-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To all of the South African citizens you have my condolences for the US driven coup that removed the progressive and successful white lead government in favor of the current corruption filled black majority rule.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Good friend of mine from SA told me years ago

You folks are killing more folks in LA county in a week that are killed in our whole country in a month. Kind of changed my way of thinking about how their news is reported here.

You may want to change the way you look at things again.

LA county 2017 murders were just under 300 (The peak was in the 90s at a little over 1000 per year)
South Africa April 2016 through March 2017 murders were over 19,000

South Africa Murders

LA County Murders

Mike I didn't mean literally, simply relating that the US news the folks get in SA is quite misleading as well as the news we get here about SA.

Dangerous in both places at times.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
http://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...s-story/a8a81155995b1adc1c399d3576c4c0bc

From the article "Mr Malema has been leading calls for land confiscation, forcing the ANC to follow suit out of fear of losing the support of poorer black voters. In 2016, he told supporters he was “not calling for the slaughter of white people‚ at least for now”."

If the president of the U.S.A. made the statement highlighted in red I think I would be getting my family the hell out of here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ismith
http://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...s-story/a8a81155995b1adc1c399d3576c4c0bc

From the article "Mr Malema has been leading calls for land confiscation, forcing the ANC to follow suit out of fear of losing the support of poorer black voters. In 2016, he told supporters he was “not calling for the slaughter of white people‚ at least for now”."

If the president of the U.S.A. made the statement highlighted in red I think I would be getting my family the hell out of here.

He said this in 2016. He is not the president though. He is the leader of a minority, radical group that gets much more publicity than he should. Same as one of your black panthers saying this. He was called out by white farmers to meet at a place to follow through on his words, and he never arrived.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Marius, Once again thaks for your report. My wife was all worked up about this last night, and I told her to relax asI hadn't heard anything about Malema being in any position to do such.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
241 to 83 in favor of his motion the way I read it....made in Parliament this week, in favor of starting the process to take land without compensation.
Hopefully this is fake news.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cape Town - President Cyril Ramaphosa has said there is no reason to "panic and start beating war drums" over Parliament's decision to look at land expropriation without compensation.

Ramaphosa was on Thursday responding to the National House of Traditional Leaders debate on his address to the House this week, where the issue of land was a major theme.

The new president tried to calm fears over the National Assembly's passing of a motion to have Parliament's Constitutional Review Committee look at the feasibility of amending the "property clause" in the Constitution.

"What this moment requires is for people to engage with each other and come up with proposals that can lead to a just and sustainable outcome," Ramaphosa said.

WATCH: Land expropriation without compensation: What needs to happen to amend Constitution

"There is no reason for anyone of us to panic and start beating war drums. Farming activities must continue as normal, and investments in land and farming must continue.

"We are going to handle this matter in the way we've always handled difficult issues in our country: by dialogue, discussion, engagement, until we find good solutions that will take our country forward."

The motion, passed on Tuesday, called for the committee to review Section 25 of the Constitution, allow for public comment and input, and to report back to the National Assembly by August 31.

Ramaphosa maintained that South Africa belonged to all who live in it, black and white, and that the land process was an opportunity to make "just choices that will serve to unite the nation".

"Today we have a great opportunity to address the land question, but to address it in the way that will make sure our economy continues to grow, make sure our agricultural production keeps going up, and make sure that indeed there is food security in our country.

"South Africans must therefore navigate this issue not by fear or distrust. Their choices must reflect their hopes, not their fears."

'Desist from driving fear into the hearts of our people'

The passing of the motion has got South Africans from all walks of life and from all income groups talking, he continued.

"Some have become very hopeful, some have become very fearful. It is a question that we will continue to handle with care and responsibility as government.

"There will be no smash-and-grab of land in our country. That we will not allow," he repeated, to applause from the Old Assembly.

He further stated the matter would be resolved with comprehensive consultation.

"There are some who say there is no need to talk. There are some who continue to drive fear into the hearts of South Africans and the international community.

READ: Land expropriation without compensation: What you need to know

"Some have even been involved in sending messages to international investors, saying it is no longer safe to invest in South Africa.

"I would like to say, desist from driving fear into the hearts of our people about this matter," he said.

The matter was serious, and it was important to discuss it "in the most responsible manner".

'It's in SA's interests to have commercial farmers'

The ANC government owed it to their children to "refute the myth that Africans are not friends of commercial agriculture", he said.

"It is in our interests to have more successful commercial farmers. This administration is fully committed to provide the necessary support."

Ramaphosa said he would soon be initiating a dialogue with key stakeholders to give effect to the ANC's resolutions on land, adopted in December at its national conference.

"This is the agenda we have, and we are going to address this to make sure we come up with solutions that will resolve this matter once and for all.

"This original sin that was committed when our country was colonised must be resolved, and it must be resolved in a way that takes South Africa forward."

