Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CSPOwnersAssociation/

It looks like someone is going to attempt another resurrection of the ill-fated Bren Ten pistol. The announcement was made on Bookface yesterday, apparently, I just found it today. There are plenty of 10mm fans here, so I thought I'd share the news.

There was another company trying to bring back the Bren Ten in the 1990s, Peregrine Arms, but they folded before they got any pistols out of the door.

How this pistol will compare to a Tanfoglio Witness, I cannot say, nor can I say if the magazine situation will get any better, either. This seems to be a new venture, but you can read about it on Facebook and learn all I know all by yourselves, if you're interested.

I got to play with a couple original Bren Tens when they were still in production, and they were nice, but a little rough around the edges, still they were "interesting" and I wanted one, but couldn't afford the magazines, let alone the guns. I had my Colt Delta Elite, and it was nice enough to moderate my enthusiasm, anyway.

In any event, if you're still halfway interested, it will be interesting and fun to watch how it gets along. Or doesn't...............

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was at a SHOT show years ago, the Bren Ten was on display........interesting when new on the scene. This will be interesting.

Read folks wanting a Smith 2.0 in 10mm - anyone have any news on that happening?

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Chuck Warner, the pistolsmith, is the one building these, apparently they'll come with three magazines, and will cost $3500. Of the first 50 made, 40 are already spoken for. Deposits are $500, all this according to the Facebook page (closed group). I'm fascinated, but cautious, and the price is way outa my price range, but it is surely interesting stuff.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
insanity. Just buy a Glock 20

Sam......

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Glocks don't fit my hands, though, Sam. I had a Delta Elite for quite awhile, and my hands liked it just fine, but Glocks just don't work for me. I know, I've tried them. I wish they did, they're affordable and available. I've handled the original Bren Tens, and they felt exceptionally good. There is room to hope that prices will come down on the new guns, after the initial subscription is sold.

The new magazines will NOT fit the older, original guns, I'm told.

I can't afford them right now anyway, but I like to keep informed about such things. I'm kinda like 6.5BR, I'd like to see an M&P 10mm pistol, but I'll bet it would be "snappy" in the recoil department. I've still got a bunch of 10mm ammo I loaded for my Colt, back in the extra bedroom. Just a good "major" IPSC load, but a bunch of it. My Colt loved it.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

That, and Smith might do well bringing back their Gen 3's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have wanted a Bren Ten for a long time. Found one with 2 mags for $3200 on 1911 Addicts, but just could not pull the trigger on something I would be afraid to shoot because NO replacement parts or service.

So I sold my Delta Elite and will be saving for one of the variations of the Witness 10mm. I've heard good things.

I guess I've come to the realization that I'm no Sonny Crockett....after all.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I recently got a Witness 10mm - the steel frame version - and really like it so far. Thinking about trying the polymer version, as I've seen several for sale reasonable lately. Had a Glock 20, had problems with it and sent it down the road - but it was "fun" to shoot.

Mike Holmes

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have never been a fan of the Bren 10...all bluster and nothing interesting to me for the most part. They took the CZ75 design and complicated it considerably to the detriment of the design; just kinda goofy. The ones that were made were made fairly well and they were nice to look at. But I once picked one up and thought "this is what the shooting public has been waiting for".

Now all that said...

There are those who disagree with me, and who loved the Bren 10. And Chuck Warner is a man with some considerable talent in manufacturing and as a gunsmith. I have no doubt if he makes a Bren 10, that it will be everything anyone ever dreamed a Bren 10 would be, and a fantastic piece of the gunmakers art. And if Chuck says he'll deliver...well, it may take some time; but he will deliver.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just buy a Sig p220

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just buy a 1006...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
I recently got a Witness 10mm - the steel frame version - and really like it so far. Thinking about trying the polymer version, as I've seen several for sale reasonable lately. Had a Glock 20, had problems with it and sent it down the road - but it was "fun" to shoot.

Mike Holmes

That is what I would buy if I were wanting.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have a buddy who had a Bren Ten. He sold it about 5 years back. Cracked me up because he told me he’d gotten top dollar because he’d sold it to some Miami Vice nerd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

or this Witness 10mm steel 15 shot mag

[Linked Image]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a twin to that Witness - LOVE it!

Mike Holmes

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

At $3500.00 the Bren Ten could be money well spent as an investment. They have a cult following and there will not be many built by just one gunsmith.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My friend has two originals. One is the full size two tone hard chrome/ blue and the other is the rare commander size one called a Special Forces. The commander size one is in mint condition.

He gave me a 10 mm Witness standard model in wonder finish. It is a nice pistol but I honestly have not shot it much. I call it the "Poor Man's Bren Ten"

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In the CNC era, probably much easier to make the gun today than in the 80's.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fotis

or this Witness 10mm steel 15 shot mag

[Linked Image]

That's a good looking Witness.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Or a Glock 40. This one the MOS version with Trijicon RM-06 reflex sight.

DF

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,109
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.