Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I want to thank all the guy's who have asked me for more information on the new 2018 BLACK FX1000 scope. Here is all the information I have. Feel free to drop send me a PM if there's something else you need. Hopefully we are a month away from this scope hitting the stores. Thank you for your patience.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
well I guess the good thing is they didn't put a freaking 34 mm tube on the thing. whenever I see that its like a guy running 22" dub wheels with a lifted truck. 34mm tube scopes are dumb. the 4-16 models would be better as SFP, also where is this scope made? because YES that matters.

also why isn't the windage turrets capped, everyone is asking for this, nightforce does it with the ATACR

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 02/06/18.
B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
The scope is made in the Philippines. The precursor to the BLACK FX1000 is the BLACK X1000 which is SFP. There's always someone out there who likes the 22"dub's and someone who doesn't . Nikon is making quality scopes with feature's that shooter's want and need to be successful at a fair price.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Thanks for posting all the info on your new line of scopes. I appreciate that it takes quite a bit of time and R & D to put something like this together, but is there any future plans to create a scope with similar features (zero stop, FFP, precise and repeatable adjustments) in a smaller package, with less magnification, and perhaps a simpler reticle? I know a scope like that has often been discussed on this forum and others, and I'd expect it would be popular with many hunters and shooters. As a hunter, I would love a scope with a precise repeatable adjustments, zero stop, a simple reticle with a few (ideally mil) windage and elevation holdover points, FFP, and relatively compact size. A capped windage, or lockable turret would also be a fantastic feature. I bring it up because this new line of scopes, seems to check many of the boxes, but it is just too much scope for what I'm personally looking for. A smaller scope, perhaps with a 40ish mm objective and magnification range with a low end of 1-3 and a high end of 8-10, in this line could be very popular. I know I would buy one, especially if the pricing matches the rest of your line, and is in the $700 range. The other comparable scopes produced by your competitors fall short in one area or another (price, size, turrets, SFP, etc.)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bman940
The scope is made in the Philippines. The precursor to the BLACK FX1000 is the BLACK X1000 which is SFP. There's always someone out there who likes the 22"dub's and someone who doesn't . Nikon is making quality scopes with feature's that shooter's want and need to be successful at a fair price.

that is what I guessed, notice how the PST 2 this scope and the burris XTR, all have very similar knurling on the turrets. they must all be coming from the same Philippine factory. covered windage turrets should really be done on all scopes. no one is cranking on those windage knobs

IC B2

B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
COR, Thank you for the question/suggestion. I have asked the head of R/D at Nikon to follow up. My guess is that Nikon will continue to put out quality scopes that you guys want for a long time coming. Hopefully Jer. will have time to answer your question. Much appreciated.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
wonder why LOW in japan isn't building some of these scopes.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Cost.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Thanks bman. Again, I appreciate the work you guys are doing and just figured I'd put it out there...I'm not an expert but I believe a quality scope like that would be a win-win

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Cummins, we have the 4-16 available in SFP in the X1000 line. The FX1000 is all FFP. The windage isn't capped because this scope isn't $2k+. We could have done in but it would require an entire new scope chassis and that would have doubled the price of the scope. We will have a lot more to offer in the future but were trying to bring the most scope for the money of anyone.

Precision Rifle Series member #261
12th place PRS overall nationally 2014
5th place PRS overall nationally 2015
"Everyone hopes to win, winners expect to win"
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'll definitely keep it in mind, I think a 2-10x42 or 2-12x42 would be a nice addition down the road

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Also everyone should keep in mind with the image posted earlier that the travel numbers are about 15-20% conservative.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeremy_B
Cummins, we have the 4-16 available in SFP in the X1000 line. The FX1000 is all FFP. The windage isn't capped because this scope isn't $2k+. We could have done in but it would require an entire new scope chassis and that would have doubled the price of the scope. We will have a lot more to offer in the future but were trying to bring the most scope for the money of anyone.

thanks for piping in, an explanation is always nice. I do think across the board capping the windage would make many happy and not offend the tactical crowd that buys alot of these type scopes. I too would also like to see a 3-12 ish model, also something with super reliable tracking, glass I don't really care about, prostaff or 10 year old buck master glass would make me happy if the scope tracked right and true.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by Jeremy_B

thanks for piping in, an explanation is always nice. I do think across the board capping the windage would make many happy and not offend the tactical crowd that buys alot of these type scopes. I too would also like to see a 3-12 ish model, also something with super reliable tracking, glass I don't really care about, prostaff or 10 year old buck master glass would make me happy if the scope tracked right and true.

This.

Jesus, this has been asked for about 10,000 times on this forum. To date, only Nightforce and Bushnell LRHS have seemed to figure it out, though SWFA and the SS line come close. I keep seeing manufacturers/reps keep come on this site and telling us what they have and touting their wares. Just once I’d like to see one ask us what “we” want and then make it. There is more hunting/shooting knowledge on this site than anywhere else in the world I’d argue, but manufacturers don’t seem smart enough to take advantage of that.

For the record, my vote is to recreate the LRHS under 20 ounces and under a grand and you can likely sell a couple of thousand just on this site alone.

Last edited by iddave; 02/06/18.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I cannot disagree with this. I am very interested by the FX....the only thing that will derail me would be if I lose self control before they are released and pick up an LRTSi.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
4-16 has my interest piqued. While I'd prefer a capped windage its not a deal breaker. Black electrical tape or shrink wrap will secure it just fine.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The two posts following my own are illustrating my point.

Dave

Last edited by iddave; 02/06/18.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
The BLACK X and FX1000 scopes come in around 23.5 oz so hopefully that will be acceptable to most ? As I have said on this site many times, if you don't ask you don't get. I write down suggestion's that you guys have for feature's you would like to see and sometimes something entirely new. Stranger things.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everyone agrees of the capped windage turret. Reliable adjustments vs the best glass is up there too.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
In order of importance....

Reliable adjustment
Reliable adjustment
Capped windage
Reliable adjustment
Weight 20 pounces or less
Reliable adjustment
Under a thousand dollars
Reliable adjustment
Normal magnification (2-7, 3-9, 3-12, 6x) with objective 44 or less
Reliable adjustment
Glass quality

Think...SWFA SS 6x or 3-9 with capped windage, in addition to the LRHS already mentioned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (7887mm08, Akhutr, Algotguns, Bama_Sleeper, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,561 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,234
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.