-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Young Neighbor has a new F150 Shelby.......I'm afraid to look up the price.

Horsepower galore!

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my buddy spent 140k for his mercedes g wagon. 6 months later he went out and bought one for his wife. 280k in cars. i have no concept.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my kid has a Audi and just went out and got a 2018 souped up Camaro.....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by whelennut
Toyota Landcruisers, why are they so expensive?

I'll take "because they didn't have to sweat and bleed very much for their money"?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am sure the 200 Series Cruiser is a really well built vehicle. I owned a couple of FJ40's, a 60, and a 62. All good off road hunting vehicles, well maybe not the 62, and all were reliable. The 80 series was too refined for me and I moved on to pickups.

Now I see that you can buy FJ40's that are restored and updated with newer engine options and a few interior items for a paltry $210,000.00 from a specialty shop.

TLC is another place that builds the Icon. A restored and highly modified original Land Cruiser. They cost from $140 to $260 K.
It makes the current Land Cruiser 200 seem like a bargain.

Last edited by stantdm; 02/21/18.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by ajmorell
[quote=whelennut]Toyota Landcruisers, why are they so expensive?

Drivetrain
Leather Interior
FIt and Finish
Made in Japan build Quality
Demand

and are really going to tell me that American fit and finish is better then Japanese fit and finish?

For instance Have you ever compared a Japanese Camry with a American made Camry? I have and there is no comparison.

And yes Toyota does not make a whole lot of these so there is a large demand for them. They don't last long at the Dealer

You hit the nail on the head, the Japanese made products by Toyota and Lexus have way better fit and finish than the US made ones. It’s not just the fit and finish that’s superior even the components used are of a higher quality material. I believe the 4Runner is the only Toyota branded vehicle being sold in the US these days , all other models have plants somewhere in North America.

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
There must be an awful lot of money in vehiclular gingerbread, or so it seems. Every now and again you see sales on new Cummins/Dodge Tradesman pickups...4x4 diesel 6sp manual for $40k or a bit more, equipped with PW/PL/AC/CC/Tow. Same truck with auto, touch displays, cameras, chrome, alloy wheels, fata$$-assist stepper tailgate and back-seat bidet tops 60k.

Maybe I'm missing the train here. I can't fathom paying that much for the add-ons.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It's a brand you are paying for.

Nice trucks. If you're looking used, the Lexus models are often a better deal.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Vek
There must be an awful lot of money in vehiclular gingerbread, or so it seems. Every now and again you see sales on new Cummins/Dodge Tradesman pickups...4x4 diesel 6sp manual for $40k or a bit more, equipped with PW/PL/AC/CC/Tow. Same truck with auto, touch displays, cameras, chrome, alloy wheels, fata$$-assist stepper tailgate and back-seat bidet tops 60k.

Maybe I'm missing the train here. I can't fathom paying that much for the add-ons.

Any new Ford truck that I have bought has been a XL ( with hand crank windows )
Used trucks I have ponied up for some power options smile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by VernAK

Horsepower galore!

Saw one at the local Ford garage a few months back...$110K

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ShortMag11
Originally Posted by VernAK

Horsepower galore!

Saw one at the local Ford garage a few months back...$110K

Our highways have been covered with an inch of ice since a freak December rain.
That 750 HP F150 should be able to spin the wheels.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
Originally Posted by whelennut
Toyota Landcruisers, why are they so expensive?

I'll take "because they didn't have to sweat and bleed very much for their money"?

Or...they did and they can appreciate what they have.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They make huge amounts of money on overpriced add-ons. So, they load up the cars with them, usually in packages. They'll include some item that everyone wants in a package along with a bunch of other stuff that nobody wants but you have to get the whole package to get the 1 item you want.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Vek

I'm looking for a replacement for my 06 2500 cummins. Would like a couple add ons, but man the option packages are insane! To go from a tradesman to big horn is $10k adder, and all I really want is the heated seats and mirrors. Added rostra seat heater to my 06 base model for a bit over $100 and a couple hours work. Never had an issue with manual crank windows and manual door locks. I figure the less "features" the less things to break.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just bought a basic SR5 4runner for $34,000. Put some black TRD wheels on it and should last a few hundred thousand miles. Landcruiser is nice but not $51,000 more nice.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Bought a 92 LC in 94 with 18k miles which in addition to the awesome off road capabilities and ride, was equipped with about any feature any reasonable person could want and some that were way beyond that.
It cost the same in the ballpark (about $24K) as a new Ford Exploder, Bronco, or Chev Blazer at the time, with mid-level equipment. I followed the ads for used ones of the same year and we could have sold it for the same money or better, for 4-5 years after we bought it.

We loved it. 8 passenger with better than good comfort, even in the 3rd row seats. Always put the kids back there. Decent storage behind the seats.
Put 125K fairly trouble free miles on it until my son was in a wreck with it in 2005....he walked away unharmed ( We thanked God for that.), but pretty much destroyed the Jeep Cherokee he tail-ended.
The heavy and strong chassis of the LC took it, but needed a complete new front wrap around...even the radiator was still good. Couldn't find used parts in the state and/or surrounding, to repair it so my insurance totaled it. I almost cried.

The engines and drive lines were supposed to get then about what we expect from the diesels today.
Only downer was the fuel economy....11 to 12 mpg when gas was super expensive.
Except for fuel economy....Still wish I had it.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They all just sit on the lots and look stupid to me. Drive one of those $85K -$100K trucks off the lot and what's it worth? I'm not knocking any particular brand, I just think that's nuts to pay that much for an item that depreciates like all vehicles do.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 30338
Just bought a basic SR5 4runner for $34,000. Put some black TRD wheels on it and should last a few hundred thousand miles. Landcruiser is nice but not $51,000 more nice.

What happens if you want to carry 8 people in it ? I looked at and really considered a 4 runner before I bought my Tundra. We drove it but the back seat room left a lot to be desired, Especially when 2 adults are sitting back there or our Bull Mastiff . 4 Runner is a Bulletproof Truck with tremendous resale Absolutely.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What happens if you want to carry 8 people in it ? [/b]

Buy an extra one and you'll still be $17K ahead of the game
grin

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TC1

What happens if you want to carry 8 people in it ? [/b]

Buy an extra one and you'll still be $17K ahead of the game
grin

Now that's funny grin

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 33 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,631
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.