Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I got caught with my pants down when the shortage happened so now that it's available again I've put away at least a lifetimes supply in the last year but for some reason I'can't stop buying the stuff.

This is Feburary's proceeds and there's still a week left.

I think I might need an intervention.......or at least an extra Sage Rat Safari (or three) this spring.

[Linked Image]

GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Good supply Field... Before I retired, I bought up three or four cases of 22 ammo.. I have shot much of it away, Yellowjackets, Stingers, and CCI HP.. I only bought the hi speed stuff because I caught it on a great buy, but my CZ loves it.. I still pick up packs of cci when I see a reasonable deal.. You can't have too much ammo.. When my step grand daughter comes up, she goes though lots of it..

Molon Labe
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yep. You need some hot rod stuff and some CB shorts to balance out your supply.

I've got a little of everything. A few different Super X, some Stingers, and about a half a 30 year old Remington bulk pack of Vipers that came in a nice plastic case.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yea....I've got about 20,000 rounds of Mini Mags and CCI Standard Velocity rat holed for hunting but my little CZ's so accurate I like to target shoot with the semi match ammo so I pick up a brick or two when I see it at good price. The Federal's for handgun practice but the CZ shoots the Auto Match pretty darn good too.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Wow Field, you do have a hoard.. Good on you!!

Dollar, I don;t do much with shorts, but should buy a few just because..

Molon Labe
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
On Trump's election day, I ran over to a local shop and picked up a case (5000) rounds of Aguila SE CPHV stuff. My rifles AND pistols like it a LOT. I knew if the Screecher won, I'd be outa luck trying to find more. I already had 3500 rounds of it, and about 1500 rounds of MiniMagHPs, and a couple boxes of AutoMatch, and a couple of Winchester 555, etc., etc., etc. I've since bought some Blazer and Federal #510, too, to go along with a brick of old Winchester Power Points. All of that stuff shoots well in one or more of my .22 rifles. If I find something the rifles like, I try to pick up a brick or two to keep on hand. Last weekend, it was a brick of CCI SV, which all the rifles like a lot. I won't talk about Velocitors or Stingers laugh but I keep some of those on hand, too.

I will not be caught with my britches down again, like I did when Obama got elected. If the stuff doesn't shoot well in my rifles, it will be good enough for the pistols. One way or another, I should have enough to get by for awhile.

Those Aguila loads shoot quite well when the weather is warm, but in cold weather it's a little flaky. So are most other rimfire loads, though. I keep a lot of Hornady 17gr. VMs for my .17HMR, and a lot of 30gr. .22WMR ammo on hand, too. Once bitten, twice shy, I guess.

I am not a hoarder, though, I'm an overage Boy Scout. grin

Last edited by ratsmacker; 02/20/18.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Wow Field, you do have a hoard.. Good on you!!

Dollar, I don;t do much with shorts, but should buy a few just because..

I like to shoot'm out of my revolver. Kind of like a cap gun with a punch.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

grin

I use shorts on my little trap line but the way my luck's been running the last couple of years the 200 rounds I have on hand should last as long as I do.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 02/20/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have several guns that love the Norma Match, so when it went on sale at Midway for $39.99 a case with free shipping, I jumped on it. What is that SK Magazine stuff? Not familiar with it at all.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Every time Midway puts Norma Match or Tac on sale I say I'm going to order some but always forget.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have several guns that love the Norma Match, so when it went on sale at Midway for $39.99 a case with free shipping, I jumped on it. What is that SK Magazine stuff? Not familiar with it at all.

I did the same thing with the Norma Match. It just showed up yesterday so I haven't tried it yet but it's supposed to be a tich better than their Tac 22 and my CZ loves that stuff.

The SK is made by Lapua. It's their low end match stuff. It shoots a tich better than the Tac in my CZ. Costs a little more too but not too much.

This is about average but I occasionally find it cheaper .
http://ammunitionstore.com/products/22lr-ammo-sk-lapua-40gr-magazine-500-round-can.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great Minds....
The day of the Florida deal,
I went for 10,000 Mini-Mag Hp's.
Thought if SHTF over this deal, who knows.
$6.99 per 100
Free ship
No tax.
Not the price of the good ol' days,
but these aren't the good ol' days.

P.S. not that I really needed any....... smile

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good idea.....I noticed that Wall Mart has the Mini's for a little over $7 the other day.
Like you say, "not as good as the good ol days" but it's a hell of a lot better than what was going on five years ago.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The tac is great stuff.. best value going by far in my opinion. Midway had match for 400/5000 not long ago

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just ordered two cases of SK 40 gr round nose from Graf and Sons. One for Roof and one for me. Shoots very well in both our rifles and at $4.42 a box not as pricy as most target ammo. Should see us through a solid season of silhouette shooting. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

grin

I use shorts on my little trap line but the way my luck's been running the last couple of years the 200 rounds I have on hand should last as long as I do.

Yeah, me too. I've got an elderly Remington M24 autoloader that is a Short-Only gallery gun (5 round magazine capacity). It's throat is GONE, halfway down the pipe, in fact, but it shoots well enough to kill coons in my trap, which is all I use it for anyway.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Good idea.....I noticed that Wall Mart has the Mini's for a little over $7 the other day.
Like you say, "not as good as the good ol days" but it's a hell of a lot better than what was going on five years ago.

Been to our Whatamart a lot lately (garden season). They've had zero CCI, just Thunderduds and Winchester 100 packs. Don't want either. Asked the counter guy if the scroungers were still hitting them up, but he said they just don't get CCI.

I like to keep some MMs on hand because they're reliable and good small game killers, and SV are among the top 3 in my 77/22. Have to stick with the WWW, I guess.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Pappy, our local Wallyworld usually has CCI SV in stock, so I'd ask the manager at your store to order some. They CAN get it, if someone pesters them enough.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I as well got caught in the last shortage.. I have perhaps a bit more than that in your picture, and many of the same brand.. Never hurts to have a bit around the house.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Well before Obummer's presidency I started buying reloading supplies, I bought a pound of powder and 1K primers at every gun show. When .22 rimfire prices started skyrocketing I bartered for more than 7K rounds. Lately I have been buying bullets from handloaders who've sold rifles and have no need for the bullets. Been able to lay in a pretty good supply of jacketed bullets that way. I found a local cast bullet supplier and bought 100K of cast bullets, split them up amoungst reloader buddies so I don't have any worries for quite a while.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

366 members (160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 31 invisible), 1,585 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,665
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.