#12653583 02/19/18
P
P_Weed Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I recently received my official 'Concealed Carry Badge.'

Question: Is it legal for me to wear my badge - even when I'm not carrying?

BP-B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here in "AZ", those badges mean absolutely nothing. In fact, most of those teaching CCW classes recommend NOT wearing them.

Why would you want to advertise that you're carrying concealed ?

One instructor I know tells a story of how a citizen thought that the badge was for an undercover police officer and was reporting
a robbery to the bearer of the "CCW" badge.

For me, concealed means concealed. I do not need to let the world know that I am armed.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've seen an advertised.

Never knew there was anyone that hard up for attention to buy one thoigh

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by P_Weed

Anyone wearing such a badge should also have a spinner beanie on their head.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd leave it at home, just to eliminate the possibility somebody seeing it and reporting you for impersonating an officer. I'm not insinuating you would do that but every idiot has a cell phone and a good number of them call the police over stuff most of us would blow off.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B2

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by P_Weed

I'm pretty sure this post was humor - good job! Made me giggle.

But just in case there's some noob who is serious about this: You are NOT in the cop business - ever. Pretending to be in the Cop business will get you in a world of hurt in all sorts of ways.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The same rules apply for the wearing of your official state licensed driver badge. Only wear it visibly when you are actually driving. Please note: when you are stopped at a red light for more than one minute or in a properly designated parking place, you must immediately remove the official licensed driver badge or face legal penalties. An exception provision for the concealed weapon carry badge is there is no requirement to display it while in the act of showering, if armed. Hope this helps.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What the hell is a CCW badge?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You can order one from ads in magazines or internet ads. They are marketed to space cadets who think that if they have a concealed carry license, they are then somehow, somesort of a kinda sorta, big shot law enforcement official secret special agent. Kinda like in the league of James Bond, Man From U.N.C.L.E., and Batman (or Batgirl), with a smattering of Maxwell Smart mixed in.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Henryseale
You can order one from ads in magazines or internet ads. They are marketed to space cadets who think that if they have a concealed carry license, they are then somehow, somesort of a kinda sorta, big shot law enforcement official secret special agent. Kinda like in the league of James Bond, Man From U.N.C.L.E., and Batman (or Batgirl), with a smattering of Maxwell Smart mixed in.

LOL, I have to get me one of them, maybe we should do a group buy:)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you serious ?

Sterile is the word. No advertising whatsoever.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
We don't need no stinkin' badges!

^^^^^ THIS^^^^^

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I don't have one, and have no plans to, but I could speculate about where it might be useful, i.e., you're involved in a shooting and don't want a cop to see you in the distance with you handgun in hand after arriving to a report of a shootout, and cap you with his scoped AR. He might hesitate a few seconds if he sees a badge of some kind in a proper holder on the belt. I guess the idea would be to take it out and put it on your belt under a circumstance like that, but otherwise to leave it put away. Just a thought, but perhaps there are reasons this isn't a good idea. I haven't given a lot of thought to it.

But it's sort of like the idea of keeping a SECURITY windbreaker in you trunk with your AR, in case there's a mass shooter you have a chance to dispatch, and don't want a cop to shoot you thinking you're the mass shooter. He may hesitate long enough to reevaluate what he's seeing if he sees those big yellow letters SECURITY across your back.

The only difference in concept is that the badge is something you don't have to run to your trunk for.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I think they're giving them out with jars of Ovaltine these days.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

But it's sort of like the idea of keeping a SECURITY windbreaker in you trunk with your AR, in case there's a mass shooter you have a chance to dispatch, and don't want a cop to shoot you thinking you're the mass shooter. He may hesitate long enough to reevaluate what he's seeing if he sees those big yellow letters SECURITY across your back.

What if the afforementioned cop can't see your lettered-up back?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For informational purposes only.

http://www.dsmsafety.com/index.html

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd rather have one of those stupid things than a 'security' jacket. I wouldn't want them to write me a ticket for 'impersonating a mall cop'......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Then you could well be screwed. It might be better than not even trying to deter cops from shooting you, though.

PS I'm not one of those guys who carries a carbine, just in case. There are some at this site who do, though.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Then you could well be screwed. It might be better than not even trying to deter cops from shooting you, though.

PS I'm not one of those guys who carries a carbine, just in case. There are some at this site who do, though.

You don’t have a rifle in your truck? WTF

How do you shoot stuff in your daily comings and goings? I use my truck gun way more often than my spare tire.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
124 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,846 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,672
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.