Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Of the ones I had, the Knights were the most consistently accurate with different loads. The T/C Omega was great as long as you were shooting sabots, but SUCKED with conicals (required in Colorado where I hunted with it). I tried every conical made and it shot patterns, not groups.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
GB1

B
byd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Knights are very popular and have a great reputation out here in Washington, this is my first MZ and like the simplicity of the CVA. The Cva Accura 2 Western top of the line coated with Nitride was $463.00 to the door Knight would have been $978.00.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by byd
I would like to get into muzzleloading and I have had great success with my Tikka is there a manufacture of muzzleloaders that equals Tikka for accuracy and reliability.

For me, it's been my LHR Remption, but unlike a Tikka rifle, you're playing in a whole different field.

Nobody picks up a muzzleloading rifle with the expectation that it's going to be a 100% surefire thing. A Tikka may be close to that for what it does, but part of the sport of ML'ing is the fact that it ain't a 100% proposition. You've got a lot more variations in powder, primer, etc. etc. that make it more uncertain. A Tikka fires stuff out of a brass case and the primer and powder are sealed in. The Tikka also has to cycle round after round through the magazine. With a ML, you make it go bang and then fiddle-fart with the whole system getting it ready to fire again.

In that last respect, it is a lot more the whole success of the system hinges on the nut holding the rifle than anything else. It's about consistency, attention to fine detail and dogged determination more than the precision of the hardware.

I used to work in a solder factory. The VP used to tell us: if you fart favoring your left ass cheek while extruding your wire, you'd better be ready to fart off that same cheek for the rest of the shift if you want consistent wire (he was a hillbilly so he called it 'WAR'.) That's pretty much what accuracy and reliability in a ML demands.

One other thing: The LHR Redeption/TC Strike has been a major game changer. I had been shooting the same TC Hawken since 1984. However, you or the next guy may find another rifle does better or worse. It's a very personal thing. I would not expect your experience to be the same as mine. However, there are LHR Redemptions out there marked waaaay down since the rifle was bought out by TC.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
Originally Posted by byd
Tikka's are center fire rifles

You still haven't mentioned the style that Tikka's are.

Is it a semi-auto gas?
Is it a bolt-action?

etc......etc......etc....

Do you want a bolt-action ML?..... plunger-action?...... fall-action?........ break-action?.....etc.

A Google search would have revealed they are bolts but I think you are missing the point: what is the modern muzzleloader with the highest performance at modest cost?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 3,057 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.