Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I waited 10 months for my EH-8. Was supposed to have a barrel inlet for a Rock #2 with a 1" shank. When I finally got it, it was inlet for a 1-3/4" or so shank, so it was not acceptable. I contacted Manners and they said send it back. The inlet mistake made me sick, so I let it sit for a couple of months before emailing back and letting them know I would send it in. Matt was very helpful and I asked if they could change the bottom metal inlet from ADL to BDL, and he said he would take care of it. I asked the cost and was told no cost.

So I sent it back. Matt asked me to send in everything, including my bottom metal, trigger, etc. So I sent it all in.

That was a week shy of 3 months ago. I checked 2 or 3 weeks ago and was told that the Shot Show was delaying everything, but I was next in line. I received an email from Manners a few days ago with an invoice attached for a good sum of money. I forwarded it to Matt, and he said he'd take care of it.

The big brown truck came today with the delivery. The stock looks great. I laid the barreled action in it and it fit perfectly. Manners also bedded the action and lug, and it is a very nice job. Looks perfect and has the BDL inlet.

I keep digging and find the bolt. But the BDL floorplate, mag box, spring and follower, and action screws are nowhere to be found. Somehow, I knew with this jinxed project that I wouldn't get it all back.

I'll wait for a response, but not feeling too good about it at this point. And for the first time in my custom rifle building life, I have lost interest and don't even care to shoot this damn rifle.

BTW, it's a 250AI that I waited a long time to get back from Diablo/Ryan Kelsey....but I was lucky and actually got it back with the work done as ordered after staying on him for several weeks. I hear some were not so lucky.

To be continued.....if anybody is still reading. LOL.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy hemorrhoid - perfectly understandable to have lost your vigor for this project.

My Manners experience was quite similar to yours in both timeframe and incorrectness. They offered to make it right but the proverbial horse had already left the barn.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I knew I should have just kept it and bedded the barrel channel. But I didn't want to take the time to do that...even though I've done it a few times on other stocks. Live and learn. What pisses me off is that was my only set of stainless BDL metal. I can make do with a black set for now. Rifle is all stainless.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
You need to call a witch doctor to break that rifle's curse.

Seriously though, that really sucks....hope they get your bottom metal back to you without issue.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wouldn’t happen to be on a Pierce ti action, would it?

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Glad I read this, I don’t think I’ll send the one I have back to be painted.
Ronnie

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
i have gotten tired of getting stocks that arent right anymore after waiting months...i have gone to having gunsmiths fit a stock to my barreled action with either a bansner/brown/rimrock blank and have had a better looking finished product

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Wouldn’t happen to be on a Pierce ti action, would it?

No sir. SS Rem 700. Why?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Just curious who has mine. 😞

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Figured in the campfire world, there was a halfway decent chance it was you - and it would help explain the need for a witch doctor!!!

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Manners makes a great stock and they are good guys. They arent perfect to say the least and often dont have their [bleep] together. Tom needs to hire me. grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I may be calling on Tom if they don't send my bottom metal back to me.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Just curious who has mine. 😞

Damn.....I kinda' thought that was why you were asking. I was lucky to not only get mine back, but with the work done. Seems like I waited about 4 months. And I was waiting to order the stock to make sure Ryan did the shank length I specified.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Tom Manners is a great guy and always bends over backwards to correct their mistakes, but the question remains; why are there so many errors in providing the customer what he ordered? I’ve only ordered two Manners stocks. I love the design and the quality was excellent but neither one of them showed up as ordered and both had to go back to have corrections made.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Custom guns are roulette....but I keep playing because I'm an idiot. Just got a McMillan that I've been waiting for and the machining looks right. I was actually surprised.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Not to hijack your thread, but I’m still fighting the battle with Ryan Kelsey/Diablo. MANY empty promises. He contacted me out of the blue last May and said my rifle was completed and he would ship it next time he goes into town. Guess the liar doesn’t go to town much because I still haven’t heard or seen a thing.

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Got a reply today that they found my bottom metal and they are shipping it. I bet they are sick of hearing and seeing my name.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Not to hijack your thread, but I’m still fighting the battle with Ryan Kelsey/Diablo. MANY empty promises. He contacted me out of the blue last May and said my rifle was completed and he would ship it next time he goes into town. Guess the liar doesn’t go to town much because I still haven’t heard or seen a thing.

Wow! I thought everything had been resolved. So he still has yours and AKwolv’s rifles? I guess I really was lucky to have mine back. I kinda wonder if he was leasing a space and got locked out? The landlord may have taken possession if that was the case. Surely not.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Action only on my end. Purchased with intent of Ryan doing the build, but when reports of more than the usual ‘smith issues began surfacing, I asked for my action to be sent. Ryan stated that he had used it on another build “ as I said he could.” He apparently was confusing me with another. Supposedly there was a replacement ordered and on it’s way to me. That was many moons, shaggy dog stories, and unreturned communications ago. I hold out hope it is “lost” at my FFL...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
For you gents waiting on Ryan Kelsey, ride his a$$, call his cell phone every weekend, email him, and you might get lucky. He started my build last April, when it all blew up on here he had my money, and I decided (based on his promises) to ride it out and let him finish the project. He sent me pics of the finished rifle in early Sept; and after chasing him relentlessly for several months he finally shipped it in late-Jan......after getting false tracking numbers a couple of times. I was amazed when the FFL told me it had come in. Now getting a bug or two worked out by a local gunsmith.......It will end up being an inexpensive custom rifle, but man was it painful......

Tim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,725 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.