Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
This from the Simon Black newsletter I received yesterday:

If you’ve been following much international news, you’ve probably heard that, after literally years of scandal, abuse, and incompetence, South Africa’s president Jacob Zuma was finally forced to resign last week.

This is a big deal for South Africa.

The country has been suffering for nearly a decade under Zuma’s corruption.

And people are certainly hoping that the new President, Cyril Ramaphosa, will represent a positive, new chapter for South Africa.

Yesterday Ramaphosa addressed the nation’s parliament in Cape Town and made clear that his priority is to heal the divisions and injustice of the past, going all the way back to the original European colonists in the 1600s taking land from the indigenous tribes.

Ramaphosa called this “original sin”, and stated that he wants to see “the return of the land to the people from whom it was taken… to heal the divisions of the past.”

How does he plan on doing that?

Confiscation. Specifically-- confiscation without compensation.

“The expropriation of land without compensation is envisaged as one of the measures that we will use to accelerate redistribution of land to black South Africans.”

Ramaphosa minced no words: he’s talking about taking land from white farmers and giving it to black South Africans.

Astonishingly, he followed up that statement by saying, “We will handle it in a way that is not going to damage our economy. . .”

Wow, what a relief. For a minute it sounded like South Africa wants to do what Zimbabwe did several years ago.

Oh wait a minute.

That’s exactly what Zimbabwe did.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like it is a hell of a mess over there right now.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It is a damn mess over there ! Whites got the country and economy in good shape for while ,,now the uneducated blacks are in the process of totally destroying economy and tourism as they revert back to old tribal ways.."South Africa Today: shows the amount of farm murders and immigrants from other areas of Africa are calling for genocide of the whites..I cancelled a trip this year 'cause I refuse to go through Joberg again and fight off the trash blocking bathrooms for tips..Namibia is not near as bad but you still need to be aware and going through Frankfort is more expensive..Trump was right about these s*h* countries..Namibia is far safer and less expensive for sure..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe CR means exactly whar he's saying. Maybe he's shouting empty rhetoric to calm and block criticism from the more radical factions in the ANC and in fact will take little action in that direction. Hard to say. I spent a good deal of time talking about CR with South Africans at SCI just a few weeks ago. None of them seem too concerned. /none of them are sending their kids out of the country or looking to immigrate. The think it is likely that the the ANC and DA may make a loose alliance, in which case no Zimbabwe like action will result.

Could they give away some unused easements? Sure. Government lands? Sure. Foreclosures? Maybe. I think that is all likely but I do think that CR has been in the private sector long enough to realize that RSA is doomed without ahappy and successful white population. Could that change? It is Africa. The fact that the ANC finally threw out Zuma gives me hope. I know one buddy who works up in Limpopo who is not optimistic. My varies buddies in FS, EC, WC are not nervous.

Maybe Marius can help us here. Boots on the ground.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hatari
Maybe CR means exactly whar he's saying. Maybe he's shouting empty rhetoric to calm and block criticism from the more radical factions in the ANC and in fact will take little action in that direction. Hard to say. I spent a good deal of time talking about CR with South Africans at SCI just a few weeks ago. None of them seem too concerned. /none of them are sending their kids out of the country or looking to immigrate. The think it is likely that the the ANC and DA may make a loose alliance, in which case no Zimbabwe like action will result.

Could they give away some unused easements? Sure. Government lands? Sure. Foreclosures? Maybe. I think that is all likely but I do think that CR has been in the private sector long enough to realize that RSA is doomed without ahappy and successful white population. Could that change? It is Africa. The fact that the ANC finally threw out Zuma gives me hope. I know one buddy who works up in Limpopo who is not optimistic. My varies buddies in FS, EC, WC are not nervous.

Maybe Marius can help us here. Boots on the ground.

I am thinking of cancelling my marketing trip to the USA for next week. The news over here is reporting that it's a free for all to obtain weapons over there, with little to no screening, with school shootings being a common occurrence. Sounds like its a mess over there.

Enough said?

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
[

The news over here is reporting that it's a free for all to obtain weapons over there, with little to no screening, with school shootings being a common occurrence. Sounds like its a mess over there.

Enough said?

Sounds like you have fake news over there as well. Nothing could be further from the truth

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[

The news over here is reporting that it's a free for all to obtain weapons over there, with little to no screening, with school shootings being a common occurrence. Sounds like its a mess over there.

Enough said?

Sounds like you have fake news over there as well. Nothing could be further from the truth

That was exactly my point Jorge.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Marius - thanks for the update.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw something the other day about Zimbabwe leasing the land they "redistributed" back to the white farmers, for some reason or other.

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Not concerned about CR. He ownes a couple of game ranches and breed game. He has several white partners in his wild life ventures.
At the moment there is a very very positive vibe in the country. Still, he is the former enemy so we remain vigilant

I might hunt too much, but it is still not enough!
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Coming over in August with me missus. No qualms here, Marius. (Still, I wouldn't want to hunt out of Detroit.)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by agazain
Coming over in August with me missus. No qualms here, Marius. (Still, I wouldn't want to hunt out of Detroit.)

Great. You guys will have a wonderful time! Just stay vigilant, and don't do anything here or venture into areas that you would not do or go to in the US.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I remember well at DSC in 2013, a reputable safari booking agent that I had used told me, “ better get your African hunting done in the next five or so years, cause Muslims and politics will put an end to it.”

NRA Patron
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'm sure some of it's exaggerated, but I have a co-worker that got hired about a year and a half ago that's from South Africa. He says it's a cluster and he's not going back, he's trying to bring his mother and sister over now. Maybe it's not a wholesale "I've gotta leave NOW" situation, but some folks like Hendri are taking the opportunity to leave if they have it. I talked with him a bit about it and his take on it is that there's no future there, things aren't going to get any better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There has been a great difference in the way the north or Limpopo province is handled and the other provinces. It’s no surprise to me that Limpopo is more paranoid. The bad things that happen usually originate in Limpopo

Much like the horrific policies in America usually originate in California.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I worked in Australia in 1990, my boss was from South Africa. He said it wasn't safe at that time in South Africa. Everyone, mothers taking their kids to school, parents going to PTA, etc. all carried handguns. I can't imagine what it is like now.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they can run the whites out of SA, would it be racist of us to run the blacks out of here? Maybe we could propose a trade.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Name the "nations" in sub-Saharan Africa that are currently, or have been, able to function successfully under black/native leadership.

Bueller?

Bueller?

I think that the Chinese will be the 21st Century colonizers of sub-Saharan Africa, something like Nazi Germany's quest for more living space via their policy of Lebensraum..

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Name the "nations" in sub-Saharan Africa that are currently, or have been, able to function successfully under black/native leadership..

Botswana? Namibie?

I might hunt too much, but it is still not enough!
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
[

I am thinking of cancelling my marketing trip to the USA for next week. The news over here is reporting that it's a free for all to obtain weapons over there, with little to no screening, with school shootings being a common occurrence. Sounds like its a mess over there.

Enough said?

Well, that is all true. I can walk into any hardware or sporting goods store and buy anything I wish, short of a machine gun, and carry it out right now.

And it is becoming a mess with radical liberals attempting to circumvent that God Given Right.

What is your point?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,012
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.