Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
they didn't ban guns to stop terrorists from hijacking planes.

They sat down and came up with a common sense approach to preventing hijacking of airplanes. It wasn't cheap, but we don't have a serious threat of someone breaking out a gun on an airplane in this country

If we believe there is a realistic threat that children are in danger from mass shootings on a recurring basis, we need to address that as the problem and solve it in a similar manner as we did with hijacking airplanes.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Arming the pilots? Armed US Marshals?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Arming the pilots? Armed US Marshals?

whatever worked.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No [bleep] way I want the morons teaching at my Kids' schools being responsible for an armed response to a threat.
Blows my mind every time I'm forced to have interaction with most of them. No wonder the US is ranked so low compared to other first world countries.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
taking guns away from everybody!!!!! I know the secretary from work carried shotshells in her luggage by mistake and wasn't detected, a few have forgotten to search some bag they take.

TSA is one of the biggest jokes around. Since there are way more schools and children than airports and travelers are we going to have 2 and 3 hour waits to get into school every day?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If we would have killed the terrorists, TSA would have been temporary. Of course liberals stabbed us in the back again.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
How about we make parenting a requirement, some exceptions to HIPPA when life is threatened, PC does not prevent schools/friends from informing authorities a real potential threat, that we recognize mental illness can have some awful, ugly ramifications.

Like that?

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kennyd
taking guns away from everybody!!!!! I know the secretary from work carried shotshells in her luggage by mistake and wasn't detected, a few have forgotten to search some bag they take.

TSA is one of the biggest jokes around. Since there are way more schools and children than airports and travelers are we going to have 2 and 3 hour waits to get into school every day?

you're right, we should just ban guns instead

TSA came about after 9/11 - where hijackers took over airplanes without using guns....I'm guessing because they knew the steps we had in place before were sufficiently discouraging .

Last edited by KFWA; 02/19/18.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yep, it worked great. No guns got through. Did that stop everything? 3000 people died just the same by simple knives and turning planes into bombs. So, was the approach then to limit buying this type of knife and add more rules for knife ownership? Nope. Air Marshalls are on many flights and nobody knows where they are or who they are. Planes are not gun free zones. Not too many have tried the Allah Snackbar horseshit recently either, or they would turn into dead pile of crap in the aisle.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by kennyd

I can't help but think the TSA hires to fill diversity numbers not abilities.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Perhaps the security measures in place in DC for our elected representatives and senators. If its good enough for them it should be good enough for our children.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The end game in not to end school shootings.............The end game is gun control and disarmament. Do not be fooled.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The end game in not to end school shootings.............The end game is gun control and disarmament. Do not be fooled.

Gun control is about controlling people.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
For 6 years i traveled all across the 48 states and the only thing that TSA would ever find was a bottle of water or half tube of toothpaste in my backpack. Never got questioned with anything metalic.
Ive went through 15 airports in a month with a handful of 45acp Inert rounds in a side pocket. I ended up taking them out cause our travel time started getting more strict laugh
Most the folks would look at the driver license for only a split second and mark the flight ticket with a sharpie. Every now and again one would look up and make sure the picture on the ID was close .
TSA for the most part is a waste of money if you ask me.

Last edited by nonnieselman; 02/20/18.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by KFWA
they didn't ban guns to stop terrorists from hijacking planes.

They sat down and came up with a common sense approach to preventing hijacking of airplanes. It wasn't cheap, but we don't have a serious threat of someone breaking out a gun on an airplane in this country

If we believe there is a realistic threat that children are in danger from mass shootings on a recurring basis, we need to address that as the problem and solve it in a similar manner as we did with hijacking airplanes.

".....similar manner as we did with hijacking airplanes."

You mean installing metal detectors at every entry point and making the kids stand in line for an hour or so before entering?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The TSA also spends about $20 for every passenger that passes through their security theater. With upwards of 50 million students passing through the school doors every morning, not counting extracurricular activities or students who leave campus and return during the same day, we're in the range of a billion dollars per day.

How many billion dollars do you suppose that we have?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1234, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 65 invisible), 2,748 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.