Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've been nipped by a couple of dogs, when I was a kid, and a couple of times by cats. Oddly enough, I lived thru all those episodes. One cat died, the other (I named her Chui, after she chewed on me) still lives, and is pretty sweet, in reality. She was just scared by the big guy who tried to pull her out of the crawl space she was trying to get into.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
A couple of dogs, a couple of black widows, a horse and an inmate.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I caught a baby style javelina at the tail end of a sizable herd that paraded by me on a deer/cow/javelina trail as i sat on stand by it while leaning gainst a huge live oak.

I probably weighed about 2 pounds and after dodging the sow and 3 boars that instantly surrounded me and sent them packing, except for the sow, i got back to the oak and squatted down while keeping uncles bar '06 pointed in the sows direction. The sucker sounded just like a human baby crying and i got to thinking it might be a little too old to make a pet of anyway. My palm was over its back with my thumb and fingers grasping around its sides behind its shoulders. I set it down and before i could withdraw my hand it turned, jumped and nailed my thumb, its canines buried to the bone.

I shook it off in a flash of pain and it jumped at me and nailed my pants and leg above my boot while i was still squatted down. I kicked it loose and it headed back to momma while sniffling just like a kid after it quits squalling.

Oh yeah, brown recluse almost cost me my lower leg.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/18/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
... I ran it down (the cat was fatter than me) and I scooped it up.
Got right up to the door and the prick chomped down on my wrist, burying its teeth.
Fkme........

the ages old ploy... one gets to chase a woman or cat until it catches you... wink

A parakeet crunching down on ones lip or earlobe aint a nice feeling.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dogs, amazing how your hand can swell in 4 hours if it gets infected.

A blue crab got my middle finger, cut lengthwise through, right beside the nail. My dad and cousin told me to leave them alone.

Stood on a red ant pile to pick raspberries. My aunt had to strip me bare nekkid and get them off me. She had warned me about the ants,I didn't listen. A popular tale told at family gatherings. I was 4, and still hate that story 44 years later.

Same aunt had a pet goose, bastid grabbed me by the belly at around the same age. I had been warned to stay away from her nest. Didn't listen. Another story, don't like that one either.

Fire ants, one good reason to live this far north.

Black snake, but he only got my boot, does not count.

P.S. A lot of the family stories that I don't like start with "---- told Karl not to............but he..........."
Might be a lesson in there somewhere. wink

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 02/18/18.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by gunner500
One dog after I told the dude to put it up, went back on a thunderstorm night and shot the sombitch through the fence.

Take note: gunner is not the one you want to bite.

Several no damages aside from little cuts but they were giving it all they had: little dogs, non-poisonous snakes, cats, a squirrel, shoe messed up by a snapping turtle.

Once by a Rottweiler when I was running. I didn't even know he was there until he hit me from behind. Didn't even break the skin but the chert road scratched me up. Next day I had a huge bruise on my butt cheek. He turned around and went back to his house before I was back on my feet and I got up pretty quick. I was mad enough to wish he'd stayed now I'm glad he didn't. I ran backwards every time I passed that house after that.

When I was a little kid by a sow when catching a young pig for a local farmer (same one that owned the Rottweiler years later). Tore the back pocket off my tuff-skins pants.

Several horses and several hoes...I got lax and put to much trust in the horses, the others were just par for the course I guess.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
By a drunk woman back when I was MP, breaking up a domestic.
Got a Tetnus shot as ordered by the doc.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
One dog after I told the dude to put it up, went back on a thunderstorm night and shot the sombitch through the fence.

Take note: gunner is not the one you want to bite.

Several no damages aside from little cuts but they were giving it all they had: little dogs, non-poisonous snakes, cats, a squirrel, shoe messed up by a snapping turtle.

Once by a Rottweiler when I was running. I didn't even know he was there until he hit me from behind. Didn't even break the skin but the chert road scratched me up. Next day I had a huge bruise on my butt cheek. He turned around and went back to his house before I was back on my feet and I got up pretty quick. I was mad enough to wish he'd stayed now I'm glad he didn't. I ran backwards every time I passed that house after that.

When I was a little kid by a sow when catching a young pig for a local farmer (same one that owned the Rottweiler years later). Tore the back pocket off my tuff-skins pants.

Several horses and several hoes...I got lax and put to much trust in the horses, the others were just par for the course I guess.

LOL, Bud had that rental property for better than 10 years, he and i roofed, painted and carpeted that place, I helped him fix it up, we bought a skining shed for the corner of the place, time went by, he rented it out to a good man that had a POS non working 30 something punk kid that owned the dog, I asked him twice nicely to put that thing up, only dog I ever got mad enough to shoot.

