-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe, but I'm usually going too fast to pay attention to those chasing me.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not yet Fireballz, but haven't been to Oregon yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender

I've had a cow moose with a calf refuse to get out of the way no matter what I said or how loudly.

Really pissed me off!

You may have got better co-operation by asking politely instead of demanding... grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speaking of road rage. First time I'm in England. In Plymouth and have to spend the weekend. Decide to rent a car to tootle around. At the time I had a pony-tail and beard. They rent me this really nice car as that's all the had. I don't remember the make but it was like a Jaguar sedan.

I'm in the car and think I'm used to driving on the left. I pass this 'lorry' and notice that the lane is ending and duck in front of him. Then there's stop light. I look back in the mirror and I see the truck skipping to a stop. I kind of grimace, thinking "oops".

Next thing I know my door is open and this big bald guy has me by the shoulder-strap and collar. He's yelling, "You cut me off you Foook!" He's thinking I'm a pretentious dick in this car.

I'm kind of at a disadvantage, seated, strapped in, and about to get the tar beat out of me in a foreign country. I say something like, "whoa, I'm sorry I didn't mean to..."

He gets this puzzled look on his face then switches back to full on rage.

"I aught to kick yer fooking ass!"

"SIr, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to cut you off".

Back to puzzled.

Then I realized he was trying to figure out my accent.

This went on a time or two more. Then he figured out I wasn't from around there and didn't know what I was doing.

Stomped back to truck and we both went our separate ways.

Drove the car back to the hotel and parked it for the rest of the day.

Carpe' Scrotum
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve
Speaking of road rage. First time I'm in England. In Plymouth and have to spend the weekend. Decide to rent a car to tootle around. At the time I had a pony-tail and beard. They rent me this really nice car as that's all the had. I don't remember the make but it was like a Jaguar sedan.

I'm in the car and think I'm used to driving on the left. I pass this 'lorry' and notice that the lane is ending and duck in front of him. Then there's stop light. I look back in the mirror and I see the truck skipping to a stop. I kind of grimace, thinking "oops".

Next thing I know my door is open and this big bald guy has me by the shoulder-strap and collar. He's yelling, "You cut me off you Foook!" He's thinking I'm a pretentious dick in this car.

I'm kind of at a disadvantage, seated, strapped in, and about to get the tar beat out of me in a foreign country. I say something like, "whoa, I'm sorry I didn't mean to..."

He gets this puzzled look on his face then switches back to full on rage.

"I aught to kick yer fooking ass!"

"SIr, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to cut you off".

Back to puzzled.

Then I realized he was trying to figure out my accent.

This went on a time or two more. Then he figured out I wasn't from around there and didn't know what I was doing.

Stomped back to truck and we both went our separate ways.

Drove the car back to the hotel and parked it for the rest of the day.

lolol!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
never set out to upset folks, but I know I have made folks mad . Can't drive on the roads and not offend someone.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Local guy a few years ago, worked at Sentry Hardware/Frontier Outfitters. Road rage incident with some tattooed above the neck loser. Guy follows him to work, he grabs a broom to whack the guy, guy had a knife, killed him.

got off on manslaughter cause the guy had grabbed the broom.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Last December I was involved in a road rage/ accident. I drive a delivery route and was look for a address after dark when this guy come flying up behind with his bights on. As I turning left into the drive he decided to pass me and blow his horn. All I can see in both mirrors is white hot light and hear the horn so I return back to my lane and wham! He rear ended me. I get out of the van to see if he is ok. The words and language coming out of him was very foul. I said guess your ok I am getting out of the road and return to the van pulled into the drive and called the sheriff. He pulled in behind me. Knowing the sheriff was coming and going to be a few minutes I grabbed the package and walked up to the house and delivered it. I walked back and got in the van few minutes later a car pulled up and the guys wife showed up they both come up to my drivers window and start screaming and threatening me. So I pull me EDC and never showed it or said a word. They and I missed seeing the deputy pull up and he comes up to the passenger side and standing there listening. When he spoke for the first time he told them to move and stand in my headlights and to keep they hands visible. So there I set with the deputy on my right and my EDC in my left hand. So I let it slide from my hand into the door panel pocket and slowly hit the window button and said Hi. He asked for drivers license and proof of insurance. I gave him them and my CPL and said yes I am carrying! He asked where is it. In the door panel. Ok just leave it there! At this point he turns to the couple and she goes into a fit that I hit her husbands car and that she thinks I should go to jail. After a few questions the Deputy tell her to get in her car and leave or she was going to be cuffed and booked for obstruction. She left and the guy starts getting mouth and insisting that I get a ticket and pay for the repair of his car. At this point the deputy tell him to get into his car and wait! The deputy then comes back tome I tell him my side and he asked why is the gun in the door. So I told him that I was afraid that the two for them would attack and I wanted to be ready! He then asked Where was it to start with? I answered In my front pocket. He then told me to leave it there till he and the other guy left! The deputy goes to his car and a few minutes comes back give me my stuff and says As soon as he leaves and you can get out of the driveway your free to go. He them goes back to the other guys car and give him a ticket and his other stuff. The guy goes crazy and is cussing the deputy out! After the few seconds the Deputy yelled over the guys rant Sir you can leave or go to jail it’s your choice! At that point the guys starts his car and leaves. The deputy returned to my door and asked Are you going in that way ? No sir. I then told him that I was impressed with he patients and control!

just for Fun
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
People who lay on the horn aggravate the crap out of me....It's friggin' annoying...Here I am just driving along, minding my own business and some fricking goofball decides that he or she has to test out the horn on whatever piece of crap he or she is driving.

