, sunrise, federal power. "

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I like this part too:

Many political observers try to make this “yes, but” argument, acknowledging the successes of the Trump administration while condemning Trump the person for crimes of social deviation: He delivered tax cuts, but oh my goodness he does mean tweets.

At National Review, for a particularly clear example, Jay Cost writes that he’s “pleasantly surprised by the policy output of this administration,” but then adds: “And yet it is impossible to say that this year has been a successful one for the new administration. The problem has been the president himself.”

This distinction can’t be made. Over the last year, Trump has come into clear relief as a disrupter, a familiar historical figure. Moments of significant historical change find figures that can carry the weight, and they tend to have similar characteristics.

The president’s personality can’t be separated from the political fruits of his administration.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Accomplished a lot!!

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is what historical inflection points look like: The old guard stands there with their mouths hanging open.

[Linked Image]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Win.........Win.........Win...........MAGA.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rope a Dope Bigly.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG
This is what historical inflection points look like: The old guard stands there with their mouths hanging open.

[Linked Image]

My gosh. . . . look at those Dumbo the Elephant ears!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My gosh. . . . look at those Dumbo the Elephant ears!

Argh- you made me look!

Last edited by kenjs1; 02/01/18.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That is a very insightful article. Everyone should read it in its entirety.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Brilliant article. Thanks.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 48 invisible), 2,902 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,594
Posts18,454,365
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.