Campfire Regular
E
Rest In Peace Billy Graham you will be missed

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I hope he’s saved, but he got to the point early on in his career to where he loved being broadly loved more than he loved preaching the unadulterated Word of God. He watered it down so as to be loved by the world. You know a false preacher of the Word if he's loved by the world and his message is considered acceptable in many different circles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HitnRun
MLK could have benefited from the example of Billy Graham.

So could Brigahm Young.....or any number of child molesting Catholic priests.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hatari
He didn't get cheated. He can claim a life well lived. He never had to wonder aloud if he made a difference.

To the best of my knowledge, he never was corrupted by his fame, as so man others have been.

This.

May he rest in peace.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I didn’t know he was still alive, RIP

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I only have one requirement for religious figures... That they practice what they preach.

Many of those televangelists didn't. Money, sex, drugs, power... most all were corrupted.

Billy Graham wasn't. That, I respected him for.

Yes, you are correct. My uncle did some things with him over the years as did another uncle. I've not heard a bad thing from them about him, just a regular person doing the best he could. And to make 99 years without skeletons in teh closet is amazing really, he lived what he preached and thast impressive.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
My dad was in the same business, and was a particular good friend of Rev. Graham. I was around him often. A truly great man.

You play anything from your Linda Ronstadt collection for him?

Somewhere there is a saying, if you can't say anything nice, you are just an [bleep]

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A man of Great Faith and a Powerful preacher of the Gospel. Rest in Honored Peace Reverend Graham.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Amen to that!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of the things I like about Billy Graham is that he practice what he preached. He showed a lot of people how to know the Lord.

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
TRH - Hey, wasn't Jesus a Jew?

So I guess this whole Christianity thing is just a Jewish plot? Grow up.

No matter how you cut it, Christian or other, practicing what you preach is an admirable trait. The man lived a good life, apparently without much blemish, and none of us can do any better than that.

I never particularly liked him, but that's just me....

Last edited by las; 02/21/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
The_real_hawkeye...... why do you bother talking? Every word out of your mouth is the equivalent of what’s found in a toddlers diaper. Give it up dude. Stick to sipping Metamucil and throwing rocks at minority’s for stepping on your lawn. The interwebs are not for everyone, and you sir have proven that without a shadow of a doubt. P.s nobody likes you.

how can they prove its solicitation of a prostitute? I gave the whooor the money in a birthday card.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by HitnRun
MLK could have benefited from the example of Billy Graham.

So could Brigahm Young.....or any number of child molesting Catholic priests.

None of them have a holiday named for them!

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A century is along time to keep your nose clean, especially in the face of adoring millions. Indeed, he was, by all earthly standards, a good and faithful servant

I wouldn't mind growing up to be like him. Until then, I will have to rely solely on the grace of God.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He done good.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by USMCSS
The_real_hawkeye...... why do you bother talking? Every word out of your mouth is the equivalent of what’s found in a toddlers diaper. Give it up dude. Stick to sipping Metamucil and throwing rocks at minority’s for stepping on your lawn. The interwebs are not for everyone, and you sir have proven that without a shadow of a doubt. P.s nobody likes you.

trh has an obsessive compulsion to flaunt his stupidity.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like most of us have our opinions about preachers, and lots of such are bound to show up here.

I had already heard a good bit of other preaching by the time I first heard Billy Graham speak - at Madison Square Garden in 1957 - and it was abundantly clear that this was no ordinary man and no ordinary preacher. As I heard him again and again and watched him work during the next several years, the consistency and humility of his work caused me to believe that he truly was uncommonly inspired and led by the Lord. The remainder of his life and efforts speak very clearly to that point. As his work caused him to become "famous" and "called upon" by prominent folks, I felt that those situations created huge challenges for him in dealing with those situations in the spotlight - managing to be positive and trying to be helpful with some not very nice folks - yet never straying from his core message and principles. I never felt that power, control, money, denomination, etc. drove him. He stood alone and somehow was able to personify the love and grace of which he preached. It takes quite a man to do that. Whom else do I know who has managed to do such things?

I humbly echo those here who have honored the preacher with comments and observations. Servant Graham - rest well in the arms of the Lord.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Dude...

That has no place in this thread.

Too soon then?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by add
Dude...

That has no place in this thread.

Too soon then?

You are clearly a miserable pos.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
It is heavenly, where he now is.

Really?.. I reason he would be in the grave waiting for the first resurrection( if he's lucky).. wink

Daniel 12:2 King James Version (KJV)
'And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life,
and some to shame and everlasting contempt'.

Originally Posted by ruraldoc

He was fine man,who served his Lord with integrity his whole life...

Hmmm... nobody is born a christian from his mother womb, at some point later in life he became 'born again'.

For the record it was 1934, at about 16 yrs of age.

IIRC his son Franklin Graham was 'born again' at age 22.

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Never a hint of scandal, nor did the Reverend Graham get rich from donations.

Interesting...How then did B-G build his many millions in material wealth?

Mark 10:21-22

21" Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way,
sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come,
take up the cross, and follow me.
22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

111 members (6mmCreedmoor, 35, 338rcm, 7x57Hunter, AGL4now, 15 invisible), 967 guests, and 741 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,504
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.