Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
If so I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks ahead of time fellas...

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would love to hear as well

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't own one, but I have handled one at length.

I am a blued and wood guy by nature, but that may change. The silver mat steel and black finished wood is very well done, and Henry holds that it is more durable than stainless. I don't doubt it. I was very impressed. It is one sexy rifle, without the cheap feel of stainless and polymer. Very nice.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Frontiersman I'm a functionality nut and being a lefty with one right son, one lefty son and one son on the fence an ambidextrous, indestructible rifle really appeals to me too!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Usually, I feel compromise when I look at stainless and polymer. They are rough and rugged, but just not that appealing.

It's not that way at all with the Henry all weather. It is a Cadillac of durability.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I have one, nicer finish than my stainless 1895. Heavy though. If I could only have one it would be tough not choose it.

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Thats a beautiful collection Warpig......Hb

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Don't be fooled. The Henry All Weather is not an all weather rifle. It is chrome plating on the surface. No plating in the bore where the real protection is needed. Here where I live & hunt the weather can be very cold & wet. An unprotected bore can rust. A real all weather rifle has at least a stainless barrel. When you get ready to hunt you need to remove all oil from the bore plus shoot a fouling shot.If you don't the first shot out of an oiled bore can be way off. With my stainless barreled rifles I shoot a couple fouling shots before I go to hunting camp . Then I can hunt for days knowing my stainless Bbl. will significantly resist rust. I have seen carbon steel rust over night in a snowy hunting camp.I contacted Henry about their so called All Weather rifle& just got all kinds of excuses . Stainless cost more, but you get what you pay for.I think Henry makes a decent product but to call it all weather it needs to be stainless or at least a chrome plated bore.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hesp
Don't be fooled. The Henry All Weather is not an all weather rifle. It is chrome plating on the surface. No plating in the bore where the real protection is needed. Here where I live & hunt the weather can be very cold & wet. An unprotected bore can rust. A real all weather rifle has at least a stainless barrel. When you get ready to hunt you need to remove all oil from the bore plus shoot a fouling shot.If you don't the first shot out of an oiled bore can be way off. With my stainless barreled rifles I shoot a couple fouling shots before I go to hunting camp . Then I can hunt for days knowing my stainless Bbl. will significantly resist rust. I have seen carbon steel rust over night in a snowy hunting camp.I contacted Henry about their so called All Weather rifle& just got all kinds of excuses . Stainless cost more, but you get what you pay for.I think Henry makes a decent product but to call it all weather it needs to be stainless or at least a chrome plated bore.

Hard chrome is more weather resistant than stainless, and wears a helluva lot better. You can't scratch hard-chrome without working hard at it, but stainless scratches easily enough.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
380 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.