-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some of y'all are so quick to argue about the Holocaust that you're missing the point, which is not only freedom of speech, but freedom of thought itself. We have entered into the Orwellian, enabled by technology. Few get it.

GB1

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder if Jew's could be arrested for Jesus denial?

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Somebody has stood out in the Florida sun to long. Wearing a hat might help. Ed k

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by edk
Somebody has stood out in the Florida sun to long. Wearing a hat might help. Ed k

Him wearing a hat in the Florida sun is likely part of the issue, considering that hat is made of tin foil

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
What other accounts of historical events need to be protected by the threat of prison for disagreeing with them?

IC B2

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Some of y'all are so quick to argue about the Holocaust that you're missing the point, which is not only freedom of speech, but freedom of thought itself. We have entered into the Orwellian, enabled by technology. Few get it.

That is so true. Even to the point of............"What Orwell failed to predict was that we’d buy the cameras ourselves, and that our biggest fear would be that nobody was watching." - Keith Jensen.

I wonder if Jew's could be arrested for Jesus denial?

DMc

Apparently no.
They don't even get an honorable mention when referring to the mass murder in Russia.
I think they have the proverbial " get out of jail free" card. wink

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
x2

Originally Posted by IndyCA35
At the first group of Nuremberg trials, there were 22 defendants. There were SIX BOXCARS worth of written evidence, MANY MONTHS of testimony by witnesses, including films, and ADMISSIONS by some of the Nazis on trial--and many others later--that the Holocaust did indeed occur.

Perhaps TRH was ignorant of that.

I don't believe in suppression of ideas, but I can understand why Germany would want to make suppression of such denials a crime. How difficult would it be to get people like The Real Hawkeye and HuntnShoot to willingly join in if another opportunity for mass murder of Jews occurred? I don't know.

We like to think that everyone in the occupied countries joined the resistance against the Nazis. Not so. Many willingly helped the Germans deport people to known death. This happened in Holland, where a Dutchman denounced Anna Frank to the Germans, In Poland, where they recently passed a law making it illegal to say that anyone collaborated, in the Baltics and the Ukraine, on the British Channel Islands, and most especially in France. France was the only conquered country where the government was retained and officially collaborated with the Nazis.

As for why nobody denounces the millions killed by Communism, PargerU.com has an interesting 5-minute video that explains why. I cannot understand how anyone could give the Commies a pass. Or the Turks for slaughtering the Armenians. Or the Germans for simply letting 3.5 million Russian POWs starve to death.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe
What other accounts of historical events need to be protected by the threat of prison for disagreeing with them?

Have you forgotten about the recent events surrounding confederate civil war monuments?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Exactly. I don't for a second think that the holocaust didn't happen but to throw someone in jail for expressing a different opinion is incredible.

You can see some in the U.S. that would do the same thing. Look at the calls to jail or blackball those that don't buy into the global warming scam or the "hate speech" laws that have been enacted over the last 20 years. All you have to do to get someone thrown in jail is to get their opinion labeled "hate speech" and you can have them arrested for expressing an opinion that isn't mainstream.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Have you forgotten about the recent events surrounding confederate civil war monuments?

No,....*I* haven't.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Exactly. I don't for a second think that the holocaust didn't happen but to throw someone in jail for expressing a different opinion is incredible.

You can see some in the U.S. that would do the same thing. Look at the calls to jail or blackball those that don't buy into the global warming scam or the "hate speech" laws that have been enacted over the last 20 years. All you have to do to get someone thrown in jail is to get their opinion labeled "hate speech" and you can have them arrested for expressing an opinion that isn't mainstream.

We should also remember that Germany is not the US, and does not have our constitutional structure, nor should we force such upon them. They are their own sovergnty after all

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

We should also remember that Germany is not the US, and does not have our constitutional structure, nor should we force such upon them. They are their own sovergnty after all

Apparently not.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
And what illegitimacy would that be ... ?

"Jackson [Chief US prosecutor] is away conducting his high-grade lynching party in Nuremberg ... I hate to see the pretense that he is running a court and proceeding according to common law. This is a little too sanctimonious a fraud to meet my old-fashioned ideas."

- US Supreme Court Chief Justice Harlan Fiske Stone

"The Nuremberg trials are so repugnant to the Anglo-Saxon principles of justice that we must forever be ashamed of that page in our history ... The Nuremberg farce represents a revenge policy at its worst."

- US Representative Lawrence H. Smith of Wisconsin

"As a representative of the American people I desire to say that what is taking place in Nuremberg, Germany, is a disgrace to the United States... A racial minority, two and a half years after the war closed, are in Nuremberg not only hanging German soldiers but trying German businessmen in the name of the United States."

- Congressman John Rankin of Mississippi

I could go on and on. Have you even made the slightest effort to scratch the surface of the received narrative regarding these proceedings, Indy?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

So you don't advocate that we advocate for our ideals? So we shouldn't have invaded Europe in the 1910's, or the 40's? Or any of the countries we currently inhabit militarily? That's good, and I agree.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
When she gets back to Canada, Schaefer is likely to be charged with an offence against peoplekind ( for some reason, spellcheck does not seem to recognise that as being a real word) .
German Nazis murdered millions of Jews and others. They did so systematically and deliberately. That the Russians also murdered civilians, and did so deliberately and systematically, doesn't do anything to discount the German actions.
There is a young woman with White House ties who has a neck just like Schaefer's. What this may mean vis a vis familial connection, I can't say. GD

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

So you don't advocate that we advocate for our ideals? So we shouldn't have invaded Europe in the 1910's, or the 40's? Or any of the countries we currently inhabit militarily? That's good, and I agree.

Advocating, and demanding that everyone be just like us are two different things.

If each country was just like America we truly would lose our exceptionalism. And no I am fine with our military actions during those times. As well as our current occupations thereof. Stifling communism world spread is again a far cry from forcing everyone to be just like us

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
And what illegitimacy would that be ... ?

"Jackson [Chief US prosecutor] is away conducting his high-grade lynching party in Nuremberg ... I hate to see the pretense that he is running a court and proceeding according to common law. This is a little too sanctimonious a fraud to meet my old-fashioned ideas."

- US Supreme Court Chief Justice Harlan Fiske Stone

"The Nuremberg trials are so repugnant to the Anglo-Saxon principles of justice that we must forever be ashamed of that page in our history ... The Nuremberg farce represents a revenge policy at its worst."

- US Representative Lawrence H. Smith of Wisconsin

"As a representative of the American people I desire to say that what is taking place in Nuremberg, Germany, is a disgrace to the United States... A racial minority, two and a half years after the war closed, are in Nuremberg not only hanging German soldiers but trying German businessmen in the name of the United States."

- Congressman John Rankin of Mississippi

I could go on and on. Have you even made the slightest effort to scratch the surface of the received narrative regarding these proceedings, Indy?

Are you going to start quoting David duke next?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree. But freedom of speech and thought do not immunize one against ridicule. Ridicule too is protected.

Carpe' Scrotum
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Stifling communism world spread is again a far cry from forcing everyone to be just like us

Well,.....America was allied with the Communists in it's war against Germany,...so there must have been another reason.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was raised by my paternal Grandparents who spoke mostly French at home. I could understand what was said even though I spoke it poorly. At the end of WW2, two of my Grandmother's nephews came home from Europe and they told of some of what they saw including the liberation of one of the camps. I forget which one. There's no denying that the holocaust happened. They saw it and told my Grandparents what they saw.
My take on the little old lady with the pigtails is she's definitely just not all there.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,989 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,702
Posts18,456,802
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.