-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
my buddy has a polaris ranger 900 with tracks, last weekend we went through 30" of fluffy snow down a power line cut with ZERO problem, might as well have been driving on a plowed road. He bought them for ice fishing, he keeps a plow on the front, but doesnt bother using it except to move snow off the spot he wants to fish, that thing will go anywhere an climb any thing.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Loggah
The pistenbullys are pretty expensive, but you can buy decent older grooming tractors cheaper thenyou can a new snowmobile !! Older tucker,Bombardier, thiokol, snowtrac snow groomers can be a lot of fun for the whole family.

When I was looking at getting a cabin that would require a several mile winter approach a track was in the running. A decent used one will set you back a bit more than one new snowmobile, but less than two and you've got a heated cabin to boot.

The problem with putting tracks on atv's is they cost a fortune, the drivetrain isn't designed for the additional load, and you'll get terribly mileage. You can't beat a utility snowmobile for getting around in the snow.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've gone through two feet of snow with my Rokon because the front wheel is as wide as the engine, it doesn't high side. That was before I put chains on my second one and with those taller 15" and chains I'm sure that it would have done even better. Now I like the 12" wheels. It doesn't go through deep snow fast, but it keeps going. Weight on the bike is better than pulling weight in deep snow. A buddy does have that track kit on his Polaris and likes them for ice fishing.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If the sky's the limit, take a look at the ski slope grooming tractors. Those crazy things are just that - crazy. Take the front blade off and they'll climb about anything.

[Linked Image]

I drove one of these grooming ski slopes a few years back. They are practically unstoppable. I worked for a small resort with a tight budget and the groomers had a gazzilion hours on them and were a maintenance nightmare.
You may be able to purchase them cheap used but they will likely be worn out.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 338Rules, 16penny, 907brass, 13 invisible), 1,185 guests, and 800 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,234
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.