Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Vets EARN rights others don't. And don't you ever forget it.

Only at Lowes and selected donut shops.

10% discount

BP-B2

D
D

[/quote]
And what exactly do you mean with this "profundity"?[/quote]

Glad I was not the only one thinking this................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
WH Press Secretary and private sources are saying that Trump is open to raising the age for buying firearms such as semiauto rifles from 18 to 21.

Hmm. So many vets after doing a tour will be welcomed back to their homeland by being told they are too immature to own a handgun or semiauto rifle.

Not Winning.

I think this if politico-speak. He can sya he is "open" to just about anything, and give Ryan and McConnel the word not to bring any such Bill to him. Solve the PR problem and doesn't infringe on gun rights.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hatari
I think this if politico-speak. He can sya he is "open" to just about anything, and give Ryan and McConnel the word not to bring any such Bill to him. Solve the PR problem and doesn't infringe on gun rights.

I heard that exact same thing about his posturing with bump stock ban after Vegas. Now he's directing the DOJ to create regulations banning them as machineguns.

Hmm.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
When the man says he is "open", it seems to imply "You do it before I have to"

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RickyD
WH Press Secretary and private sources are saying that Trump is open to raising the age for buying firearms such as semiauto rifles from 18 to 21.

Hmm. So many vets after doing a tour will be welcomed back to their homeland by being told they are too immature to own a handgun or semiauto rifle.

Not Winning.

It would not be hard to create a carve out for vets. Trump would also likely support that, as would I and many others.

That's all right then. As long as we can carve something out for the King's representatives and still deny it to the common folk, that's a perfect answer.

They've done it for "law enforcement" personnel for years in New Yorkistan. I'm guessing all the other blue zones also.

Honestly I'm not real worried about Trump caving to anything. He's stood headlong into the hurricane of everything else they throw at him without faltering. I'm guessing this goes no where.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Shame its got to be someone's own child, spouse, or relative killed before coming to ones senses!

Phil

Coming to ones sense on what? Gun prohibition? That's what the Left is all about. Their definition of "Common Sense Gun Laws" quickly evolves into what they have in Great Britain. The few guns the law allows the Brits to have are largely confined to "gun clubs". The idea that you can protect yourself with a fire arm in GB is ludicrous. So is the notion that a new gun law instantly and forever stops these tragedy.

You think this wacko would have given up if he didn't have a gun? What if showed up with a couple of crossbows and 10 gallons of gas, set the school on fire and shot kids escaping the flames? You gonna ban cross bows and gasoline? What if he just waited for school to be out and drove through the bus line in his car at a high rate of speed? He could clean out a row of 50+ kids depending on the configuration of the school drive and parking lot. We haven't even discussed bomb making that you can find on the internet.

No, no, it must be the guns.

Funny how we didn't have any of this until Columbine. Since we have copy cats. Oh, you want to talk about the lone gunman in the tower at UT back in the '60s? Fine, nothing happened after that for 30 years. The seed has been planted that a school is a soft target and place to get your anger vented at society. "Go to school, and kill people".

No. no, it must be the guns.

It has nothing to do with society and deca of the nuclear family, lost discipline, lack of father figures, no absolute right or wrong, the questioning of authority and the fact that every snowflake is told they are "special" from birth.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by bbassi

They've done it for "law enforcement" personnel for years in New Yorkistan. I'm guessing all the other blue zones also.

Past practice doesn't make it right, or acceptable.

Originally Posted by bbassi
]Honestly I'm not real worried about Trump caving to anything. He's stood headlong into the hurricane of everything else they throw at him without faltering. I'm guessing this goes no where.

Like the Bumpstock thing went nowhere?

Last edited by liliysdad; 02/21/18.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Shame its got to be someone's own child, spouse, or relative killed before coming to ones senses!