You know the big muscle in the back of your thigh that's the size of a loaf of bread [hamstring?] that pit had mine in his mouth, was shaking and wouldnt let go, I fat handed him [you mma guys may call it a hammer fist] in the side of the head, he let go and ran off, that hurt like a sombitch.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
And a worthless conure bird. I hated that thing. Belonged to a phsyco girlfriend. It was out of its cage and about to be set upon by her dog and cat. I scooped him up to get him away from the two varmints and the little ba%#@&% bit my finger clear to the the bone. It took all my will power not to crush that little green maggot.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Several times by dogs, about half my own. Three times I was bitten at work before we were given snare sticks. I was off work 1-3 weeks.

Once by our first cat- it had a mental breakdown and went crazy. That was right though the web between the thumb and forefinger. Still hurts thinking about it.

A couple times by horses or donkeys, the donkeys were the worst.

Many times by birds of pret, I apprenticed as a falconer and worked at the MN Raptor Center for two years. Was bit by a black bear while pulling a bear out of the den to radio collar. It drew blood but no serious injury.

Have been bit by snakes a few times, twice by rattlesnakes when milking them. Went to the hospital for observation the first time in case I was allergic to the antivenin.

The worst bites were from humans, that happened three times. Twice while working, once in a fight.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dobie bit my forearm. Bled like a stuck pig. I plotted for days about how to kill it.
I got distracted and never got around to it.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I been bit by a baby groundhog. It smarted.

Anything like getting bit by an angry beaver? grin

Young though he was, little fooker had a set of teeth that went right to the bone in my left index finger. I guess I am lucky it wasn't an angry beaver. Those bastids could clip off a finger easier than a green briar.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I been bit by a baby groundhog. It smarted.

Anything like getting bit by an angry beaver? grin

Young though he was, little fooker had a set of teeth that went right to the bone in my left index finger. I guess I am lucky it wasn't an angry beaver. Those bastids could clip off a finger easier than a green briar.

Not when they're in a drunk womans lap. laugh

Trump Won!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I got bit once. Now I'm twice shy.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After dealing with lots of critters in situations for a long time - mostly on their turf - been bit by almost everything mentioned. The worst effect/feeling for the longest period was from a Brown Recluse that stung the middle of my forehead just above the nose. Actually, it was a better place than most if you're going to get it by a BR.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
horses, dogs, cats, birds, other stuff.
my dad while an uncle was gone was going into the corral to put feed down for this little stud shetland. The thing would wait until my dad's back was turned then bite him. Having had enough of that my dad was ready for it when the horse approached, he turned around and gave him a left hook in the nose with every bit of weight he had in him. After that, the horse would go to the other end of the corral and wait until he left.
come to think of it i did get a brown recluse too. bit in the morning in prescott, went to phoenix on business, was in a hotel, started sweating, hallucinations etc, started to drive back to prescott as i didn't want to die in phoenix, which i thought i was getting ready to do.
had my leg stretched out on the seat, on auto at about 55mph. had a car tail me on my bumper for miles pulled up along side me, decided not good i guess when i turned the dome light on and he saw the model 19 sitting on the dash.
I went to see good old Dr dave Duncan the next morning and he took care of it. My leg healed eventually. The bite was on my right lower leg which has been bunged up since i was a teenager.
come to think of it, i got bit by a gander goose one time when i was about five. i approached him front on and he latched on to my little pecker, then beat the crap out of me with his wings. My father thought that was really funny, rolling on the ground he was laughing so hard. Told me to fight it like a man. I have never approached a goose since except sideways.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 02/18/18.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Twice by dogs while NOT training them, too many times to count when training K-9's, a Black Widow and a Brown Recluse, a parakeet I was "birdsitting" for extra money while in High School, one cat, a blacksnake, and a horse.

Blood worms, Tanners, Dungeness, and King Crabs,

Won't count the bajillion mosquitoes, black flies, and no-seeums nor Fire Ants.

Oh, and a girl.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
How did you get the girl to let go, officer? smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Several dogs, many cats, a box turtle, a cottontail rabbit, cattle, a goat, and a few horses. Oh, and my sister.
When we were very small, she was a biter - she bit me and mom grabbed her, then bit her. After that, when she got mad, she'd bite her own forearm.

The worst was a horse. While talking to another mounted cowboy, that SOB reached around and bit my toes sticking out of the stirrup! I got loose, kicked him in the side of his head - then hooked him in the front of the shoulders, and raked to his ass (drew blood)!
THEN we commenced the bronc-ride! (I won) smile
For a bit, I thought I might be missing toes! He drew blood through my boots! But turned into about the best horse I ever had. (Dad said we deserved each other smile )

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My cat had a flying squirrel on the ground when I got home one night . Pretty rare around here so I tried to save it. Put on leather gloves and picked it up and he went right through the glove into my index finger. Flung him and cat set right back onto it, shewed the cat away and picked it up. Repeating his thankless behavior he went right into my finger again. Proceeded to fast pitch the little jerk into the side of the house. Cat finished the job.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

408 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 35 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,373
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.