24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being armed should be a requirement for the job of teaching.

Teachers should have to undergo firearms training and qualifications.

This would be a win-win , our schools would gain security and instead of being dominated by leftists our education system would take a hard RIGHT turn.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm sorry so many of you guys live where teachers are such pansies. I would bet on a majority of the teachers at our schools to fight back. Women included.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You don't "arm the teachers", you simply remove the 'no guns" signs and allow them to excersise their second amendment right. It ain't that damn hard. If you don't trust them with a gun, you are a fool to trust them with your children.
We are to the point we need to require some personal responsibility from folks.

Last edited by gregintenn; 02/23/18.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
South Dakota has allowed armed school sentinels since July 2013. No problems have been reported anywhere with its implementation.

Here's the law:

"13-64-1. School board may implement school sentinel program. Any school board may create, establish, and supervise the arming of school employees, hired security personnel, or volunteers in such manner and according to such protocols as the board may believe to be most likely to secure or enhance the deterrence of physical threat and defense of the school, its students, its staff, and members of the public on the school premises against violent attack. Those so authorized shall be referred to as school sentinels.

Source: SL 2013, ch 93, § 1. "

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And the training required:

"School Sentinel Training Program

Law Enforcement Training provides training for all approved school sentinels. The training course for the school sentinel program consists of at least 80 hours of training in the following subject areas.

Firearms proficiency
Use of force
Legal aspects
Weapons retention
Identifying protocol for identifying sentinel
First aid

The school board may submit a person for school sentinel training only if the person meets the following requirements:

Is a citizen of the United States;
Is at least 21 years of age at time of appointment;
Has fingerprints taken by a qualified law enforcement officer;
Is of good moral character;
Is a graduate of an accredited high school or has a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the commission;
Is examined by a licensed physician who certifies, on forms prescribed by the commission, that the applicant is able to perform the duties of a school sentinel;
Is interviewed in person by the school board or its designee and approved by the school board to apply to the school sentinel basic training course;
Has received written approval to apply to the school sentinel basic training course by all local law enforcement agencies with jurisdiction over the school premises in which the individual will act as a school sentinel;
Has not unlawfully used any prescribed drug, controlled substance, or marijuana within one year before the time of application for training; and
Has a valid concealed weapons permit."

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And the liability protections:

"Does the School Sentinel Program provide immunity from liability?

Yes. The Program provides liability immunity for certain persons and entities. Specifically, S.D.C.L. § 13-64-15 provides "No law enforcement officer or county sheriff, nor the Law Enforcement Officers Standards Commission, Division of Criminal Investigation, Office of Attorney General, the State of South Dakota, nor any agents, employees, or members thereof, is liable for any injury caused by, related to, or resulting from:

The implementation of the school sentinel program established by this chapter;
The adoption, promulgation, administration, or implementation of educational and training standards for school sentinels;
The training provided by the Law Enforcement Officers Standards Commission, the Division of Criminal Investigation, the Office of Attorney General, or the state;
The approvals required by the county sheriff under this chapter; or
The performance, administration, or implementation of any services or programs that assist a school district in carrying out its duties under this chapter."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
... If you don't trust them with a gun, you are a fool to trust them with your children.

That escapes the hardline critics of 'lib' school teachers and doctors, who also treat or save the lives
of their critics children in hospitals.

'Don't you touch my guns , but you can spend the best part of the day with my child educating them for me ...
or run your scalpel and anaesthetic through, or save them from drug overdoses..cancer, etc,etc,. whistle

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I don't fault the "armed security guard" for hiding at the Florida school shooting.

Take into account if the "guard" went gunning for the perp, do you think that the incompentant police would
have mistakin him as the gun man/woman perp?
😉And shot his ass bacause he had a gun
elimating the threat?

Playing "hero" is not a friendly job.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Heck no,
Ex cops or military should not be given a job protecting schools just because they were cops or
military.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
This is a slippery slope.....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Being armed should be a requirement for the job of teaching.

Teachers should have to undergo firearms training and qualifications.

This would be a win-win , our schools would gain security and instead of being dominated by leftists our education system would take a hard RIGHT turn.

Mike

Sorry, I disagree with this. There are too many teachers that aren't suited as human beings, let alone for gun carry and would wash out of a real training program.

Any staff wishing to be armed has to be a volunteer. You can't press anyone unwilling into service. It takes a certain mindset and someone forced won't act when required. Those who volunteer have already answered the necessary critical questions that need to be asked to themselves.

The leftist dominate and propagandize through organizations like the NEA. Like a lake full of junk aquatic life, the indoc....er educational system needs to be poisoned before we can eradicate the Marxist cancer that pervades it.

That said, there are several training facilities that offer an armed school staff training course.

[/url]

[url=http://www.ohioccwclasses.com/armed-teacher-program/]

fastersaveslives.org

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I think it should be professional personnel like ex or retired military,state police,etc., not teachers unless they meet the requirements, extensive background check and professional certified training also on anyone before they are hired. This may not be the best solution to this problem but it is the only one I can think of to stop this.

Last edited by cznut; 02/24/18.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Nope.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Nope to metal detectors,or wanna be heros.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gregintenn
You don't "arm the teachers", you simply remove the 'no guns" signs and allow them to excersise their second amendment right. It ain't that damn hard.

Bingo. As usual, the question is being posed in such a way as to make it seem controversial. What should be controversial is the idea that teachers surrender their right to life-preservation while at work.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I think if schools put a safe in every class room. With the same model hand gun locked in it. Than made it mandatory for entire school staff to take a class. To completely be 100% familiar with said weapon. Then instructed in the event of a active shooter they are mandated to shelter in place. ( class rooms not hallways ) Which they do like sheep now any way. Even the most anti gun retard. Will have a choice to make if a shooter was trying to shoot his way into said class room. Have the gun pointed at the door ready, or prepare to be another school death statistic. Their choice, wonder what it would be. I also wonder what a shooters choice would be to enter a facility knowing these terms of engagement ????

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by fester
I don't fault the "armed security guard" for hiding at the Florida school shooting.

Take into account if the "guard" went gunning for the perp, do you think that the incompentant police would
have mistakin him as the gun man/woman perp?
😉And shot his ass bacause he had a gun
elimating the threat?

Playing "hero" is not a friendly job.

Uhh....I'm hearing he was an on-duty sheriffs deputy....and he wasn't alone...3 other deputies also took up "defensive" positions instead of going proactive....and I seriously doubt that anybody would have mistaken somebody running TOWARDS the sound of gunshots as the perpetrator...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fester
This is a slippery slope.....

How so? I just don't see the downside of a well developed program that would allow teachers to carry with the proper training. I am open minded though, so I can be convinced it's a bad idea.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Study Utah and South Dakota for states that already have armed school personnel, and have for years.

Quit pretending that the wheel needs to be re-invented. There are programs that already work and have the bugs already worked out.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Study Utah and South Dakota for states that already have armed school personnel, and have for years.

Quit pretending that the wheel needs to be re-invented. There are programs that already work and have the bugs already worked out.

KInda sorts the conjecture, doesn't it?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
806 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 81 invisible), 3,197 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,171
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.