Reliable adjustment
Weight 20 pounces or less
Reliable adjustment
Under a thousand dollars
Reliable adjustment
Normal magnification (2-7, 3-9, 3-12, 6x) with objective 44 or less
Reliable adjustment
Glass quality

Think...SWFA SS 6x or 3-9 with capped windage, in addition to the LRHS already mentioned.
. Yep, yep and yep

BP-B2

B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Just so there is no confusion, some of you would like to see a capped horizontal adjustment turret? Thank you for your input.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Pretty much all of us.... at least from something used mainly for hunting purposes.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The tactical guys aren’t cranking those windage knobs either. And on the chance they want to it’s easy to make it capped lower profile so you could still finger adjust it easily

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
When will the 1-4x24 M-TACTICAL MK1-MOA scopes be available?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
just looked at nikons site, from a marketing stand point it appears we are seeing a disconnect with what many want and what many people actually buy. Nikon has a few scopes with what they call the XR turret, which for me makes a whole hell of alot of sense. Its basically pretty similar or a competitor to leupolds CDS setup. The problem for me is I have never been able to understand exactly how that setup works on nikons. does it have a rev limiter like leupold does or does it let you go past one turn, or is there no limiter at all? I love leupolds CDS setup for a hunting scope. its pretty much ideal. The problem is leupold scopes are shat, and not reliable.

I suspect nikon isn't selling the XR turret scopes like hotcakes. The problem with promoting them more and offering more of them, is there is a huge segment of the market that will not take a tactical/heavy duty/ dialing scope seriously unless it has big ole knobs sticking out. Heck companies even sell scopes with 34mm tubes and larger. I mean why not just make a 40 mm tube scope. bigger is better right? again its like a giant lifted truck running 22" dubs for wheels. its all show and no go. I have to laugh when I see 34mm tube scopes and they offer no more elevation travel than a competitors 30 mm offering, ITS ALL MARKETING!

I think nightforce pulls off the capped windage turret with the ATACR line because of their reputation in the marketplace AND well lets face it the 34 mm tube in the ATACR line is MARKETING TOO, bushnell the same way with the LRHS line, they have a reputation they have cultivated with their high end optics that keeps growing. But the problem there is the company has been run into the ground by private equity firms horse trading the company. vortex has replaced them pretty much everywhere on the retail level and no one is really even able to see their high end offerings.

another undeniable fact, the long range hunting scope market is very very small, G7 and huskemaw are the only 2 companies that have offered products specific for long range hunters, G7 appears to no longer have a deal or the deal they had with nightforce and huskemaw well, you know, I do think I am going to buy one of those and test it just for the hell of it, provided I can buy it right and not take a beating on resale if I don't keep it. but despite the ridiculous name and a TV show that left out alot of important details, its still a scope that should check every box for a long range hunter, provided it tracks and operates well mechanically.

so nikon I dunno what to tell you, figure out a way to gain a reputation for reliable mechanical adjustments, So far the path to that is only a couple ways, a ton of money spent on a optics in europe which is going to mean a scope probably over 2k, IMO the market is saturated there. OR a scope made in japan, I don't trust Philippine manufacture yet, maybe at some point I could and I do think they are close.

just some random ramblings.

on edit I do have a monarch 3. 2.5-10 with mil dot reticle on an AR that I have used for a couple years. I have been happy with the scope. it is phillipine manufacture but I don't ask that scope to do a whole lot, simply hold zero I don't dial it. I do use the mil dot reticle for some hold overs, but there again that scope is probably too boring for your average tacticoool guy. I generally do like nikon's optical formula, that being, eye relief, FOV and ease of getting behind. glass seems to always be pretty darn good on your scopes too.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 02/07/18.
B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Steel., The M-Tactical 1-4x24 MOA should be out in March with everything else from what I have heard.
Cummins, The BLACK FX1000 is a heck of a scope made by Nikon. I think when it finally hits retailers I think you will only hear possitive comments about it. The BLACK X1000 received excellent reviews including tracking tests. Some guys won't be happy unless they spend $2K and that's fine. Some guy's will always find a fault with equipement other's use and that's fine too. I won't waste time or threads trying to convert you, I can only give you the information I have and if it works for you,great, if not, oh well.

Steel, This info might be helpful to you.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums...ot%202018-02-07%20at%2011.13.26%20AM.png

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by bman940
Steel., The M-Tactical 1-4x24 MOA should be out in March with everything else from what I have heard.
Cummins, The BLACK FX1000 is a heck of a scope made by Nikon. I think when it finally hits retailers I think you will only hear possitive comments about it. The BLACK X1000 received excellent reviews including tracking tests. Some guys won't be happy unless they spend $2K and that's fine. Some guy's will always find a fault with equipement other's use and that's fine too. I won't waste time or threads trying to convert you, I can only give you the information I have and if it works for you,great, if not, oh well.

I know the scope I referenced has an MOA reticle (looks like 2 MOA per hash). The website doesn't state, but it looks like the turrets are 1/2 MOA per click?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I know the scope I referenced has an MOA reticle (looks like 2 MOA per hash). The website doesn't state, but it looks like the turrets are 1/2 MOA per click?

Never mind, I saw my answer at the bottom of the pic. Thanks

B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
You are correct. If you look at the bottom of the info I posted it say's adjustment gradient 1/2 moa. My son loves using the Black Force1000 1-4x24 with illuminated Speedforce reticle in carbine competition's and for hog hunting.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You are correct. If you look at the bottom of the info I posted it say's adjustment gradient 1/2 moa. My son loves using the Black Force1000 1-4x24 with illuminated Speedforce reticle in carbine competition's and for hog hunting.

Yeah, I didn't scroll all the way down.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Yeah, that one is a little too bushy for me. I can roll with the hash marks. It's for a bolt action 223 that will live in a UTV.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Anybody try any of the Black line of Nikons ?

Test the tracking etc. ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Anybody try any of the Black line of Nikons ?

Test the tracking etc. ?

Quite a few reviews over on Snipers Hide. Some of it not good...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I hope this helps a bit. A guy I helped out on The Hide sent this to me regarding Nikon's BLACK FX1000 4-16x50 Illuminated MRAD. I just picked one up to go on a 6.5CM but with TX having record high temps it may be another week or so till I get to the range.

As promised I took the scope out today after initially zeroing it a few days ago and shot a a tall target test and box test.

A few days ago, when I first zeroed it, I did have some issues setting the zero stop when the internal zero stop ring did not want to spin down to the bottom after loosening the three screws securing it in place. It is my belief the zero stop may have originally been installed on the spindle slightly cross threaded. Fortunately, after backing it out some and screwing it back down using a little extra force I was able to get it past the rough spot and got it to spin all the way down to properly set the zero stop.

Today, I shot a tall target test (0 to +10.0 Mil elevation) as well as a box test (-3.0 to +3.0 Mil of windage). The scope did very, very well! In all cases the differences from expected to actual were less than 0.5% (well inside this shooters ability) and the scope returned to its original zero no matter how I dialed it going out, shooting, and coming back to (0, 0). This unit is definitively a keeper as I can't find any fault(s) anywhere... hopefully it wii keep working well and I get to enjoy it for a long time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
133 members (300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,812 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.