Phil

Coming to ones sense on what? Gun prohibition? That's what the Left is all about. Their definition of "Common Sense Gun Laws" quickly evolves into what they have in Great Britain. The few guns the law allows the Brits to have are largely confined to "gun clubs". The idea that you can protect yourself with a fire arm in GB is ludicrous. So is the notion that a new gun law instantly and forever stops these tragedy.

You think this wacko would have given up if he didn't have a gun? What if showed up with a couple of crossbows and 10 gallons of gas, set the school on fire and shot kids escaping the flames? You gonna ban cross bows and gasoline? What if he just waited for school to be out and drove through the bus line in his car at a high rate of speed? He could clean out a row of 50+ kids depending on the configuration of the school drive and parking lot. We haven't even discussed bomb making that you can find on the internet.

Funny how we didn't have any of this until Columbine. Since we have copy cats. Oh, you want to talk about the lone gunman in the tower at UT back in the '60s? Fine, nothing happened after that for 30 years. The seed has been planted that a school is a soft target and place to get your anger vented at society. "Go to school, and kill people".

No. no, it must be the guns.

It has nothing to do with society and deca of the nuclear family, lost discipline, lack of father figures, no absolute right or wrong, the questioning of authority and the fact that every snowflake is told they are "special" from birth.

You left out those evil 5 gallon propane tanks. Some twisted POS loaded the trunk and back seat of his car with a bunch of full propane tanks and waited for the kids to leave the front of a high school where my wife once taught in an attempt to blow up the front of the school and the kids as they left the building. Luckily for all, it didn't go off .... otherwise I am sure that propane tanks would now be banned .... or only sold / refilled to adults 21 years or older!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by liliysdad

Not Winning.

It would not be hard to create a carve out for vets. Trump would also likely support that, as would I and many others.

Did you really just say you were cool with vets having rights others don't?

Sure. When it comes to just any 18 year old with no service experience owning AR's vs someone serving who has been trained with an AR owning one, I would be fine with the kid in the military being able to buy one before a kid under 21 could.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ftbt

You left out those evil 5 gallon propane tanks. Some twisted POS loaded the trunk and back seat of his car with a bunch of full propane tanks and waited for the kids to leave the front of a high school where my wife once taught in an attempt to blow up the front of the school and the kids as they left the building. Luckily for all, it didn't go off .... otherwise I am sure that propane tanks would now be banned .... or only sold / refilled to adults 21 years or older!

Exactly. There is always a way. Did the IRA stop their terrorism just because they couldn't own guns? (Answer: Boom!)

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not Winning.

I guess you forgot about they have already have to be 21 before you can buy a pistol part...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Sure. When it comes to just any 18 year old with no service experience owning AR's vs someone serving who has been trained with an AR owning one, I would be fine with the kid in the military being able to buy one before a kid under 21 could.

You are absolutely as much the enemy as any card carrying Democrat....arguably moreso.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 79S

Not Winning.

I guess you forgot about they have already have to be 21 before you can buy a pistol part...

I havent forgotten....and I would rather see that law abolished than to raise the bar for long guns. Both are asinine.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Not Winning.

That's all right then. As long as we can carve something out for the King's representatives and still deny it to the common folk, that's a perfect answer.

Thanks for reminding me what I hate about this site.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

You are absolutely as much the enemy as any card carrying Democrat....arguably moreso.

Yep.

And anyone thinking the same way. Or anyone willing to give an inch.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Did you really just say you were cool with vets having rights others don't?

General Gage thought EXACTLY the same thing about the colonists. Why would a bunch of farmers need cannons and militia supplies? It's for the good of the people to take their artillery and firearms away because they haven't been trained by the King's Army.

Fricking morons in our own ranks.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for reminding me what I hate about this site.

Don't let the door hit ya in the butt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Fricking morons in our own ranks.

And they vote just like they post, without thinking.
Just punching buttons and hitting keys...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The shooting is trajic.
This reaction is just because they are fkin lazy and don't want to go back to class.

Last edited by ringworm; 02/21/18.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
231 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,857 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,793
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.