Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What about birthday presents? And maybe Christmas? Do we want to discriminate that badly?

Mike

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My neighbors has kids that are convicted felons. They come and deer hunt on his land, with him supplying the guns. They even buy deer tags, and check the deer in. I think that's pretty brazen.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Geez, once again one part of this is illegal already... but we gotta make it illegal multiple times as if that will do anything....

So to follow this thought somewhat we probably need to get rid of the sheriffs and the FBI as they screwed it up worse than anyone... shoudl be illegal for them to ignore and to not stop murders I believe.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hey, let's pass an unlawful gun law that's already in place! First of all, "Shall not be infringed". Second, laws don't stop criminals; laws create criminals. Third, and you guys are your own worst enemies, really, most of you are actually thinking it is a good idea to end-around the Constitution, and you seem to think this is a good thing. If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be sad.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only gun control laws the Progressive Fascists want is to ban all firearms.

How about making it a federal felony to abuse the 2nd amendment? The punishment should be 30 years in federal prison. So sever that criminals would stop using firearms.

Last edited by ConradCA; 02/20/18.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There are several sources for this, but the average American unknowingly commits 3 felonies a day. Do any of you have any inkling just how many laws to which you are subject, laws that could be used to make YOU into a convicted felon whenever you ended up on someone's radar? You imbeciles don't know how this works.

http://thecrux.com/the-more-corrupt-the-state-the-more-numerous-the-laws/

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
HuntnShoot,
Just to clarify, you do feel that felons should be allowed to buy, receive, own, and use guns? I assume you also feel it should be legal to provide guns to convicted felons? I believe this is a law which is a waste of time but it is a law which will have no effect on legitimate, legal, gun owners and users. This is exactly the kind of law which gun owners should get behind. In fact the passage of redundant laws aimed at established criminals can only be beneficial when it comes to the deflection of the efforts of anti gunners. Now, everyone should know the there is no law which will have any effect on the unlawful; especially when any charges under the law are likely to be plea bargained away as a matter of course but some effort has to be made to derail the anti-gun forces. Most anti-gun laws are aimed directly at legitmate, mostly law-abiding (No one is totally law-abiding) gun owners and shooters. At least this sort of law is not. That it is a complete waste of time is obvious but it can serve a purpose. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just imagine how much worse crime would be if GCA60 had not banned felons from owning guns..

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I hope its a felony to knowingly transfer a firearm to a felon, If its a felony to unknowingly transfer a firearm to a felon, then its a blow to a FTF transfers to any party you don't know well.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'll be happy to clarify: read the Second Amendment. It's cut and dry. Now read the Tenth. Now, understand that no element of government can regulate a right in any way, or it ceases to be a right and becomes a government-granted privilege, like driving on a public road, for example. In order for a state government to overstep the boundaries placed upon government in the Constitution, it must secede.

Now, if you read the link, or simply google 3 felonies a day, you'll see that the average gun owner ALREADY IS a felon. You are subject to over 1 million laws. Do you have any idea what most of them are? So yes, I am stating that felons have their gun rights intact, simply by saying that the right exists, even for current felons. If you want to argue that CONVICTED felons are the ones who have lost their rights, you've argued first that man can take away what God gives, and second, that your personal prohibition to gun rights is a prosecutor away. Good luck with that. The Constitution restricts THE GOVERNMENT. The rights belong to THE PEOPLE. You've all let the law be turned on its head, and now you are actually advocating for your own unlawful disarming. Imbeciles.

Last edited by HuntnShoot; 02/20/18.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How many of those shooters were felons? Most legally bought their firearms. How many of them had prior mental problems and were treated for it? It's my understanding that a background check does not include information on mental disorder. THAT information needs to be included in a background check.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longhunter_1
How many of those shooters were felons? Most legally bought their firearms. How many of them had prior mental problems and were treated for it? It's my understanding that a background check does not include information on mental disorder. THAT information needs to be included in a background check.

the problem with that is that "mental disorder" is subjective to another persons perspective. mainly a psych dr. and most of them are loonies themselves.
though not many here will admit it Huntnshoot is 100% correct in his premise.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Everything including jaywalking can now be made into a felony. That is the problem, along with overcharging any lawbreaking. How about swift justice for people, and I mean justice, not what laws can be applied or misapplied.

