Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I’m about 18 months in between Kelsey and Manners. Not too bad, but I may still need to send it to have it bead blasted........again.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I freaking despise liars. Ryan has proven to be a liar over and over again. I’m on YEARS now. Way past time to go the legal route. I’m gonna gather up everything and start calling the Attorney General and the ATF. Didn’t want this fight, but he brought it on himself.

Buy once, cry once.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Tom Manners is a great guy and always bends over backwards to correct their mistakes, but the question remains; why are there so many errors in providing the customer what he ordered? I’ve only ordered two Manners stocks. I love the design and the quality was excellent but neither one of them showed up as ordered and both had to go back to have corrections made.

John

Same here. And one trip back, they kept the entire action and only returned the stock, then when the action was returned, it was missing the screws, and they sent new replacements that I had to trim and weren't cerakoted to match (like my original ones were). The other stock that was returned had a mini-chassis system, and when it came back, the action was bedded to it, which pretty much defeats the purpose of the mini-chassis.

Great stocks, but I don't want the headache. McMillan has never delivered a stock that wasn't 100%.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gene270
i have gotten tired of getting stocks that arent right anymore after waiting months...i have gone to having gunsmiths fit a stock to my barreled action with either a bansner/brown/rimrock blank and have had a better looking finished product

While more costly, this is sounding more and more like a better route. Experience can be an expensive teacher!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Manners customer service is a bad joke.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
About 4 years ago I had Manners make a simple ADL stock for a rem 700 short action barreled action. When I received it the ADL mag box inlet was ~1/2 inch short, as in the front of the mag box inlet needed opened up by that much. I could have dremeled it out but thought I should let them know in case it as an error with their inlet programming. Tom requested I send it in with my barreled action. He fixed the inlet and pillar bedded it while it was there. They did right by me + some but it would have been better for both if it was right from the start. They make a quality product but could use a bit of polish on the little things.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
don't be telling these kinda stories. I have a Manners on order.....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Not to hijack your thread, but I’m still fighting the battle with Ryan Kelsey/Diablo. MANY empty promises. He contacted me out of the blue last May and said my rifle was completed and he would ship it next time he goes into town. Guess the liar doesn’t go to town much because I still haven’t heard or seen a thing.

He installed a fluted take of barrel for me (one of his barrels) and installed a side discharge muzzle brake. Muzzle brake was great but the barrel was a full half a flute off (in spite of my written instructions to index). Shipped it back with no insurance even though I sent $35 extra to cover the insurance. He worked on it again and the flutes are still off a little plus he forgot to re-index the brake, which now sits obviously off level and the gun torques at the shot. I'm just going to eat it at this point and pay someone else to do the work I already paid him to do.

257heaven,
Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I've been down that road myself several times unfortunately, both in the past and recently. My local part time gunsmith quit when the ITAR rules came out. Had shoddy work by a couple of others since then. There is a gunsmith about 2 hours away recommended by the local guy who quit. I've spoken with him and he says he will do the work while I am there to save me another 2 hour drive. This is his website www.valleyviewguns.com . If he is as good as it sounds it will be well worth the drive.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Manners makes a great stock and they are good guys. They arent perfect to say the least and often dont have their [bleep] together. Tom needs to hire me. grin

They need to hire someone...
My Manners stock does not fit my bottom metal well, at all...This was after another snafu that caused me a delay. It's a nice stock but I don't think I want any more from them.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Got my bottom metal back today!!! Woohoo!

Stock looks great. Now to shoot it and see what's what.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Nice bedding job

Buy once, cry once.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That looks incredible, 257. Blasers have almost cured me of custom rifles. I have yet to have issues, know what to expect and they shoot as well as the better customs out there without all the feeding and function problems and various other problems with customs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm glad it finally worked out for you. I'm a fan of buying used with stocks. Of the half-dozen manners' that I've had over the years only one was ordered new....and that was a long time ago. It was the T2 when he first started making the stock and had a group buy on the hide. Currently I'm down to 0 manner's and just all McM's but I really want to try an EH-6

That rifle looks great!!!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, guys. I may have to try a blaser one day.

And I remember those snipers hide group buys. I got in on a few. Cost me a lot of money!!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by 257heaven

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That looks real nice 257heaven.........could you tell me what your barrel length is please????

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks. 22”.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve, that stock looks nice! Mind if I ask, why the flush cups?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Sent my barreled action, mag box, spring/floorplate and bottom metal to Manners this weekend. Hoping it goes well and turns around quickly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257heaven

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Dibs... grin

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
cant dig that style of stock with the open grip, but I like the colors and the bedding looks good. Congrats.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
731 members (10gaugemag, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 73 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.