Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
RickD, This is not an attack....merely my understanding of the 2nd. Amendment. If you read and comprehend the intent of 2nd. Amendment as written by the “Founding Fathers”..... there would be “no” firearms laws. The 2nd Amendment was designed to save us from the powers of our own government. Meaning, that though it may sound extreme.....we should be allowed the same weaponry as the government! Though “not” financially possible....by the intent of the 2nd. Amendment, I should be able to own a full battle-ready F-16. How else could we militarily defend against a tyrannical government! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 02/21/18.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by Calhoun
WH Press Secretary and private sources are saying that Trump is open to raising the age for buying firearms such as semiauto rifles from 18 to 21.

Hmm. So many vets after doing a tour will be welcomed back to their homeland by being told they are too immature to own a handgun or semiauto rifle.

Not Winning.

It would not be hard to create a carve out for vets. Trump would also likely support that, as would I and many others.

Did you really just say you were cool with vets having rights others don't?

Sure. When it comes to just any 18 year old with no service experience owning AR's vs someone serving who has been trained with an AR owning one, I would be fine with the kid in the military being able to buy one before a kid under 21 could.

So the semi auto 30.06 Remington I hunted deer with as a teen would have been verboten in your opinion?

Or maybe the semi auto browning 12ga shotgun I hunted birds with?

Do you even own guns? have you ever owned guns? Because you sure postulate your thoughts as though your haven’t.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
DONT GIVE AN INCH. Simple as that. If you’re willing to give that inch, then you are the problem.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When part A brings nothing to the table why would party B negotiate.
What exactly are they offering?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Vets EARN rights others don't. And don't you ever forget it.

I'll probably be in the minority, but I'd have to disagree with that.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I doubt this will go anywhere but raising the age to purchase is not a good idea. Maybe if we also raised the voting age to 21 it would be worth it. At any rate I think it is mostly political posturing so that Trump can say he is doing something.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder what the reaction of some of you would be if Obama had done this after the Sandy Hook shooting.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Vets PROTECT the rights for all citizens, through sacrifice and sweat. Not because they want to be elevated above their brothers and sisters who don't serve.

And don't you forget it.

Fah-Q

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ringworm
When part A brings nothing to the table why would party B negotiate.
What exactly are they offering?

The left offers nothing, that's not the business they are in.

The left is only in the business of impressing the evil of guns, religion, etc on young minds soon to be voters.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Every kid running from that school had a gizmo in his/her hand.

The device used to feed propaganda, fire-hose style, 24/7 into their minds.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by memtb
RickD, This is not an attack....merely my understanding of the 2nd. Amendment. If you read and comprehend the intent of 2nd. Amendment as written by the “Founding Fathers”..... there would be “no” firearms laws. The 2nd Amendment was designed to save us from the powers of our own government. Meaning, that though it may sound extreme.....we should be allowed the same weaponry as the government! Though “not” financially possible....by the intent of the 2nd. Amendment, I should be able to own a full battle-ready F-16. How else could we militarily defend against a tyrannical government! memtb

Absolutely. This is made crystal clear in the Federalist Papers. The idea was that no standing Federal army should be able to stand up to the citizenry armed in like manner to themselves.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Travis13
DONT GIVE AN INCH. Simple as that. If you’re willing to give that inch, then you are the problem.

I agree 100%.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The whole issue over AR's just shows how little the media and public knows. A Ruger Mini-14 or Remington 7400 is just as dangerous and can be rapidly reloaded. BTW, just look at Jerry Miculek and his rapid shooting of revolvers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
since we are talking about access to instruments of death.... Would someone please propose to equal the minimum age of buying a firearm to be no higher than the minimum age to procure an abortion?

Just so I can see the liberal heads explode?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by KenMi
So, they have their parents buy the guns or they steal them (like the CT one)

That won't do crap

Its going to make someone feel good.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WH Press Secretary and private sources are saying that Trump is open to raising the age for buying firearms such as semiauto rifles from 18 to 21.

Hmm. So many vets after doing a tour will be welcomed back to their homeland by being told they are too immature to own a handgun or semiauto rifle.

Not Winning.

It would not be hard to create a carve out for vets. Trump would also likely support that, as would I and many others.

That's all right then. As long as we can carve something out for the King's representatives and still deny it to the common folk, that's a perfect answer.

Only those that are willing to give up something for everybody else, but not themselves, would be happy with that deal...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Shame its got to be someone's own child, spouse, or relative killed before coming to ones senses!

Phil

Help me here Phil...

Just exactly HOW would such a proposal cure the mental health problem? This is not a gun issue, it is about kids willing to kill others.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by tzone

Vets PROTECT the rights for all citizens, through sacrifice and sweat. Not because they want to be elevated above their brothers and sisters who don't serve.

And don't you forget it.

Fah-Q

I am befuddled as to what angers you so...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Shame its got to be someone's own child, spouse, or relative killed before coming to ones senses!

Phil

[Linked Image]

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone that thinks veterans have superior rights to American citizen's rights, raise your hands.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,990 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,702
Posts18,456,802
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.