Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
My LH Ruger Hawkeye FTW 6.5 Creedmoor had chamber issues. Called Ruger and they asked me to send it in.
Sent me a pre paid label and picked rifle up, 30 days later its back! Note said replaced barrel and bolt.

Ruger said they shot a .5" group at 50 yards with factory ammo. Also gave torque specs, front action screw 95 inch pounds. Middle and back screw to hand tight then back off 1/8 turn.

Very pleased shot it today with new loads all were under 1.25" , have to rework all my loads though and starting over with new Alpha brass. Thanks Ruger

Last edited by kk alaska; 01/30/18.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sometimes I wish that I would have just kept buying more Rugers.

Great company!

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I guess I have been blessed. I bought my 1st 77 in 1980. Had already bought a Blackhawk in 357 Mag. and have since owned/still own probably 20 or so 77's and several handguns and have never had to send any of them back. All have worked as they should. But...I know it could happen at any time, and good to know they take care of their customers.

P.S. -I realize that some have not had that experience, but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I would add to the Ruger fan club. Bought an SR 22. Nice little pistol. shot maybe 100 rounds then safety froze and would not move. Ruger sent a call tag with label picked it up, Had it back in 10 days good as new. That's as good as it gets in this day and age, of non customer service.

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank God they have good CS. They need it way more often than a good company should.

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Thank God they have good CS. They need it way more often than a good company should.

Bad experiences?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by EdM

Bad experiences?

Probably read about something on the internet.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ruger has always done well for me and my customers,Ruger treats people very well.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Bad experiences?

Yes, lots. Let me see if I can walk you through my last 6 or so Ruger purchases.

SP101 327 Federal. Rough as hell finish and rear sight could not be adjusted to bring rounds onto target.

SR22 Would not function out of the box. Had to strip down and clean to get it to work. Ruger used to ship guns that were ready to shoot.

Ruger Charger. Would not function with supplied magazine.

Ruger AR556. Magazines would not fully seat. Had to send it back.

Ruger American Predator 22 Magnum. 4 FTE in first short sighting in session.

Ruger Hawkeye Predator 6.5 Creedmoor. Had bad burr on bolt face that gouged the rim. Sanded it smooth. It still scratches the hell out of the body of the brass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Originally Posted by EdM

Bad experiences?

Probably read about something on the internet.

In addition to far too many of my own experiences I read the Ruger forums and other forums regularly and it is obvious that Ruger has QC issues.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of the 4 Ruger firearms I've purchased in the past 11 1/2 years (Single-six, M77 Mk. II, 10/22, M77 Hawkeye) not one has had any issues that required it be sent back to Ruger.

When I've contacted their CS with questions, they've been quick and helpful to respond.

They even gave good CS when it wasn't technically needed. After breaking down my M77 Hawkeye I noticed something in the threads of the front action screw. It looked a bit like yellow epoxy to me and I wondered what it was or if it would impair the screw in anyway. I inquired Ruger about it over e-mail and they mailed me a new, complete set of action screws no questions asked. Turns out, it was just yellow threadlocker as the new front action screw had a dab of it right in the middle of it's threads. laugh

Ruger could have saved itself some time and money by simply replying that that was what it was and there was no issue, but I appreciate the effort they went to to make sure I was a satisfied customer.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by EdM

Bad experiences?

Yes, lots. Let me see if I can walk you through my last 6 or so Ruger purchases.

SP101 327 Federal. Rough as hell finish and rear sight could not be adjusted to bring rounds onto target.

SR22 Would not function out of the box. Had to strip down and clean to get it to work. Ruger used to ship guns that were ready to shoot.

Ruger Charger. Would not function with supplied magazine.

Ruger AR556. Magazines would not fully seat. Had to send it back.

Ruger American Predator 22 Magnum. 4 FTE in first short sighting in session.

Ruger Hawkeye Predator 6.5 Creedmoor. Had bad burr on bolt face that gouged the rim. Sanded it smooth. It still scratches the hell out of the body of the brass.

"Fool me once........."

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have never seen a finely finished stainless Ruger fire arm. They have had quality control issues, so has Remington, Marlin, Winchester, Savage, Colt, S&W and etc. I would probably get carpel tunnel if I typed up all of the publicized issues firearms manufactures have had. All of them have made good fire arms and all of them have had warranty and service issues.

One way to quickly spread ill will and stir up emotions is to speak negatively about some ones beloved "Old Betsy". Just saying.........

I always like hearing a gun story with a happy ending!

Last edited by 1Akshooter; 02/21/18.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (300_savage, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 338Rules, 16penny, 14 invisible), 1,194 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,235
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.