-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Got in on a lefty T3 in a fast-twist 22-250 this summer. My first handload with components on hand went into 1.5” 3-shot groups at 300 yds for a bunch of them. Very pleased with that; Winchester white box 55’s did almost as well.

An elk hunt this coming October was enough for me to skip my Guns Anonymous meetings and fall of the wagon. I purchased another T3, this time in 300 WSM, tapped the receiver for 8x40’s, put a LimbSaver on it and with Lightweight Talley’s and a Leupold (😮) VX2 6X LRD on, it hit right at 7lbs — sweet. I like light rifles for hunting.

While I this is my first experience with Tikka’s, and I haven’t started the 300 up yet, I’m pleased with these lightweight, accurate rifles.

Just affirming what many here have known for awhile now.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Never had a Tikka that didn't shoot better than me right out of the box!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never had a Tikka either. I have one of the new .22's on order. I sure hope it's a shooter. Contgrats on the 22-250 and good luck on the 300 wsm

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
A thought on the Tikka. I had one in 260 Rem & it was scary accurate. Consistently under 1/2" for three shots. Loved it . But the thin plastic magazine was a piece of junk. A friend on a cold hunt this year dropped the magazine loaded with three rounds. When it struck the hard ground it cracked badly. Thought duct tape would hold it for the hunt. Well the added thickness of the tape would not allow it to fit back in the magazine well, to thick. Was a single shot hunt. He was wearing gloves when he dropped it. Might suggest handling the magazine with bare hands no matter how cold. Plastic & cold do not go well together.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Yep, immediately noticed the same,.. and ordered an extra. Jeepers, why do “they” do that?

IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Hesp
A thought on the Tikka. I had one in 260 Rem & it was scary accurate. Consistently under 1/2" for three shots. Loved it . But the thin plastic magazine was a piece of junk. A friend on a cold hunt this year dropped the magazine loaded with three rounds. When it struck the hard ground it cracked badly. Thought duct tape would hold it for the hunt. Well the added thickness of the tape would not allow it to fit back in the magazine well, to thick. Was a single shot hunt. He was wearing gloves when he dropped it. Might suggest handling the magazine with bare hands no matter how cold. Plastic & cold do not go well together.

Or buy one of the new aluminum magazines from Mountain tactical for $49......Hb

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

Thank you was not aware of those aluminum versions. For what a Tikka cost they ought to come with a metal magazine. What is their e-maill. & again thank you.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker

Thank you was not aware of those aluminum versions. For what a Tikka cost they ought to come with a metal magazine. What is their e-maill. & again thank you.

Here you go.

https://tikkaperformance.com/index.php?_route_=tikka-magazines

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

Here you go.

https://tikkaperformance.com/index.php?_route_=tikka-magazines

Thank you!! I do appreciate it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 3,093 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.