Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I have a labradar arriving today. I ordered the bench plate with it but would also like a decent tripod to use where the plate isn't ideal. I have zero experience in this area so am looking for opinions on good options to work with the Labradar. Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

I just run a simple Vortex Summit tripod on mine. Works fine when extended or low pro like this if wanting to shoot prone as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought the bench plate for mine and liked it well enough, but found that the benches at the range I frequent were not deep enough to put the Labradar at the appropriate distance. My muzzle stuck out past the chrono by about 6 inches. Readings were hit & miss (mostly miss).

I got the tripod sold at the Labradar site and it's decent. It sits immediately in front of the bench and is now at the perfect alignment with the muzzle. That tripod seems like a decent deal at ~$55.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just wanted a tripod that could do double duty as the base plate like labrabdar (albeit with a much better ball head) for prone shooting and a standard tripod for bench work and/or sitting or standing. I also herd they can be fragile so I got a hard sided waterproof case for mine that holds the unit itself and the battery pack with pluck and pull foam to keep it protected while stored. Sucks the unit is apparently so fragile but if I can avoid breaking one then that would be great.....of course this is coming from a guy that broke 2 magneto speeds (control wheel on the gen1 unit bent and finally broke off).

After 100 or so rounds with multiple rifles being shot back to back it is nice to just setup the next rifle behind the chronograph while the next barrel cools and such and I don't miss the POI shifts either. Neither is perfect but thus far I am really liking the Labradar over my magento speeds.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 13 invisible), 1,326 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,241
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.