Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Squidge
I keep thinking about buying one, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Buy one. And you will. wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve
More of a big bore fan, so they've really never interested me. But a buddy of mine has an FFL and texted me yesterday that he could get a deal.

Figured now is the time.

Have fun with it, buy some ammo and don't be to cheap to shoot it. Learn the gun and you will enjoy it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I was in a gun shop yesterday, they had brand new ARs for $400-500.00. I asked what they were paying for any that walked in the door and the answer was $200-300.00. Haven't drank the AR Kool-aid yet, doubt I will they just don't interest me.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I didn't really ever have an interest in one either..... until one of the guys up at the deer lease brought his with a weapons light.
I'm thinking this could be a big boost to the "fawn recruitment program" as in a bunch of dead 'yotes in the dark!
Well I couldn't just buy one, I would have to assemble it from parts - ha lots of fun but not really any cheaper!
I'm down to choosing a weapons light and a sling and the Storm Trooper 15 will be complete. Coyotes beware!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I was never interested in them, but finally bought one just because liberals said I shouldn't have one. I still think they are ugly, but I now have a pile of them. I've yet to buy or build one that wasn't unbelievably accurate and reliable.They are truly a better mousetrap.

IC B2

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Part of the reason was obviously timing (politics).

The other part is we need something like this for home safety for when the 9.0 quake hits.

The other is we've had some odd behaving raccoons and coyotes trying to get fawns around the place.

Lastly is well, because there's a gap in my armory.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I was in a gun shop yesterday, they had brand new ARs for $400-500.00. I asked what they were paying for any that walked in the door and the answer was $200-300.00. Haven't drank the AR Kool-aid yet, doubt I will they just don't interest me.

You should buy one shoot it a little and if you still don't like it sell it for what you paid or close to it.

I never had a use for one until Obama pissed me off with one of his pushes and after I discovered what the gun was I never looked back.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I got the wrong scope on mine... get ready.. I put a Leupold 3-9x40 cds - wrong scope I am taking it off and I will put it on my new tikka 6,5 creedmoor - yeah I bought into the 6.5 poison.

what scope do I need for my AR15 223, what do ya'll use?

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Simoneaud
I got the wrong scope on mine... get ready.. I put a Leupold 3-9x40 cds - wrong scope I am taking it off and I will put it on my new tikka 6,5 creedmoor - yeah I bought into the 6.5 poison.

The only one I have that is scoped wears a standard 3-9 Leupold Compact.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I never had a use for one until Obama pissed me off with one of his pushes and after I discovered what the gun was I never looked back.

same here grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I never wanted one either. But I fell into a bunch of parts for almost nothing on a trade so I put one together. I put a Leupold 1.5-5 on it and found I really like it. In fact it’s my most used rifle by far. It’s accurate and reliable and I don’t mind that it’s behind the seat of my truck getting scratched all to hell as long as it holds zero. It’s absolute poison on everything I’ve ever pointed it at, crows, hogs, coyotes, deer, turkeys I basically use ut on anything smaller than elk and it works great.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I sighted mine in with a cheap 3-9×30mm, but recently acquired a 3-12×50mm E with lit reticle. NcSTAR. (From a fellow forum member)
I've got it mounted, but haven't been to a range yet to sight it in.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

I put a Vortex Spitfire on mine. It is a 1x Prism red/green dot.
Not really a long range solution but @ 200 yards it should be minute of coyote.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
More of a big bore fan, so they've really never interested me. But a buddy of mine has an FFL and texted me yesterday that he could get a deal.

Figured now is the time.

Be sure and keep a close eye on it, lest it jump up, go full auto, and attack innocents!

Congrats!

That's why you keep the barrel rung with donuts, keeps em fat, happy, and drifting in and out of a sugar coma ;].............................safety first.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear

same here grin

Damn things really are amazing.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N

same here grin

same here grin

Me three.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Figured now is the time.

5 more and you can be an honorary Texan. cool

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Discontinued.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VORTEX-Crossfire-II-1x24-Muzzleloader-Scope-CF2-31047-NIB-FREE-SHIPPING/132391718298?epid=2254322983&hash=item1ed3294d9a:g:FX8AAOSwUwFaAwUY

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

same here grin

Got mine with a flash suppressor and bayo lug when Slick Willy was making it illegal to make any more. Never really wanted one before.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/20/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
It starts with buying one. Then maybe another. Before you know it you'll be building your own, especially uppers!

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (10gaugemag, 99Ozarks, 257robertsimp, akshooting, 15 invisible), 1,653 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,756
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.