Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
norm99 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
a 9mm in either Glock Sig Saure or Beretta. you guys got any good recomendations.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have a Beretta 92 and love it. It’s my everyday carry pistol. It’s heavy but I can shoot it like a laser. I can’t say about the Sig because I’ve never shot one. I personally don’t like Glocks. I’ve shot a few Glocks and I couldn’t hit near as accurately as I could with my Beretta 92.

Edwin

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Norm I just got a Sig P320. I was surprised at the the trigger and the accuracy. Mine is the compact with the long slide. Warpig on here had a few of them for $415 delivered. Not sure if he has any left but I'd recommend them.

LOL
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Giock

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glock

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by norm99
a 9mm in either Glock Sig Saure or Beretta. you guys got any good recomendations.

norm

What are they going to use it for?

norm99 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
can only be target shooting here in canuck land no carry, they have a 45 on a1911 frame ,

I have a 1911 colt from my FIL a 380 savage as well as a Ruger blackhawk in 357 mag and a 22 with a 22mag cyl as well

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .

norm99 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
BTT

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Glock

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Norm99: Go with the Glock!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glock if it fits their hands? If not a CZ 75 would be next on my list over a sig or beretta. Berettas can be dang accurate but I could never shoot them worth a darn.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
If they're full grown two Glock 17's, if the grandson is a kid, get him a Glock 19.

Last edited by gunner500; 02/12/18.

Trump Won!
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
They can all be good choices. I really like my Beretta 92 but it can be fairly thick through the grip. The 92A3 version has thinner grip panels which my wife prefers. I shoot it well and will likely use it for some informal pistol matches next summer. I don't have any experience with the PX series so can't comment on them.

I have owned a couple SIG 220s and shot a few 9mm way back when but never cared for the triggers. It seems SIG has changed some of the triggers in response to complaints but I haven't used any that I can recall. They are a solid gun and one I probably could adjust to if I wished. I am not familiar with the model numbers so can't help there.

Glock is another rock solid design but I do not care for them due to grip angle. In spite of that, it is a brand that always makes the list when I recommend guns to others. I have owned nearly a dozen due to finding used models too low to pass up but they just have not liked me. If one fits and is looking for a target/competition gun then this probably the one to start with as there are tons of aftermarket options available. The Model 19 and 17 are most commonly found but there is a target model in the 30s for model number which seems pretty popular with some. Other than barrel and slide length they are pretty similar.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Norm;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust all is well with you and your family - it's been too long since I've said hello and longer still since we've had a coffee.

Since we're both Canucks and know the limitations of our wonderful restricted laws, I'd suggest that if at all possible the boys should try to shoot a sample of each before buying.

I've shot a Glock a fair bit - one of the first 19's to hit the valley here, and while it fit my medium sized hands quite well, I found that I had to shift my grip a wee bit as the magazine emptied. It was explained to me that as the mag empties on a polymer framed pistol, the weight shifts a bit upward toward the slide.

For me, when I shoot either an aluminum or better steel framed auto, this is much less the case and I can keep the same grip for the entire magazine. Again I'm plinking only - typically as far down range as I can, trying to hit as small a target as I'm able to. I'm not running speed drills at 7 yards with a restricted because I'll never use one for that purpose.

Lastly, with my not huge mitts, I find the Taurus/Beretta grip a bit thick somehow, fatter than the Browning Hi Power and much fatter than a CZ75. For my hands a CZ75 grip is about right - but I know you didn't ask about them.

While I've held the metal frame Sigs I don't believe I've shot one so can't comment one way or the other.

All the best to you and your family as we head into spring Norm.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Glock

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they are using it for target shooting, I'd run one of the CZ pistols like the SP01, cz 75 or their upscale target models. I'd then run the Sig Sauer metal guns next. Browning Hi Power (they are no longer making these so hurry up) would be excellent as well and a fine match to the 1911s. I enjoy shooting Glocks, but believe they would fit in a better carry role.

If you pick up the CZ's I mentioned, tell them to get the rimfire kit to go with it as well for some cheap plinking.

Best of luck and I hope they enjoy it, whatever they choose!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by hanco
Giock

Fixed it for ya. SIG. LOL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sure do like my Gen 3 Glock 19 but you know how it is with Glocks. Some people just don't like 'em. It would be nice for them to get some exposure to each of the three you mentioned and they can start to decide based on their own impressions. I never thought about getting a Glock until I fondled a few and shot a couple.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (2ndwind, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,051
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.