I have never initiated anything but those sobs's piss me off. Hell, I have owned my 2000 Blazer for 4 years now.....Don't even know if the horn works....Don't care.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Fireball2
In response to Godog57's thread about being road raged, I'm guessing there's more than a few guys here that liked to start sheit in their younger years! LOL. Maybe still do! grin

does your story end with a dump truck and .38 snub nose? and taunting someone?

38 Super dumbass, get your story straight.

I bet you're that guy aren't you? Blows thru red lights and weaves around everyone thru town gaining an extra 2 seconds on the trip to Golden Corral. Wouldn't want anyone else getting those All-You-Can-Eat tilapia and tater tots. LOL.
I love tilapia!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Have I started it? No.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Have I started it? No.
I have not either.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
No. Lots of people here carry guns!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Responding to road ragers could get you shot, your car windows smashed or paint keyed costing thousands to repair. Simply ignore them, don't even look at them that'll p iss them off enough.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yep , one in particular. Me and my ex had left her sisters , we were [bleep] up as hogans goats
So we took the national forest road and she drove . I had just said something to her that she needed to slow up and stay on her side of the road .
Cause she was gonna meet somebody gawking out in the woods in the middle of the road on one of these curves
At this time in life me and her was a bit different than your average Mr. and Mrs.
Anyway , next turn and wham , there it was . Pretty hard lick , the guy has three boys on the back and they went in the air but luckily landed back in the bed .
I asked her if she was ok , she’s good , so I hop out and the guy is in a rage , I tried sympathizing with him but he walked around me and got in her face yelling and acting a dam fool and hadn’t checked on the kids .
I stepped between him and her and asked the kids if they were ok
They sheepishly acknowledged they were and the guy is trying to scold my wife around me
I was trying to diffuse the situation cause I knew if the cops got involved we were going to be in a world of [bleep]
I started pushing my chest into his to get him away from my wife
Finally I got his attention and asked him how much was it going to cost to fix his truck
He looks at it and throws his hands up and says , Hell I don’t know
I said how much for all of us to drive away
He looks at the truck and says 1100 .
I said ok and pulled out the money and paid him
He looked at the money in hand and said that’s 1100
I said count it
He stared around me again giving her lip , I stepped between them and now im getting pissed
I said look you got your fu—cking money get in the truck and leave
About that time I heard the bolt slam shut
Moron has no idea what’s happening
I briskly stepped to the truck and held the rifle down
She is in full rage
Let go , god dam it let go !
I said your not going to shoot the [bleep]
He is in my peripheral
I see the oh [bleep] look come accross his face
I wrenched the rifle from her hands and turned facing him
I told him to leave
She reaches out trying to take the gun back
I jerk it away snd tell her we’re not killing the [bleep] kids
She tries to argue so then I spelled it out for her
We shoot him and then we got to shoot the kids , we ain’t shooting the kids
Finally sunk into her head what I was trying to tell her then numbnuts steps to the side and starts again
I [bleep] lose it , cause I’m tired if this [bleep] guy being to stupid to understand his situation
I ram the muzzle into his forehead and push him back against the truck and tell him
Get in the [bleep] truck and go , or I’m going to shoot you myself
He broke out from under the muzzle and took off so fast he almost threw some of the kids out
I ran around our truck and said drive and drive like you got some [bleep] sense
We went down the road with fender hanging out like a flap on the flying nun
Got that sucker home and a fender at a local junk yard
She was a crazy gal , good hearted as could be , but didn’t think to clear when she was mad
Kenneth

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Yep , one in particular. Me and my ex had left her sisters , we were [bleep] up as hogans goats
So we took the national forest road and she drove . I had just said something to her that she needed to slow up and stay on her side of the road .
Cause she was gonna meet somebody gawking out in the woods in the middle of the road on one of these curves
At this time in life me and her was a bit different than your average Mr. and Mrs.
Anyway , next turn and wham , there it was . Pretty hard lick , the guy has three boys on the back and they went in the air but luckily landed back in the bed .
I asked her if she was ok , she’s good , so I hop out and the guy is in a rage , I tried sympathizing with him but he walked around me and got in her face yelling and acting a dam fool and hadn’t checked on the kids .
They sheepishly acknowledged they were and the guy is trying to scold my wife around me
I was trying to diffuse the situation cause I knew if the cops got involved we were going to be in a world of [bleep]
Finally I got his attention and asked him how much was it going to cost to fix his truck
I said count it
He stared around me again giving her lip , I stepped between them and now im getting pissed
She is in full rage
He is in my peripheral
I told him to leave
Finally sunk into her head what I was trying to tell her then numbnuts steps to the side and starts again
I [bleep] lose it , cause I’m tired if this [bleep] guy being to stupid to understand his situation
I ram the muzzle into his forehead and push him back against the truck and tell him
He broke out from under the muzzle and took off so fast he almost threw some of the kids out
She was a crazy gal , good hearted as could be , but didn’t think to clear when she was mad
Kenneth

What caliber was the rifle?

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
What does it matter ?
Years ago , left that life behind twenty couple years ago
Don’t miss a damed thing about it
Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 10/08/23.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I said count it
She is in full rage
He is in my peripheral
I told him to leave
Kenneth

Bullchit !

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I said count it
She is in full rage
He is in my peripheral
I told him to leave
Kenneth

Bullchit !

yup

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, responded too.

It's stupid, and not worth it.
But...

Used to piss them off frequently in the truck, almost weekly someone would get ticked.
Usually, the guy who sped up to keep me from merging at a ramp.
Gonna force me to go somewhere I didn't want to.
A gentle, gradual, shift would get a concession.
Then I'd often get the finger.
And I would blow him a 💋 kiss!

It was hilarious. About half would lose their everything mind!

Escalation? Rocket motor!
Retarded, asking for real trouble, slightly wiser these days.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,654
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.