Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have several guns that love the Norma Match, so when it went on sale at Midway for $39.99 a case with free shipping, I jumped on it. What is that SK Magazine stuff? Not familiar with it at all.

SK Magazine is the production that did not test to SK Standard Plus standard just like the Standard Plus is the SK Match that doesn't make the grade. Shoots well if your weapon likes SK ammo but for whatever reason is really covered in lube. Sold in cans as shown above not boxes.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ned
I have several guns that love the Norma Match, so when it went on sale at Midway for $39.99 a case with free shipping, I jumped on it. What is that SK Magazine stuff? Not familiar with it at all.

SK Magazine is the production that did not test to SK Standard Plus standard just like the Standard Plus is the SK Match that doesn't make the grade. Shoots well if your weapon likes SK ammo but for whatever reason is really covered in lube. Sold in cans as shown above not boxes.

Gotcha. I guess it's like Eley Practice. Didn't sort at the higher grades.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just a hint here. Those MTM ammo crates work really good for storing the stuff and hold a lot. Just so you don't have to move a full one too far. wink

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have a chit load of the old military ammo cans I've accumulated over the last 50yrs.
They're good enough for me.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I made the mistake of setting a new mahogany chest in the middle of the floor to fill with my "stash". Not a big chest, 14x30x16" deep, but holds a lot of .22 ammo- such that when I stacked it full of bricks of ammo I couldn't lift it. Oops.

My chief problem is that to build a lifetime stash of the ammo liked best by my target rifles would take a lot more money than what I can devote to it. Tenex, Gold Ultra Match, and RWS 50 isn't cheap!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

The SK "Magazine"is simply SK Standard Plus ammo that is bulk packed in cans.. Its the same quality ammo and the price diffence per 50 is usually 50 -25 cents less than the boxed Standard plus.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I made the mistake of setting a new mahogany chest in the middle of the floor to fill with my "stash". Not a big chest, 14x30x16" deep, but holds a lot of .22 ammo- such that when I stacked it full of bricks of ammo I couldn't lift it. Oops.

My chief problem is that to build a lifetime stash of the ammo liked best by my target rifles would take a lot more money than what I can devote to it. Tenex, Gold Ultra Match, and RWS 50 isn't cheap!

That's why I shoot the lower end match stuff. That and the fact that I don't compete.
Accurate enough to make me proud of my beloved 452 and not break the bank.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
broke down and bought a couple of sleeves of Aguila shorts yesterday, should be enough with the rest of my stash to finish out my life. Wish I could get a case of crimped shot for shooting carpenter bees with

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

That's why I shoot the lower end match stuff. That and the fact that I don't compete.
Accurate enough to make me proud of my beloved 452 and not break the bank.

Indeed. I shoot a lot of Federal std. vel. and Eley Target, and RWS Rifle Match and all that stuff returns sub-MOA accuracy which some would assume to be normal for the 1930's vintage target rifles I'm fond of, and does make me proud. But the top of the line premo ammo which makes consistent .3's off the bench at 50 yards (and enough .2's to keep me hoping for more) really makes my heart sing. I would shoot nothing but Tenex if it weren't $18/50.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Nice supply! .....is it even possible to have too much .22lr ammo?......Hb

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got caught with my pants down when the shortage happened so now that it's available again I've put away at least a lifetimes supply in the last year but for some reason I'can't stop buying the stuff.

This is Feburary's proceeds and there's still a week left.

I think I might need an intervention.......or at least an extra Sage Rat Safari (or three) this spring.

[Linked Image]

You got some catchin' up to do.

You might consider some Wolf MT or ME if you can find it. Same origin as SK and it shoots quite well.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 02/24/18.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I got caught with my pants down when the shortage happened so now that it's available again I've put away at least a lifetimes supply in the last year but for some reason I'can't stop buying the stuff.

I think I might need an intervention.......or at least an extra Sage Rat Safari (or three) this spring.

[Linked Image]

You might consider some Wolf MT or ME if you can find it. Same origin as SK and it shoots quite well.

Yea....I've shot Wolf Match before. It's good stuff.
With this recent haul I have about 25,000 rounds on hand but I still buy a brick or two of the more affordable match ammo when I see a good buy or want to try something new..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
22 ammo is easy to hoard.
Takes up little space.
Costs little money.
Is used very slowly

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

[Linked Image]

Yea....I've shot Wolf Match before. It's good stuff.
With this recent haul I have about 25,000 rounds on hand but I still buy a brick or two of the more affordable match ammo when I see a good buy or want to try something new..

I'm in the same boat, FG. Have at least that from several different manufacturers. But, I couldn't pass up a couple bricks of CCI SV's on sale for $.045/ea, free shipping recently.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,631
Posts18,455,194
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.