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good stuff, Sir.
Thanks for posting.

Have Dog

Will Travel

I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
As the OP for this topic, I never meant to imply that it was not safe for Americans to visit RSA. I have hunted there, in Limpopo province, and also in Zim during the Mugabe era. I had no problems.

But I think it is different for whites who live there. Someone posted that the new Zim government might lease the farms back to the whites. Fine, but of 285,000 who lived there in 1985, only 15,000 remain.

In 2006 my PH in RSA told me that most Whites there send their kids out of the country to school, mostly in England, Canada, and Australia. Upon graduation they often try to stay there. Blacks must be given preference in college admissions, regardless of their ability, and white engineers are not allowed to be hired unless there are no blacks available.

Ramaphosa's remarks, quoted by Marius above, seem to me to say absolutely nothing of substance. I think a good translation would be, "Don't you whites do anything until we can figure out how to run the place with blacks and steal your stuff."

I personally would not be concerned in the slightest about hunting in RSA, or hunting with Marius Goosen, who comes well recommended. But if I lived there, my number one priority would be to leave.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
As the OP for this topic, I never meant to imply that it was not safe for Americans to visit RSA. I have hunted there, in Limpopo province, and also in Zim during the Mugabe era. I had no problems.

But I think it is different for whites who live there. Someone posted that the new Zim government might lease the farms back to the whites. Fine, but of 285,000 who lived there in 1985, only 15,000 remain.

In 2006 my PH in RSA told me that most Whites there send their kids out of the country to school, mostly in England, Canada, and Australia. Upon graduation they often try to stay there. Blacks must be given preference in college admissions, regardless of their ability, and white engineers are not allowed to be hired unless there are no blacks available.

Ramaphosa's remarks, quoted by Marius above, seem to me to say absolutely nothing of substance. I think a good translation would be, "Don't you whites do anything until we can figure out how to run the place with blacks and steal your stuff."

I personally would not be concerned in the slightest about hunting in RSA, or hunting with Marius Goosen, who comes well recommended. But if I lived there, my number one priority would be to leave.

I have met a lot of former South Africans here and to a man they all like South Africa and absolutely hate what it has become.

I personally have found the expat South Africans to generally be my type of people, not so keen on the black Africans I have met...Kenyans seem to be okay but those Somali (skinnies) all seem to be the lowest form of filth to draw oxygen.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Like I said from the start, it is not a black and white thing.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...ithini-calls-on-zulus-to-rise-over-land/

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Mariius:I will add my thanks for the elaboration on this topic as well. However, with my comparatively little exposure to Africa and what Ive seen in the past....I don't hold out much hope for any type of decent resolution. It may take longer in RSA but the end result of a Majority Rule over the country will be disastrous. JMHO

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thank you for your comments sir. My reply to that would be, why did the main opposition party take two of the ANC metropolitan strongholds in last year's elections? The opposition party, now holds Cape Town, Nelson Mandela Bay, as well as Johannesburg. If you look at it from a Black vs White perspective, then I would agree with you and your comment would certainly hold water regarding the history of majority especially in Africa, BUT not all blacks vote for the ANC.

It will never be a full on black vs white civil war. It just will not happen. Not in our life time anyways. The majority of people here, black and white are just not interested in that route.

Gentleman, hope I could at least shed some light on the matter and hopefully ease some tensions if you have a trip coming up. Its business as usual for me. This is my last post on this thread. Leaving for North America on Sunday and will hopefully have a successful marketing trip. Starting off with 5 days anniversary with my wife in Banff, Alberta, then start working the shows.

Take it easy boys.
God Bless.

Marius

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Marius: can you pm me your show schedule please?

C
CWD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Thanks for the post Marius. That certainly makes me feel a little bit better about hunting SA next year.

RLTW
NRA Benefactor Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I remember very clearly hearing some S.As saying "it will never happen here"--- back in the late 70s.

Last edited by szihn; 03/02/18.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Good friend of mine from SA told me years ago

You folks are killing more folks in LA county in a week that are killed in our whole country in a month. Kind of changed my way of thinking about how their news is reported here.

You may want to change the way you look at things again.

LA county 2017 murders were just under 300 (The peak was in the 90s at a little over 1000 per year)
South Africa April 2016 through March 2017 murders were over 19,000

South Africa Murders

LA County Murders

Holy crap!!!! 19,000 murders in one year. There is no way to sugar coat that.

Does this .405 Winchester make my butt look big?
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
That's what happens when nig-nogs are in charge. (See Chicago, Detroit etc..)

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Will SA run out of water as predicted next month?

Does this .405 Winchester make my butt look big?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LovesLevers
Will SA run out of water as predicted next month?

It's not the whole country, primarily the Western Cape area including Cape Town. They've had a little relief from the recent rains, but are still in trouble. Huge growth in population over the past 10-15 years, and no planning or infrastructure upgrades. Africa as usual.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.