I would let certain former felons get rights back after a period of time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How many of them had prior mental problems and were treated for it? It's my understanding that a background check does not include information on mental disorder. THAT information needs to be included in a background check.

No. You want a person found too incompetent to own a firearm? Has to go to court.

We've already seen libs move to take vet's rights away for life by claiming PTSD, we've seen them try to take Social Security recipients' rights away as being incompetent because they have their check mailed to somebody else, libs have made moves to have people declared permanently incompetent for grieving after the loss of a loved one, we have states trying to pass laws allowing a "near relative" or police officer to declare you are a danger and automatically take 2A rights away without due process (I mean, nobody has ever had an evil ex, right?).

No more. Psychologist and court and the right for a wrongly accused person to sue for violation of rights.

Last edited by Calhoun; 02/20/18.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember some time back in the 60's that you could purchase a hand gun if you hadn't been convicted of a felony in the last 3 or maybe it was 5 years. I don't remember. That law changed, probably sometime after the Brady Bill. Now if you were convicted of a felony 50 or 60 years ago, you're still a felon and can't own or purchase a gun.

On the other hand if you've been committed to a mental institution, you can go out and buy a gun as soon as you're released back into society.

Trump says we have to fix the background check system....he's right IMO

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
key word....knowingly....how do you prove that?

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 257wby
So it's legal to give a weapon to a felon now?

LMAO

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I'll be happy to clarify: read the Second Amendment. It's cut and dry. Now read the Tenth. Now, understand that no element of government can regulate a right in any way, or it ceases to be a right and becomes a government-granted privilege, like driving on a public road, for example. In order for a state government to overstep the boundaries placed upon government in the Constitution, it must secede.

Now, if you read the link, or simply google 3 felonies a day, you'll see that the average gun owner ALREADY IS a felon. You are subject to over 1 million laws. Do you have any idea what most of them are? So yes, I am stating that felons have their gun rights intact, simply by saying that the right exists, even for current felons. If you want to argue that CONVICTED felons are the ones who have lost their rights, you've argued first that man can take away what God gives, and second, that your personal prohibition to gun rights is a prosecutor away. Good luck with that. The Constitution restricts THE GOVERNMENT. The rights belong to THE PEOPLE. You've all let the law be turned on its head, and now you are actually advocating for your own unlawful disarming. Imbeciles.

First off God didn't give man the right to do anything, man gives those rights to himself. Second, we have already seen that laws are only effective if the governed choose to accept said laws. We all know that the passage of virtually any law will have little or no effect on the behavior of people intent on committing a crime. If we accept this, and we who are practical know it to be so, we can also recognise that the passage of any such law is window dressing only. Nobody is advocating for their own unlawful disarming, they are advocating for window dressing which may prevent them from having to demonstrate whether or not a law is acceptable. You are advocating refusing to accept that we are in trouble and that beating our chests will do the trick. That's a little imbecilic too. GD

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by greydog
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

First off God didn't give man the right to do anything, man gives those rights to himself. Second, we have already seen that laws are only effective if the governed choose to accept said laws. We all know that the passage of virtually any law will have little or no effect on the behavior of people intent on committing a crime. If we accept this, and we who are practical know it to be so, we can also recognise that the passage of any such law is window dressing only. Nobody is advocating for their own unlawful disarming, they are advocating for window dressing which may prevent them from having to demonstrate whether or not a law is acceptable. You are advocating refusing to accept that we are in trouble and that beating our chests will do the trick. That's a little imbecilic too. GD

Someday, I hope someone takes you outback and teaches you the difference between s h i t and shinola. Until then, I'd prefer that I define my rights, where they come from, and what exactly constitutes an imbecile.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Given the corrupt, dishonest and tyrannical nature of Obama and Hillary there is no way that we can trust them not to abuse the power to disarm citizens. They would proudly claim that no one should own a firearm and put every citizens on the list of those who can't own/purchase firearms. Their progressive fascist followers, including judges, would cheer them on. I remember how Obama decided to make recess appointments when the Senate was in recess. The progressive fascists didn't object to this unconstitutional act. They cheered it.

Last edited by ConradCA; 02/21/18.

[Linked Image from ]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
665 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 75 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.